ANNOUNCEMENT: The Future of DumaOS: Version 3.0

Netduma Luke

1 hour ago, Netduma Alex said:

Is this required in order for it to work with your broadband provider?

Yes. And for this reason I have to use a separate router for Logging into PPPoE using Username/ password/ service name, and then to Netduma router using DHCP. 

1 hour ago, Netduma Alex said:

Maybe. We might be able to do this in future, but it would be a major overhaul to Hybrid-VPN. It won't be in DumaOS 3.0.

Thanks for the clarification. 

1 hour ago, dpk_ydv said:

Yes. And for this reason I have to use a separate router for Logging into PPPoE using Username/ password/ service name, and then to Netduma router using DHCP. 

I've never heard of that before, I'll ask the devs to look into it.

18 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

I've never heard of that before, I'll ask the devs to look into it.

Actually it's a feature in almost all the routers, but is either under advanced settings, or is marked as optional. Even while setting up a PPPoE dialer on a PC, there is an option for service name. 

On 10/5/2019 at 3:28 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I would say the refinements will fix most of the issues, whether or not Netgear decide to take on all of the features but lets face it - why wouldn't they?!  So although it's the longer method of patching bugs it should be more sustainable in the future and produce less bugs hopefully. Totally understand if you're too fedup by it, that why we brought out the insider program to try and be more transparent with what we're up to.

Hi Fraser,

As someone who has recently bought an XR300, I am really disappointed as the latest firmware is a big mess. Huge (if not the biggest selling point of DumaOS powered routers) router features like High Priority gaming traffic detection are completely broken at the moment as you have seen from the posts in the netgear support section. Is there Going to be a real effort into really resolving these issues before the DumaOS 3.0 release comes out? As my XR300 right now is completely useless without the high priority traffic detection working, I would really appreciate an honest answer on the reality of the matter as I can still return my newly bought XR300 and get my money back. 

• Administrators

I honestly couldn't say whether there will be another firmware release prior to 3.0. I've let the team know about that issue today so if they confirm it then it depends, they may be able to get a hotfix out for that. Give it until end of next week until I've heard about replication of the issue and I'll have a better idea of what will happen.

6 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I honestly couldn't say whether there will be another firmware release prior to 3.0. I've let the team know about that issue today so if they confirm it then it depends, they may be able to get a hotfix out for that. Give it until end of next week until I've heard about replication of the issue and I'll have a better idea of what will happen.

Thanks Fraser, that would be great. Please do let us know if you have any news on that one. 

• Administrators
On 1/5/2020 at 12:06 AM, acoop133 said:

Out of curiosity, is there a plan to allow people to create their own R-Apps and distribute it?

We have toyed with the idea, if we did allow something like that then it wouldn't be for awhile as we still have a lot of ideas for features we want to include ourselves.

I really need the update i have alot of problems with my xr500 i had a r7000 igot this xr500 gave my friend the r7000 and i end up getting another r7000 and i installed dd wrt and puff problem solve ok i play alot of nba 2k20.divition 2 and games like this, every tme i get on a server to play pvp with divition it lag the shit out of the game unplayable in 2k i lag in every park game every rec or pro am and when i dont i cant never green a shot because its a delay on the game that all happen with the xr500and yes i reset the xr,with qos on or off, i turn everything off even firewall and no good still the same i upgrade it the frontier fios new outside modem and 500/up 500/d and still the same i got a sx10 switch same the only time it worked good it was when i put the ps4 on vlan but that only works sometimes and when it stops working i have to reset the router to factory again so i got a r7000 installed dd wrt and puff no more problems plz fix this problem i payed 300 dollars for this 250 for the switch and now 150 for another router to fix a problem that shouldnt be there and the xr500 is the firstone that came out same date that they was out i got it because i bolive in ur advetisment and nothing from the advertisment its true the way i see it

21 minutes ago, Jayd150 said:

I really need the update i have alot of problems with my xr500 i had a r7000 igot this xr500 gave my friend the r7000 and i end up getting another r7000 and i installed dd wrt and puff problem solve ok i play alot of nba 2k20.divition 2 and games like this, every tme i get on a server to play pvp with divition it lag the shit out of the game unplayable in 2k i lag in every park game every rec or pro am and when i dont i cant never green a shot because its a delay on the game that all happen with the xr500and yes i reset the xr,with qos on or off, i turn everything off even firewall and no good still the same i upgrade it the frontier fios new outside modem and 500/up 500/d and still the same i got a sx10 switch same the only time it worked good it was when i put the ps4 on vlan but that only works sometimes and when it stops working i have to reset the router to factory again so i got a r7000 installed dd wrt and puff no more problems plz fix this problem i payed 300 dollars for this 250 for the switch and now 150 for another router to fix a problem that shouldnt be there and the xr500 is the firstone that came out same date that they was out i got it because i bolive in ur advetisment and nothing from the advertisment its true the way i see it

I understand the problems, but some punctuation and pauses would not be bad 😅

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, Jayd150 said:

Make a new topic regarding your issues, with some more specifics e.g. what ping you're getting and also what QoS/Geo-Filter settings you're using and we can help out.

On 1/9/2020 at 3:55 PM, Netduma Alex said:

I think we'll have stuff to announce soon, nothing right now though.

You guys been teasing the new featues at CES you made a video of them when you gonna upload it🙂

@Netduma Team

I think u guys should at least give us the video teaser of DumaOS 3.0 that is running on the left monitor when u look from minute 21:22 u see that it is a whole video of DumaOs 3.0.

To everybody that's talking about bugs in this thread: i've removed your posts. If you want to know the status of specific bugs, i'd appreciate it if you posted in the correct section of the forum, for example the DumaOS on Netgear Nighthawk section. I appreciate that it may feel like we aren't listening, but we have received the message, we read all of your posts, and we are committed to fixing any bugs that come up.

Being rude and arguing with people won't get the bugs fixed any faster.

3.0 will contain many bug fixes alongside the new features. It's the culmination of many months of work for us. We want to get it to users ASAP, but we also know that users will be very disappointed if it's full of bugs, which is why we're giving plenty of time to testing.

On 1/19/2020 at 2:29 AM, acoop133 said:

You prompt me to go fishing for it haha, i think i found it :P

Well done! Inspector Google strikes again...

On 1/19/2020 at 3:33 AM, Tripper said:

I found this aswell😮

INITIATE DEEP SCREENSHOT ANALYSIS

21 hours ago, Mobel said:

@Netduma Team

I think u guys should at least give us the video teaser of DumaOS 3.0 that is running on the left monitor when u look from minute 21:22 u see that it is a whole video of DumaOs 3.0.

We made that trailer to show off at CES, and I think we will release it publicly in the run up to the 3.0 release. We don't want to show off the trailer until 3.0 is almost ready, because we don't want people to get excited and then have to wait to try out our new features.

@Netduma Alex Why not that's what a trailer/teaser video is about, to get excited about what is coming and to get a idea as well what to expect.

We gonna have to wait anyway for 3.0.

As my understanding from the video DumaOs 3.0 is coming for the XR700 as well ?

7 minutes ago, Mobel said:

@Netduma Alex Why not that's what a trailer/teaser video is about, to get excited about what is coming and to get a idea as well what to expect.

We gonna have to wait anyway for 3.0.

We're going to enter the closed beta phase VERY soon, so I think we'll release the trailer once that's done.

7 minutes ago, Mobel said:

As my understanding from the video DumaOs 3.0 is coming for the XR700 as well ?

That's the plan! 😃

34 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

Being rude and arguing with people won't get the bugs fixed any faster.

I personally don't think anything I was saying was rude, nor was I arguing, nor asking for bugs to be fixed faster. I'm not intending for it to come across that way, as much as it annoys me you're censoring a forum.

I was simply asking for more communication than just the standard response everyone seems to be getting lately. IMO that's not adequate when we have no real timeline nor confirmation on issues. Surely you must have an internal tool you're using to keep track of issues that have been fixed/reported?
It's fair enough that you don't want to allude to users major features of upcoming software. That's understandable. But not being able to tell us if x bug has been fixed as one of the many y bugs fixed in z version of upcoming software? That just seems like a general lack of desire to communicate properly to your users if you ask me, or some other reason I'm not aware of because, again, it hasn't been told to us.

I appreciate that it may feel like we aren't listening, but we have received the message, we read all of your posts, and we are committed to fixing any bugs that come up.

There's no read receipts on forum posts. I don't know what you do and don't see, and while I can appreciate, again, where you guys stand, you have to appreciate that as a prosumer paying what IS a premium for a product marketed at my segment, I need something more than ISP-level responses from a hardware vendor that packs this much supposed featureset into a package. Anyone can say they've read and acknowledged a post, but for the end user that's not justified until they either know a fix for their issue is upcoming, or has been fixed.

We want to get it to users ASAP, but we also know that users will be very disappointed if it's full of bugs, which is why we're giving plenty of time to testing.

Perhaps one way to achieve this is to enable better communication of your DumaOS insiders testing upcoming releases. Short of yourselves acknowledging it, it's the only way I personally see more adequate communication between your customers and yourselves getting anywhere positive.

At the end of the day, I don't think it's too much to ask for you to tell someone who's having x problem that, yes, it's been fixed in an upcoming release or, no we weren't aware of that but here's something to show your issue is worth more to us than my response to you on this forum. Users will cry and complain all they want if a fix for an issue they have is available but inaccessible to them yet (i.e as part of an upcoming patch) but they don't have a leg to stand on when you, rightfully, are testing your software to be as stable as possible OR if that fix is confirmed by someone testing said software, i.e an Insider.

Just my input.