trying to fix lagcomp expiriment

kinel

3 hours ago, kinel said:

I fanally fixed my lag comp 

Using the ports i posted at the first page and listed everywhere in these forums

I now play on a dedi that gives  me a ping to the dedi  of 31ms 

If i play on my low 9ms ping im still a sec behind everyone

With my 31 ms ping i am not a second behind everyone

Here are the pirts i use 

Rule 1 source  3074 3074    destination  30000 45000 udp

rule 2 source 30000 45000 destination 3074 3074  udp

There are a few other things ive done  but i have always done these things so i know all my previous attempts were all the same settings

i always use ping plotter to make my ping as stable as possible i been doing ghis for a long time

Also i try toget my buffrer bloat to an A+

I set my antibuffer bloat settings to always

Because i am on  the dumar1 and i read if i set it to never it  turns off traffic priotization 

I think i coverd everything

I updated first page with details

I hope this might help someone

Congratulations man!!

You finally won a fight that I'm 12 years of my live losing. Hope this is will be the winning year, and I also hope you don't leave the forum now that you have achieved your goal. Your help is well appreciate here.

1 hour ago, Grafti said:

Congratulations man!!

You finally won a fight that I'm 12 years of my live losing. Hope this is will be the winning year, and I also hope you don't leave the forum now that you have achieved your goal. Your help is well appreciate here.

Ive been trying to fix it since mw3 whenever that was

Atm  even though my settings are great 

I trying to find another setup

What i was trying before i found this one

And i think im getting close to it

I used to play on the russian dedi with 55 ms to geo filter

And i was like a bullet sponge but my bullets were weak

Now with the new rules  my hit detection is better

i only played a few games today with my new setup 

60ms ping to geo filter

But what im noticing was

The players im playing against look like there  in slowmotion

Ive seen this in a few videos were it looks like the playing bots

In the few games i played thats how it felt like i ws playing bots

Thekoreansavage  in his footage i see the same kind of affect where it looks like it slowed down and playing bot

3 hours ago, kinel said:

Ive been trying to fix it since mw3 whenever that was

MW3... my worst online experience ever...

My condolences, bro

It was in this game when I was so hardly hit by lag-compensation fir the first time, and when I starteted a huge investigarion against it

1 hour ago, Grafti said:

MW3... my worst online experience ever...

My condolences, bro

It was in this game when I was so hardly hit by lag-compensation fir the first time, and when I starteted a huge investigarion against it

you on ps4 or or xbox bro

17 hours ago, kinel said:

I fanally fixed my lag comp 

Using the ports i posted at the first page and listed everywhere in these forums

I now play on a dedi that gives  me a ping to the dedi  of 31ms 

If i play on my low 9ms ping im still a sec behind everyone

With my 31 ms ping i am not a second behind everyone

Here are the pirts i use 

Rule 1 source  3074 3074    destination  30000 45000 udp

rule 2 source 30000 45000 destination 3074 3074  udp

There are a few other things ive done  but i have always done these things so i know all my previous attempts were all the same settings

i always use ping plotter to make my ping as stable as possible i been doing ghis for a long time

Also i try toget my buffrer bloat to an A+

I set my antibuffer bloat settings to always

Because i am on  the dumar1 and i read if i set it to never it  turns off traffic priotization 

I think i coverd everything

I updated first page with details

I hope this might help someone

Thanks for the tips. I tried your setup and it feel good but I noticed that the traffic prioritization light is not coming on? It’s that normal?

56 minutes ago, joel82 said:

Thanks for the tips. I tried your setup and it feel good but I noticed that the traffic prioritization light is not coming on? It’s that normal?

Reset your router after setting the prioritisation rules.

awesome thanks. would anyone have an suggestions on how to get open nat in game? for the longest time i was getting open nat and a few days ago it switch to moderate and i have no clue why? definitely having a harder time trying to get into matches.

9 minutes ago, joel82 said:

awesome thanks. would anyone have an suggestions on how to get open nat in game? for the longest time i was getting open nat and a few days ago it switch to moderate and i have no clue why? definitely having a harder time trying to get into matches.

In portfowarding  open port  3074 udp for you console or pc whatever you play on

That should give you an oqen nat

@kinel I fixed my geophilter. Now the problem is that it doesn’t find me any games further than Germany or Italy. May be is because I have moderate nat? I also think that playing on Xbox doesn’t help due to the poor number of users in Europe. Before you ask... Yes, I have the cross-play enabled

It also happens that I don’t know how to force a server. Yesterday the geophilter found a german and an italian server while searching for a game. I was continously clicking the italian one. In wich you think it connected me? Right... the german one 😡🤬🤬🤬

Ok this is how i force a server

Put game in console press x to where it says muliplayer  make sure  you are looking at  your geofilter 

Make sure auto ping is turned off

It should now on the map show every  matcmakinsever  from around the world

click on the  server and  name it  i call mine data so its easier to locate then  the n i ejest cd  then reload game and this this a few times

I do this a few times before i look for a game to it allows all the  matchmaking servers if you  dont it will struggle to find games

I hope i explained it correctly

19 hours ago, kinel said:

Ok this is how i force a server

Put game in console press x to where it says muliplayer  make sure  you are looking at  your geofilter 

Make sure auto ping is turned off

It should now on the map show every  matcmakinsever  from around the world

click on the  server and  name it  i call mine data so its easier to locate then  the n i ejest cd  then reload game and this this a few times

I do this a few times before i look for a game to it allows all the  matchmaking servers if you  dont it will struggle to find games

I hope i explained it correctly

@kinel I’m about to give up man. I’m seriously thinking that this netcode recognize players and makes them the game impossible

I haven’t had time to test your method of forcing a server yet, but yesterday morning I manage to play some games in Russia. The first game was a miracle. It was from a russian peer. I was a second ahead everyone in the lobby. Maybe my best game in this MW. I clicked “allow” on geophilter to this peer. The next game was not so brilliant, but still a good experience. Also from a russian peer. But the next game crapped totally. It was imposible to kill anybody. Insta-deqths everywere... enemys that I knew were they were killed be even I started to shot before they appear in screen... i had no choice but to leave this lobby. I ran into my geophilter to deny this peer, and here comes the surpreise: I WAS THE SAME PEER FROM THE FIRST GAME!!!. At this momment I wasn’t able to get a good game for the rest of the day. No matter if it was Russia, France, Germany.

At this point the frustration overcame me. Sincerelly, I don’t know what else to do at this point. It always happens the same, when I find a tweak/setting that works and I think that I FINALLY found a solution to my lag-com, the happiness only last for a one simple game. The next game the game is broken again. After this issue, I don’t know what else to do. I’ve tried everything!! Port prioritation? Geophilter? Antibufferbloat?? I also have changed my isp many times (not for the game, just other reasons) Nothing works! It’s hard to end a game with a positive k/d ratio, and I don’t beleive that my connection is so wrong in all lobbies I enter.
At this point I only believe that my account is in some kind of black list of activision that, no matter what I do, they make sure to me to have a bad experience.

14 hours ago, PUBzZz said:

@kinel So in your personal opinion do you think your getting a better experience out of using the DumaOS now rather than the R1 Original Firmware?  

The  only two things i lprefer on the oldr firware is these

It has the eeactive algorithm   i just loved it its not on the new firmware

And it has the network monitor  thst shows the ports the game uses

All the of stuff like geo filter qos dct are way way better on the newer firmware

On the older firmware you cannot ban servers permenant  only has a temp ban  

There are two many things better on the newer on the newer firmare 

So i would say i prefer the newer firmware  

I just really wished they were using the reactive  algorithm 

But im trying to find out to make it for myself

3 hours ago, Grafti said:

@kinel I’m about to give up man. I’m seriously thinking that this netcode recognize players and makes them the game impossible

I haven’t had time to test your method of forcing a server yet, but yesterday morning I manage to play some games in Russia. The first game was a miracle. It was from a russian peer. I was a second ahead everyone in the lobby. Maybe my best game in this MW. I clicked “allow” on geophilter to this peer. The next game was not so brilliant, but still a good experience. Also from a russian peer. But the next game crapped totally. It was imposible to kill anybody. Insta-deqths everywere... enemys that I knew were they were killed be even I started to shot before they appear in screen... i had no choice but to leave this lobby. I ran into my geophilter to deny this peer, and here comes the surpreise: I WAS THE SAME PEER FROM THE FIRST GAME!!!. At this momment I wasn’t able to get a good game for the rest of the day. No matter if it was Russia, France, Germany.

At this point the frustration overcame me. Sincerelly, I don’t know what else to do at this point. It always happens the same, when I find a tweak/setting that works and I think that I FINALLY found a solution to my lag-com, the happiness only last for a one simple game. The next game the game is broken again. After this issue, I don’t know what else to do. I’ve tried everything!! Port prioritation? Geophilter? Antibufferbloat?? I also have changed my isp many times (not for the game, just other reasons) Nothing works! It’s hard to end a game with a positive k/d ratio, and I don’t beleive that my connection is so wrong in all lobbies I enter.
At this point I only believe that my account is in some kind of black list of activision that, no matter what I do, they make sure to me to have a bad experience.

Listing , 

Its for me just the same , i play Some games perfect and after i go Hours negative , this happens becoz the sbmm , 

they want not that u go much positive , its just the matchmaking 

since today i have find something , when i play Free for all , i have this problems not , every match when i play my kd is positive and i win nearly all , finally i have enjoy for hours , here in free for all feels the sbmm  less strong , normal i play domination off hardpoint , 

when my matches free for all stay going positive and winning then i gonna play this every time 

only when a friend come online i go back near domination of hardpoint , 

59 minutes ago, kinel said:

The  only two things i lprefer on the oldr firware is these

It has the eeactive algorithm   i just loved it its not on the new firmware

And it has the network monitor  thst shows the ports the game uses

All the of stuff like geo filter qos dct are way way better on the newer firmware

On the older firmware you cannot ban servers permenant  only has a temp ban  

There are two many things better on the newer on the newer firmare 

So i would say i prefer the newer firmware  

I just really wished they were using the reactive  algorithm 

But im trying to find out to make it for myself

I have mixed feelings on OG vs DumaOS.  OG is less taxing on the R1's CPU which is important when dealing with QOS.   fq_codel gives a snappier and more consistent benefit than whatever the DumaOS is using.  The DumaOS traffic prioritization is better than Hypertraffic in the R1.    

I've spent a good amount of time on openwrt and dd-wrt forums and sub-forums reading how people go down a rabbit hole chasing a perfect connection yet never find it. Too many variables to account for.  

I've gotten good results form running my dd-wrt router and just using the duma for the geofilter.  I've gotten good results from running the R1 OG firmware and I've gotten good results from running the DumaOS when using TP but not using the CC.  Last test I'm going to do this week is give OpenWrt a try.  I flashed a router yesterday with it just gotta find the time to test. 

I saw a few people had said they liked using openwrt sqm cake/piece of cake for qos then use the duma for the geo filter.

Regardless all testing needs to be over a full week.  Too many people on here throwing info out after 1 day of testing. 

Als

1 hour ago, PUBzZz said:

I have mixed feelings on OG vs DumaOS.  OG is less taxing on the R1's CPU which is important when dealing with QOS.   fq_codel gives a snappier and more consistent benefit than whatever the DumaOS is using.  The DumaOS traffic prioritization is better than Hypertraffic in the R1.    

I've spent a good amount of time on openwrt and dd-wrt forums and sub-forums reading how people go down a rabbit hole chasing a perfect connection yet never find it. Too many variables to account for.  

I've gotten good results form running my dd-wrt router and just using the duma for the geofilter.  I've gotten good results from running the R1 OG firmware and I've gotten good results from running the DumaOS when using TP but not using the CC.  Last test I'm going to do this week is give OpenWrt a try.  I flashed a router yesterday with it just gotta find the time to test. 

I saw a few people had said they liked using openwrt sqm cake/piece of cake for qos then use the duma for the geo filter.

Regardless all testing needs to be over a full week.  Too many people on here throwing info out after 1 day of testing. 

Also try the fq  coldel  with open wrtas it has it

I seen a post from  iian a long time ago before firware was released saying the new firmware  will be using preemtive algorithm  on steraroids

hey @kinel thanks so much for all the info so far my game has been miles better but I'm still just trying to refine it that last little bit, I'm using an xr300 with dumaOS, using the rules as stated in op and share excess on upload only (saw someone recommend it in this thread). Are you still running ABB or not? And which server are you forcing? (I've been using Spanish dedis so far, but it seems less effective these past couple days). I'm from Sheffield, but I'd imagine that copying your settings for the most part should benefit me minus a few tweaks. Thanks pal :P

Edit: and also are you allocating any bandwidth to your console? if so how much? just wanna make a couple router configs to test is all

Just a fyi   at the moment i am experimenting with a programme called netem thanks to progprogprog

For telling me about it

Im using it with my openwrt router

I am conected to my local dedi that gives me a 9ms ping 

Then i use my netem to add delay 

Ive had some of my best gameplays using this technique

Why i am telling you all this  i seen a post from a member here to iian from ages ago

It was a thread where you could ask admins quetions

And i remeber reading sombody asking for this to be added to the dumaros  and im pretty sure iian said they were already looking into installing it

What this means is you could use the geo filter to connect to you lowest ping  dedi  and make sure you always connect to it

Then you add the delay  if you want to if you dont want to you dont have to use it

So hopefully soon you guys may get it in the future update

Unless i read the post wrongly

3 minutes ago, kinel said:

Just a fyi   at the moment i am experimenting with a programme called netem thanks to progprogprog

For telling me about it

Im using it with my openwrt router

I am conected to my local dedi that gives me a 9ms ping 

Then i use my netem to add delay 

Ive had some of my best gameplays using this technique

Why i am telling you all this  i seen a post from a member here to iian from ages ago

It was a thread where you could ask admins quetions

And i remeber reading sombody asking for this to be added to the dumaros  and im pretty sure iian said they were already looking into installing it

What this means is you could use the geo filter to connect to you lowest ping  dedi  and make sure you always connect to it

Then you add the delay  if you want to if you dont want to you dont have to use it

So hopefully soon you guys may get it in the future update

Unless i read the post wrongly

oh right i see i think i remember it being mentioned by you earlier in the thread. sounds awesome would be a good addition it seems. I'll perhaps have to look into that.

14 minutes ago, Squizz said:

hey @kinel thanks so much for all the info so far my game has been miles better but I'm still just trying to refine it that last little bit, I'm using an xr300 with dumaOS, using the rules as stated in op and share excess on upload only (saw someone recommend it in this thread). Are you still running ABB or not? And which server are you forcing? (I've been using Spanish dedis so far, but it seems less effective these past couple days). I'm from Sheffield, but I'd imagine that copying your settings for the most part should benefit me minus a few tweaks. Thanks pal :P

Edit: and also are you allocating any bandwidth to your console? if so how much? just wanna make a couple router configs to test is all

I have ABB set to Always as i read that turning it off on dumar1  disables the traffic priotization

Share acsess i have it ticked\enabled on both upload and download

My cc are set to 70\70 where i get no soikes on ping plotter and an A+ on buffer bloat

Also i  am running a second router to try and emulate the reactive algorth from og firmware 

I als was connected to spanish dedis a but  now its hard to find a dedi there it always peer 

So this is  why  i changed  how i search 

Hopefully k  coverd everything you asked maybe try he italy dedi just west hat was giving me a 31 ms ping and great gameplay to same as spain but it also has a lot of peers too

9 minutes ago, Squizz said:

oh right i see i think i remember it being mentioned by you earlier in the thread. sounds awesome would be a good addition it seems. I'll perhaps have to look into that.

I only discover about it in the past week or two

but its only in the last few days i been using it but i been very buisy so i havent had that mutch time  to experiment like i normally have

15 minutes ago, kinel said:

I have ABB set to Always as i read that turning it off on dumar1  disables the traffic priotization

My cc are set to 70\70 where i get no soikes on ping plotter and an A+ on buffer bloat

Also i  am running a second router to try and emulate the reactive algorth from og firmware 

I als was connected to spanish dedis a but  now its hard to find a dedi there it always peer 

Hopefully k  coverd everything you asked maybe try he italy dedi just west hat was giving me a 31 ms ping and great gameplay to same as spain but it also has a lot of peers too

Thanks pal you're a star, will give those a whirl and see what happens cos the Spain dedis have gone to shit for me.

4 hours ago, kinel said:

I am very close to this settings. The only thing that I have different is that I use The DumaOS classified games for priority. I used in the past the settings with ports priority but my game very often it was terrible! Now my game is very good! I play with the mp5 on hardcore and the enemy’s are dead with the second bullet!! But I have to say something. I realized that when you do changes on this parameters there is a point that the router go crazy! I suggest that if you want to make any changes FIRST you must a reset on the router! Also I have all the settings for media share disabled. And one last thing. I saw on YouTube that someone suggest to put on the flower for QoS for PS4 the bandwidth 1,08 mbps download and upload. I played few games and I watch from network monitor that actually the PS4 use 500kbps maximum when I play so I did a reset, set it up all from the beginning and set 1,08 mbps for PS4. I can say that me connection is very stable and better gameplay experience. Now I am thinking 🤔 to do again a reset and set manual the ports for priority but I am afraid that I will make worst my gameplay... maybe it’s better to follow that... never change the winning team!!