trying to fix lagcomp expiriment

kinel

i would love it if users would help  by posting these setings

so it might help everyone looking for help on lag compensation

please dont comment  about your not goona be able to fix the problem with lag comp and its sbmm 

also we know everyones lines are diffrent so we might have difrent expierinces

we probally might not be able to help but i want to try at least   well for mysel atm i fixed my problem  this has been updated to show how i did it

i not trying to be rude i just want to try and keep this on topic as all of my other attemps have failed so far

the setttings i would like users to post are 

1 ping to the dedi there playing on

2 the ingame ping this can be found in game settings account it shows you there during a game i

i look there right at start of game

3 also how the game  played if you felt a seond behind everyone and if kil cames dont show what you  seen

if possible the game mode as well

here are my settings from last week i will keep updating

8ms to netdumar      15 to 20 ingame ping  good hit registration  in kill cam its dosent show accurately  i am a second behind   game mode  ffa 

16ms to netdumar        25 to 30 ms ingame ping   good hit registration   in kill cams it dosent    show accurately  i am sec behind  game mode ffa 

31ims to netdumar         40 to 50ms ingame ping     great hit registration   in kill cams it dosent  show accurately  i am still a tiny bit behind    game mode f

THESE ARE MY SETTINGS I FIXED MY LAG COMP WITH

31 ms ping to the dedi i play on  40 to 50 ms ingame ping   my hit detection is great but still not as great on my older firmare

i am now not a second behind

These settings i got were from sable 

They were like me hated playing on a 9ms ping as it was a bad experience

They tried the 30 ms ping lobbies with the traffic rules  a member here called   east  made

And they posted a  video of them getting a nuke

I am not saying you will get a nuke but it might help you

I will never get a nuke as i aint as good as them b ut the settings have helped me

i know know how to get my hit detection \ hit registration perfect where my bullets instantly kill

In traffic priotization  you need to prioratize these ports  

below this has been updated with my findings so far

Rule1 source 3074  3075   destination   30000  45000  udp

Rule 2 source 30000  45000  destination   3074  3075  udp

The reason we make two rules is because the first rule is for your upload to the server

The second is for your download from the server

i know how to do this from god rest his soul a7legit this guys game play was amazing

i now have the same kind of hit detection as he used to get

if you would like to know how to get it heres a link  but i posted it above here as well when i updated it

I was always a second behind but not no more thanks to the settings above

sorry im going of topic here

heres my expierinces with lag comp

btw ive played cod since cod4

mw3 was when i found out about it

im mw3 it used to show bars for connection i had a 4 bar connection with a fastpath profile  11ms

most players on 4 bar cnnections i could easily kill

and 3 bars was easier

the guys who i couldnt kill no matter what i tried was the guys who had a 4bar one second and a 3 bars a second later it used to fluctuate betwen the two

this was lobby after lobby after loby

the person with the 3-4 bar connection would nearly always win

also years ago we used to sometime play private matches

and my cousin who is from ireland would play with us i am from london  and i would host  the game

my cousin would always win every game

when i hosted because he had a 3-4 connection  and i couldnt kill him

when he was host   he was a lot lot easier to kill as he had 4 bars

So please any one post your ping settings good or bad expieriences so it might help us all out 

All welcome to post your settings i asked for 

I hope i made sence 

And this isnt as confusing as my other threads i made

Im on the East Coast of the USA. I ping to the NJ server where i live at about an average of 15 to 25.  I have a gig over a gig connection hard wired have had my router with every setting possible enabled and disabled and a mixture of both.  Ive hindered my bandwidth used ping assist in the ocean.  Bottomline the lower my ping is to a gm the worse the lag comp is.  Just cause im ping at 10 to a server does not mean the other players are pinging the server at the same ping.  So i end up getting screwed

11 minutes ago, ugotstretched said:

Just cause im ping at 10 to a server does not mean the other players are pinging the server at the same ping.  So i end up getting screwed

Don't ya just love CoD! LOL. How come every other damn game seems to just work whereas you need to be a freaking scientist to figure out how to get CoD to play right.

16 minutes ago, ugotstretched said:

I have legit exhausted all options.  its terrible

I can play Battlefield V on wifi with no QoS and its plays flawlessly. CoD. Nope, it seems to be an exact science to get it to run right. F'ing joke at this point.

You can change your settings all you want but the fact is you cannot control others latency. THAT is what determines if lag compensation is being used in the play. If a user has double or more your latency they will gain lag compensation. That's why it's worse to play on low ping in this cod. It's easier to have twice the ping of 18. And even twice 32.

Most users are between 50 and 80 latency. (I play controller on PC and can view others latency on the scoreboard) Which means if you are low ping you will always be on the shit end of the stick. The target ping is 40-50 to avoid  being compensated against and still maintain good hit reg.

Honestly I dont even use the geofilter anymore and I've been dropping 60+kills vtols and managed to get my highest kill streak of 17.

357 magnum only. I dont spray, ever.

Also when I turn off crossplay and vs mouse and keyboard users their in game latency is much lower than most console matches and I have a solid experience. I cant always find a lobby though so I toggle back and forth.

FB_IMG_1574880065236.jpg

UGotstretched i feel the same and tried every trick in the book but to me the best game i had when i played on a russian server what was giving me a 55ms ping on dedi

I was a sponging bullets

have you tried move your location to a higher   ping server

Myself i cant play on that server anymore due to i am on older firmware  so its a lot harder to change geo location and aviod dedis  as you cant block dedis only temp blockug

Ugotstretched thank you for your settings

If i put my location on the west coast of the USA i can probably force furthers servers.  Ive been playing this gunfight tournament and cant get in a game with Geo enabled.  I hate to say it put the Duma really is not good anymore, especially for Cod players.  Black ops had some bad connections also.

15 minutes ago, ugotstretched said:

I hate to say it put the Duma really is not good anymore, especially for Cod players.  Black ops had some bad connections also.

OpenWRT doesn't seem to work well with Black Ops 4 anymore neither. They've clearly done something to their netcode and made it even worse.

10 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

OpenWRT doesn't seem to work well with Black Ops 4 anymore neither. They've clearly done something to their netcode and made it even worse.

Its crazy through the years my network has gotten better and better but my gaming experience has gotten worse.  I tried a nord vpn on black ops, maybe ill try it again with modern warfare

Heres some settings i just tried

Ping to dedi 19ms     ingame ping was around 33 ms to 36 ms  my hit detection was brilliahnt due to what ive been doing with ports  i didnt seem a second behind every kill cams was showing correct

i also tried the russian dedi

my ping to dedi was 55ms before patch this server was my favourite

my ping to server 55ms       ingame my ping was around 68 to 70 ish ms  it was pure garbage my  hit dection was crap   and i was well behind everyone

1 hour ago, ugotstretched said:

Its crazy through the years my network has gotten better and better but my gaming experience has gotten worse.  I tried a nord vpn on black ops, maybe ill try it again with modern warfare

CoD Ghosts. Crappy old tv, crappy wifi , standard controller. NO BS deaths ever!

Also, I tried a VPN with Black Ops 4... literally about 5 - 10 matches with 0 kills. I was putting whole clips into peoples backs and nothing.

Btw i just wanted to point somthing out from watching battle nonsense  videos  about game 60 or 70hz ive been watching his vids for years

Im not going into that can of worms on the tickrate debate

I remeber reading that means the server updates at 16ms   

So for me i would think that a ping of 16 ms would be great

If the host has 8 ms he sends data to fast for server to keep up with it so you get to many packets sent so you have to drop  some

If the host has 25 ms ping to server then he sends data to slow and is behind a bit a you get missed packets

2 hours ago, kinel said:

Btw i just wanted to point somthing out from watching battle nonsense  videos  about game 60 or 70hz ive been watching his vids for years

Im not going into that can of worms on the tickrate debate

I remeber reading that means the server updates at 16ms   

So for me i would think that a ping of 16 ms would be great

If the host has 8 ms he sends data to fast for server to keep up with it so you get to many packets sent so you have to drop  some

If the host has 25 ms ping to server then he sends data to slow and is behind a bit a you get missed packets

Kinel you will never be able to turn of antilag completely unless you can turn off that function on the server since this won't change unless th'e head sheeps at activision and IW have a fire under their ass.

Which means that you will never have a consistent experience imo unless you make it so that the game compensates you too so you can have an edge (cripple your own connection)

Watch this video.  It explained a lot to me which brought me here.  Which helped me understand what I needed to do to fix that lag were you are 1/2 second behind. Or when you need to apply more bullets to take down targets thus having a higher then normal time to kill.

1 hour ago, kinel said:

I watched the video twice

I didnt see any explanation  how to fix when your a second behind  

He  only shows his settings 

With DD-WRT he prioritized 3074 specifically.  Something he didn't do with XR500, he simply left traffic prioritization at default. Which we know is not optimal.  With DD-WRT he used FQ_Codel specifically and also reduced his up/download speeds (as with xr500).  Now with DD-WRT he is getting a slight jump on other players. (IE: Those few examples were the other player shoots 1st but he still takes them out).  Now they are 1/2 second behind, "sort of speak".  Because they shoot 1st and die first.  I didn't see/notice that with XR500. @ 14:44 to 14:50 for example.

You really don't know you are 1/2 second behind unless you are in a fire fight with someone and you shoot 1st.  It's hard to see this when you are just running around.  So for me what I'm seeing is that with WW-DRT opponents are missing a lot of shots on him.  Which suggest to me they are seeing where he use to be.  Therefore, they are slightly behind him.

Something that I am not entirely clear on with DumaOS is it's use of CODEL, FQ_CODEL and NetDumaOS Proprietary method for bufferbloat. It's not stated which one is used between what platforms and to me that would explain a lot.  If we could know which platform uses what algo we could easily test to see which offers the most optimal gaming experience.  However, we are stuck at defaults for select a "device" in device manager: PC, PS4/Xbox, etc. 

You can read the post here:

The details of QoS is different on different platforms (we use fq-codel, codel and our own algo for bufferbloat). Kudos to David Taht for codel implementation btw. But remember that is only a 1/3 of our current QoS solution ;) Watch this space....

Apology for being vague.  I simply wanted to share how this venture started for me.  I'm still awaiting to hear back from @GHOST-1-EC to see if setting Anti-buffer bloat to "never" actually showed an drastic change in game play do to this info (now that we've set specific ports to prioritize). I ask because I'm on PC.  For the console it's a tad different. 

2 hours ago, East said:

With DD-WRT he prioritized 3074 specifically.  Something he didn't do with XR500, he simply left traffic prioritization at default. Which we know is not optimal.  With DD-WRT he used FQ_Codel specifically and also reduced his up/download speeds (as with xr500).  Now with DD-WRT he is getting a slight jump on other players. (IE: Those few examples were the other player shoots 1st but he still takes them out).  Now they are 1/2 second behind, "sort of speak".  Because they shoot 1st and die first.  I didn't see/notice that with XR500. @ 14:44 to 14:50 for example.

You really don't know you are 1/2 second behind unless you are in a fire fight with someone and you shoot 1st.  It's hard to see this when you are just running around.  So for me what I'm seeing is that with WW-DRT opponents are missing a lot of shots on him.  Which suggest to me they are seeing where he use to be.  Therefore, they are slightly behind him.

Something that I am not entirely clear on with DumaOS is it's use of CODEL, FQ_CODEL and NetDumaOS Proprietary method for bufferbloat. It's not stated which one is used between what platforms and to me that would explain a lot.  If we could know which platform uses what algo we could easily test to see which offers the most optimal gaming experience.  However, we are stuck at defaults for select a "device" in device manager: PC, PS4/Xbox, etc. 

You can read the post here:

Apology for being vague.  I simply wanted to share how this venture started for me.  I'm still awaiting to hear back from @GHOST-1-EC to see if setting Anti-buffer bloat to "never" actually showed an drastic change in game play do to this info (now that we've set specific ports to prioritize). I ask because I'm on PC.  For the console it's a tad different. 

You mean..

Disable anti Buffer bloat.. because WE dont know the Algorithmen? 

And reduce bandwitch via Qos (Share disabled i think) that would reduce the Buffer bloat too i think

And  then Port prio the needet Ports?

How about disable bufferbloat and QoS

And let the prio handle It by itself?

As far as i understand the Pakets are priorsized.. and will be First outgoing anyway 

There will be No lag as Long your Line isnt fully saturatet

3 hours ago, East said:

@East my apologies for the delay in reply.......just got home and finally got some time @ 01h30am to check up on messages........ yes i have bud and you are onto a brilliant train of thought. 

With Anti-Bufferbloat set to never and only leaving my existing manual rules i have created active, there are two easy take aways, 

1. Qos is still active as per the manual rules created - Traffic Prioritization light is on 👌

2. Huge improvement in Gameplay!!!!!!! 👏👏👏👏👏💯

I am able to finesse at will 😎

Great find east 

Im pretty sure that  fq codel  was in the original fw what i am currently using

In this firware you have two algorthyms 1st reactive  i think this uses fq codel if i remember  correctly 

2nd premp 

i remember  asking did the fw use this fq codel  and sombody telling me reactive used it but this was a few years ago

But cant remember  for sure  i could be wrong

But i remember a user here who told me about fq codel 

East could you please tell me this

Whats your ping to your dedi  

Then what does your ingame ping say it is

On console the game seems to add 16 ms delays  to your ping

Im just wandering if the delays the same for pc

Btw whats your experience  with turning off anti bufferbloat

Cheers

Can I ask why any of this port forward stuff is even needed?

is the idea of the Duma device so we as users didn’t have to fart ass around with all this crap.

is the Duma a device not serving my best interests as a customer.

should skilled users/devs be uploading there configs as profiles for others to use and share?

perhaps my expectations for this device is too high.

6 hours ago, blackfirehawk said:

You mean..

Disable anti Buffer bloat.. because WE dont know the Algorithmen? 

And reduce bandwitch via Qos (Share disabled i think) that would reduce the Buffer bloat too i think

And  then Port prio the needet Ports?

How about disable bufferbloat and QoS

And let the prio handle It by itself?

As far as i understand the Pakets are priorsized.. and will be First outgoing anyway 

There will be No lag as Long your Line isnt fully saturatet

I would say test using ABB set to never once you have set the necessary ports for traffic prioritization (using Upnp or Port Forward).  Without TP setup properly you won't notice any difference.  Well for me I didn't.  You do leave QOS alone though. 

Share bandwidth should be disable. @DMC_81 was/is absolutely correct about that (that's were I got that from). 

So yes, you need to figure out what ports need traffic prioritization.  From what I know Modern Warfare and Blackops 4 share similar port ranges. From 30000-45000 (using 3074-3075), and there is a range below 30000 but I don't know what they are for console (this is were Ghost-1-EC and Kinel can advise but there are more port ranges that you will need to add).  Remember to do Source port to Destination port then vise versa...Destination port to Source port.

Only set Anti-Buffer Bloat to never to test to see if you notice better game play.   And it won't help if you don't have the ports setup in Traffic Prioritization.

For me, turning ABB to never helped my game play a lot.  For some reason (using Device for PC) using ABB didn't help my game play at all.  However, I have no idea which of the 3 ABB algo's being used for PC.  So I have no idea which one to avoid nor which one to use (IE: PS, Xbox, etc).  But PC default isn't optimal for me.  If I left everything to default (as I did when I 1st got the router) I would be 1/2 second behind, shoot 1st die 1st and would have to camp in order to get positive k/d.  It took me a year to figure out why this was happening (all the tweaking to network adapter in win10 nor network tweaks within win10 didn't help at all btw).  Now I still love my XR450! The problems I described was no different then using the modem.  So this problem is not unique to this router.

GHOST-1-EC

No problem, it's understandable.  :)

In order to gain some incidental insight as to what's being used for algo on consoles I asked to set to never because one of 3 possibles.  1. No change at all 2. Improvement 3. Worst then before. And to be honest 1 and 3 would give us some idea if each device is set different. While 2 wouldn't say much at all. 

kinel

I haven't been paying that close attention to ping between what NetdumaOS says vs in game.  But I do recall for the most part they were similar.  IE: In game= 25, DumaOS= 23 or something like that.  But I have to pay more attention. But I never saw something that was that far out of wack from a cursory view. 

Because I'm no PC I have to set ABB to never.  That is the best way for me to game in MW.  I haven't tried other games yet though. 

As to my experience I provided it earlier in this post :).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

examplenew1.jpg

I will tell you one thing.  When you dial in those ports and get your XR router pumping on all cylinders you will know without a shadow of a doubt that you have good hit rego and one step above most other players.  You won't need to "keep checking DumaOS" and you can feel/sense the gameplay is much better. 

The only problem is that you will inevitably meet other players who never had problems to begin with and will present themselves as a challenge to you the better they are at the game, remember that.  However, when you win against them or loss against them you know it's a fair fight and don't feel/sense any dodgy behavior (which is usually the case).

I say usually because on PC we have to contend with "cheaters" from time to time.  I will spare the examples but the simple answer is to leave the match and rejoin to another within 30 seconds.

Edit:

I tried adding those lower ports number 3100-3500 to TP. I notice that I nearly instantly get into another match just as soon as the previous match ends.  There is no "searching".  I would say 95% of the time too.  However, the initial 1st match time is about the same though. 

@East

The key to my setup seeing positive changes is that i have used the various wire captures i have to identify the ports i want prioritised - hence my TP light always coming on once i boot BO4/MW. 

As for Anti BB, i also basically kinda never really used it to the extreme as my sliders were already set to 98%/98% (always). 

What i can see being a counter to Anti BB being set to 'never' would be the QOS flower allocating bandwith to each device.......with my console already having the necessary gaming packets prioritized over other traffic via the manual rules created and the bandwith spread being biased toward the console it serves the same purpose if not a better purpose than the Anti BB sliders as those sliders are not doing anything really for the console as far as the priority traffic is concerned - i understand that was not its purpose but it could have been interferring in some way (might be wrong but that is the effect i can see and feel from my gameplay) 

I will upload some gameplay over the weeknd when i get a chance to play some MW/BO4

ok i testet it.

Bufferbloat disabled

+QoS Enabled.. Shared disabled on upload + Download

+ Port Prio

indeet a very good gameplay !

seems like COD dosn´t like the Anti Bufferbloat algoritmn

if you Disable QoS the Paket Prio Dosn´t Work anymore

i have 5 devices.. and all devices to 20%

i have read somewhere COD likes equal numbers on download and upload.. 

i will test this now with 10mbit up and 10mbit down

9 minutes ago, blackfirehawk said:

ok i testet it.

Bufferbloat disabled

+QoS Enabled.. Shared disabled on upload + Download

+ Port Prio

indeet a very good gameplay !

seems like COD dosn´t like the Anti Bufferbloat algoritmn

if you Disable QoS the Paket Prio Dosn´t Work anymore

i have 5 devices.. and all devices to 20%

i have read somewhere COD likes equal numbers on download and upload.. 

i will test this now with 10mbit up and 10mbit down

best gameplay i ever had in cod!