ANNOUNCEMENT: The Future of DumaOS: Version 3.0

Netduma Luke

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, AnnonymouS said:

a bunch of BS.............Guys. the company is not what it use to be. 9 out 10 you will get a good connection with out Duma. 

Is there something you would have liked to see or hear that we didn't mention? If you're having issues with the router just make a new topic and we'll be glad to help.

16 minutes ago, jb68 said:

Will you be making an iOS app. Wouldn’t mind having an option on the fly to turn off anti buffer-bloat and that quickly 

Use chrome as your browser login to DumaOS. Top right of chrome click on the three dots.

Scroll down to Desktop Site and make a tick in the box.

Zoom the screen with a two fingered swipe if you need a closer zoom.

1 hour ago, jb68 said:

Will you be making an iOS app. Wouldn’t mind having an option on the fly to turn off anti buffer-bloat and that quickly 

Yes we're developing an app for iOS and Android. The app is in a functional state but it's not quite ready for release yet.

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, dizzeespellz said:

Any news on release for 3.0?

No public news yet, if you were in the insiders you would have seen some further teasers but we'll keep everyone posted. We're not putting any deadlines out there for news or releases.

Will u guys don't forget about XR700 users for the DumaOs 3.0 ?

And will the DumaOs 3.0 update come together for all routers ? 

I really hope so.

4 minutes ago, Mobel said:

Will u guys don't forget about XR700 users for the DumaOs 3.0 ?

And will the DumaOs 3.0 update come together for all routers ? 

I really hope so.

The goal is for the update to come to all of our routers.

We have no plans to discontinue support for any DumaOS routers.

It's just that we don't want to promise an update until it's 100% confirmed with Netgear.

If this sticks to the historical data we already know they will sell out from under all of us and go with yet another hardware we will then have to buy. How about this guy? How about gettign the cloud IDs nailed down and make sure that geofilter works NOW instead of putting it off for 3.0? Tolerances stack. You're just, yet again, adding more features before bullet-proofing ones you have. If there are users here that really need all of those features you want to add I assure you they are using way better networking equipment and WAPs for Wi-fi anything else is ignorance. Maybe that's the game now since you seem to easily overlook the continuance of issues/errors with your OS now internally. Has Netduma gone into the business of selling hardware to ignorant masses no care of actual usefulness of features? a la Netgear and the R7000 rebadged as XR500 and still screwed up. 

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT=SCAPEGOAT 3.0  prove me wrong

Geo-Filter updates are separate from firmware updates, so we're certainly not putting those off until 3.0.

We have never made any moves that force anybody to buy new hardware. We are still supporting every piece of hardware we've ever supported. We haven't yet dropped support for a product.

On 11/1/2019 at 11:24 AM, Netduma Alex said:

It's just that we don't want to promise an update until it's 100% confirmed with Netgear.

Does this mean the R1 will never get the firmware until Netgear does, like DumaOS itself?  I thought the benefit of the R1 was that it would be able to get things first because you did NOT have to wait for the red tape with other vendors (like Google Nexus devices get the new Android before any third party).  Or is that part of the Netgear deal that they get first dibs?

7 hours ago, fatal0Efx said:

Does this mean the R1 will never get the firmware until Netgear does, like DumaOS itself?  I thought the benefit of the R1 was that it would be able to get things first because you did NOT have to wait for the red tape with other vendors (like Google Nexus devices get the new Android before any third party).  Or is that part of the Netgear deal that they get first dibs?

No not at all. We have our own in-house testing for our software, and when that's done we send it on to Netgear so they can do their testing and then release it.

The R1's firmware will not require Netgear to test the software as they are not involved, so I imagine that 3.0 will come to the R1 before other routers. I can't make any promises or predictions though.

I would think the R1 would get the update first. Then to follow the XR series Netgear routers. It will be very interesting to see how long the transition takes from R1 to any of the XR series routers that Netgear controls. The mystery is will the XR series see all the new features, some of the new features, or none of the features.. Im very curious on that. and also curious to see the time frame that is expected out of this. Like how much priority will Netgear give this.. 

Zippy.

On 11/8/2019 at 10:55 PM, Zippy said:

I would think the R1 would get the update first. Then to follow the XR series Netgear routers. It will be very interesting to see how long the transition takes from R1 to any of the XR series routers that Netgear controls. The mystery is will the XR series see all the new features, some of the new features, or none of the features.. Im very curious on that. and also curious to see the time frame that is expected out of this. Like how much priority will Netgear give this.. 

Zippy.

That's what I was hoping.  It's just the way it was said seems to suggest they're not even willing to release it to the R1 community (or promise an update at least) until Netgear first signs off on it, which concerns me as if Netgear is somehow going to dictate when this comes out even on the R1.  That's what I was looking for clarification on.

On 11/16/2019 at 11:38 PM, fatal0Efx said:

That's what I was hoping.  It's just the way it was said seems to suggest they're not even willing to release it to the R1 community (or promise an update at least) until Netgear first signs off on it, which concerns me as if Netgear is somehow going to dictate when this comes out even on the R1.  That's what I was looking for clarification on.

Our commitment to the R1 community won't be affected by Netgear.

On 11/16/2019 at 5:38 PM, fatal0Efx said:

I think Alex's response should have cleared that up for you!  So imo that means the R1 should get the new features first before any of the XR series Netgear routers see them.. Because even when Netduma is done testing this in there own in house its handed off to Netgear. Then they do there own in house testing. And that can take sometime. Specially if they run into issues.. Honestly if you have an R1 I feel your sitting better off then anyone with any XR Netgear router. Not to mention your in away better spot from just a customer service stand point.. You don't have to run between Netduma and Netgear.. 👍

Zippy.

• 2 weeks later...