trying to fix lagcomp expiriment

kinel

On 11/28/2019 at 8:53 PM, East said:

I would say test using ABB set to never once you have set the necessary ports for traffic prioritization (using Upnp or Port Forward).  Without TP setup properly you won't notice any difference.  Well for me I didn't.  You do leave QOS alone though. 

Share bandwidth should be disable. @DMC_81 was/is absolutely correct about that (that's were I got that from). 

So yes, you need to figure out what ports need traffic prioritization.  From what I know Modern Warfare and Blackops 4 share similar port ranges. From 30000-45000 (using 3074-3075), and there is a range below 30000 but I don't know what they are for console (this is were Ghost-1-EC and Kinel can advise but there are more port ranges that you will need to add).  Remember to do Source port to Destination port then vise versa...Destination port to Source port.

Only set Anti-Buffer Bloat to never to test to see if you notice better game play.   And it won't help if you don't have the ports setup in Traffic Prioritization.

For me, turning ABB to never helped my game play a lot.  For some reason (using Device for PC) using ABB didn't help my game play at all.  However, I have no idea which of the 3 ABB algo's being used for PC.  So I have no idea which one to avoid nor which one to use (IE: PS, Xbox, etc).  But PC default isn't optimal for me.  If I left everything to default (as I did when I 1st got the router) I would be 1/2 second behind, shoot 1st die 1st and would have to camp in order to get positive k/d.  It took me a year to figure out why this was happening (all the tweaking to network adapter in win10 nor network tweaks within win10 didn't help at all btw).  Now I still love my XR450! The problems I described was no different then using the modem.  So this problem is not unique to this router.

GHOST-1-EC

No problem, it's understandable.  :)

In order to gain some incidental insight as to what's being used for algo on consoles I asked to set to never because one of 3 possibles.  1. No change at all 2. Improvement 3. Worst then before. And to be honest 1 and 3 would give us some idea if each device is set different. While 2 wouldn't say much at all. 

kinel

I haven't been paying that close attention to ping between what NetdumaOS says vs in game.  But I do recall for the most part they were similar.  IE: In game= 25, DumaOS= 23 or something like that.  But I have to pay more attention. But I never saw something that was that far out of wack from a cursory view. 

Because I'm no PC I have to set ABB to never.  That is the best way for me to game in MW.  I haven't tried other games yet though. 

As to my experience I provided it earlier in this post :).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

examplenew1.jpg

I will tell you one thing.  When you dial in those ports and get your XR router pumping on all cylinders you will know without a shadow of a doubt that you have good hit rego and one step above most other players.  You won't need to "keep checking DumaOS" and you can feel/sense the gameplay is much better. 

The only problem is that you will inevitably meet other players who never had problems to begin with and will present themselves as a challenge to you the better they are at the game, remember that.  However, when you win against them or loss against them you know it's a fair fight and don't feel/sense any dodgy behavior (which is usually the case).

I say usually because on PC we have to contend with "cheaters" from time to time.  I will spare the examples but the simple answer is to leave the match and rejoin to another within 30 seconds.

Edit:

I tried adding those lower ports number 3100-3500 to TP. I notice that I nearly instantly get into another match just as soon as the previous match ends.  There is no "searching".  I would say 95% of the time too.  However, the initial 1st match time is about the same though. 

Just out of curiosity, I’m using OG R1 firmware (not DumaOS) and was wondering if any of this applies.......especially as far as the ports go? Considering OG doesn’t have ABB and seems to handle traffic differently, so didn’t know if Prioritization of ports would be necessary. I’m utilizing Hyper Traffic and just have the console selected but no customization. 

What are your thoughts?

Thanks, this is an awesome thread! 

Hi guys!! 

First of all I wish to all of you happy new year!!!

as everyone here I face problems with my game. I tried a lot of combinations and now I am on the point that on the most games I have good game experience but no at all. My setup is the modem/router of my ISP and the xr500 connected on that. All devices are connected on the xr500. I have one thought that I wan to test and I wonder if it make sense to do it or someone else already tried. I am thinking to connect all devices on the modem/router of my ISP and use the xr500 only with my PS4... what is your opinion about that? 

4 hours ago, Kostas83 said:

Hi guys!! 

First of all I wish to all of you happy new year!!!

as everyone here I face problems with my game. I tried a lot of combinations and now I am on the point that on the most games I have good game experience but no at all. My setup is the modem/router of my ISP and the xr500 connected on that. All devices are connected on the xr500. I have one thought that I wan to test and I wonder if it make sense to do it or someone else already tried. I am thinking to connect all devices on the modem/router of my ISP and use the xr500 only with my PS4... what is your opinion about that? 

It doesn't seems so a good idea. You can prior your game packets over other devices through your XR, but only if they are all connected to your XR500. If you connect other devices to your isp router, you lose this function plus the possibility to manage your bandwich ammount for each sistem.  XR500 can prioritize packets, ports, bandwich, etc, but only the ones which are mangeg by it. When this information arrives to your ISP router, if there are other divices connected to it, it will be mixed all in a ball, and no rules will be aplied in this ruter.

But you may lose nothing for giving a try. If you accomplish the challenge of 5 good games in a row during 3 days... congratulations! your setup is good for MW!