Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

DumaOS - Development Update

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
182 replies to this topic

Od1n

Od1n

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Local time: 03:21 PM

POPULAR

Just going to say we won't be answering any questions that could give anything away but very interesting listening to your theories so far :)

2615692-post-33707-nothing-to-see-here-g

(everything basically confirmed guys!)

Yam Yam

Yam Yam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Local time: 01:21 PM
  • LocationThe Black Country

Man, It's like a step up to 'Next Gen'  :)    (not that I dislike the current version)

With all the extra functions & information, I like how easy & neat it still looks.

I can't wait till you serve it up Iain & shut the trolls up that have been popping up recently claiming to  'teach you things you don't know'  :lol:

Well done for taking the time to perfect everything, none of the early adopters are bothered about the delay, features are nothing without stability so take your time B)

[list][*]PSN: Mikee_Dredd[*][size=4][font='trebuchet ms']

A7Legit

A7Legit

#DatHitDetection

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts
  • Local time: 11:21 PM
  • LocationAustralia

Hey man, sorry to hear about GF. IF any issues let Fraser know and we will look into it. Unfortunately can't answer your other questions as we're keeping it on the downlow for future hype!

No issues, it's to do with InfiniteWarfare, turning it off hasn't hindered the experience, it's all good.

You know me, fishing for info as they say lol

MikeTHIS

MikeTHIS

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Local time: 09:21 AM
  • LocationLong Island, NY
Very exciting news!

Looking forward to the beta.

Parkrrr

Parkrrr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Local time: 08:21 AM
  • LocationEast Coast, North America
Good stuff guys! Can't wait.
Twitter.com/Parkrrr_ --- Xbox One: Parkrrr

(Games I'm playing; Black Ops 3 and Fallout 4)

Sir_smooch

Sir_smooch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Local time: 02:21 PM
  • LocationLancashire, NW England

POPULAR

Nice one Duma guys :)

Thoroughly enjoyed reading everyones posts as well, nice thread on the whole, enjoy all the hype and speculation and waiting to see what materializes at the end of it all :)

Happy gaming one and all ho ho ho ;P 

maazsk97

maazsk97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Local time: 01:21 PM

Its ok take as much time as you want. The current version is still superior with unique features that no other routers have. I don't know how they can make this thing even more amazing but we will have to wait for DumaOS to see that :)

Red

Red

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

The long awaited anti-jitter is finally here, thank you Iain!

zSmbVQT.png

HFKing

HFKing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Local time: 06:21 AM
  • LocationLos Angeles, California
Lol. Everyone wants to know all the goodies and presents in the DumaOs. But that's so awesome Duma Apps. I over it. Just love the gui. NetDuma literally Duma ahead of the others in the race, everyone still behind. Looking forward to this upgrade.

SM961

SM961

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationUS - CA

Hahaha, I see my feedback in the System Info. Sweeet !!!

17064580.png30181363.png

XmasTeaTowel

XmasTeaTowel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Local time: 11:21 PM
  • LocationBrisbane AU
Well is see Desktop... So either renamed Dashboard, or perhaps a desktop style widget/icon for direct duma access?
Also I see DumaOS {name} . If I can now name my Duma, I shall call it Xmas LagBot.
Apps?... Hmmm... Also notifications top right :)

AsNCo

AsNCo

Clubhouse Member

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Local time: 09:21 PM
  • LocationSingapore

I don't know why but I am starting to feel like this version of Netduma can be bought and used on our own (probably MikroTik) routers.

Think about it. Why call it Duma OS? The clue is the word, 'OS'. Specifically promoting the router's custom firmware without actually hyping it up for potential new customers by promoting the current router that it will be on. Instead, by saying that it will be free for all Netduma R1 owners, feel more like giving free firmware upgrades for your phone prior to releasing it on the other potential hardware.

2nd clue: Board Name and Board Model. As far as we know, the current router is the only router for the Netduma. Therefore, there is no need for us to know what router we are on since we get our support directly from them. This might just be a 'future-proof' thing since they might release a new Hardware in the future but at the same time, it could also signify the Duma OS being on other routers as well. It could go either way.

3rd clue: The shopping icon seems to be the stone that tips the balance of this in favour of it being a purchasable custom firmware for multiple compatible routers. The page might contain compatible routers purchasable directly from Netduma themselves.
Or even a licensing page to show that we've purchased and have a valid key to use the full features of the Duma OS on our own higher end (still probably Mikrotik) routers. Or else, we've be stuck with a 1 day trial of the firmware perhaps? Or basically, you'll be getting a free bare-bones Duma OS and then you can purchase the apps that you need over time thus giving more accessibility to more customers since it will be much more affordable upfront with the apps that they want and then they can additionally buy more apps in the future to make it even better and more relevant in the future?

For all I know, I am completely way off from what they are planning. Or.. my hunch or idea could be a reality in the future.
Remember that the great driver of scientific innovation and technological innovation has been the historic increase in connectivity. In our ability to reach and exchange ideas with other people. And to see the connections from multiple small hunches and ideas. And then to borrow other people's hunches and combine them with our hunches and turn them into something new. That has been, what I believe, to be the primary engine of creativity and innovation in the last 600 to 700 years.

kizvandutch

kizvandutch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

i would like to test out the beta!

WolvPro

WolvPro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts
  • Local time: 08:21 AM

Hello! Just got my NetDuma How can I get involved in the Beta?

BOLDSHOTER

BOLDSHOTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Local time: 07:21 AM
  • LocationClovis New Mexico USA

i would like to test out the beta!

only the Canaries the first few that purchased the router when it first came out only beta test the firmware updates for a good month until official launch but middle February we all can test the firmware for some anyways that apply for it they will select a few for the last beta test before launch

Hello! Just got my NetDuma How can I get involved in the Beta?

only the Canaries the first few that purchased the router when it first came out only beta test the firmware updates for a good month until official launch but middle February we all can test the firmware for some anyways that apply for it they will select a few for the last beta test before launch

BOLDSHOTER

BOLDSHOTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Local time: 07:21 AM
  • LocationClovis New Mexico USA

all can actually test the beta for the open beta in mid February to re clarify 

Od1n

Od1n

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Local time: 03:21 PM

I don't know why but I am starting to feel like this version of Netduma can be bought and used on our own (probably MikroTik) routers.

yeah i thought about that too but there are also huge points against it which make me feel like they wont do that

- its a huge mess to handle support when your OS runs on all kinds of routers, even if you limit the compatible devices by a selected few

- theres either no or no good hardware/chip that properly secures your OS from being re-engineered or dumped for free illegal downloads if you allow the OS to run on lots of routers

- OS needs to be optimized for all kinds of hardware which means you would need to lab-test all of the compatible devices to ensure its running as promised

my guess is that the shopping cart is for apps/features you can purchase for the netduma

the OS is free but the apps do cost, say

- 9,99€ for anti-jitter

- 19,99€ for anti-spike

pretty sure the starting apps such as the two above are free but upcoming apps might cost then, that way you can sell the netduma router with the base OS for relatively cheap money

tidemaquina

tidemaquina

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Hello Devs,

i wanted to make a suggestion. NetDuma is a Gaming Router, the most important stuff you need to improve are Gaming Options. Period.

- Host/Geo Filtering - Needs a big revamp, we should be able easily add/remove from a Friends List. Once you APPROVE a geo location it is supposed to 100% clear filter connection, nowdays that doesnt happen, its a pain to clear a user, the GREE/RED Bar is really bad, its a year 2000 style. The opposite also needs a easy method to have a Block List. 

- Host/Geo Filtering - Map - Its awfull to navigate and choose the best circle. You should make an easier to zoom with mouse map, with COUNTRY SELECTION, we should be able to pick by country specially for European users, that im betting are the ones that need more Netduma with all close rountings close.

- Host/Geo Filtering - Visual - New connected hosts should blink on show details on a list, and others that are connected more than 1 min should not blink for example, so we can understand who is what.

- Host/Geo Filtering - Visual - Change every layout aspect, starting the Map, its almost not usefull to navigate, also focus on country lists like i said above. THIS IS THE MAIN FEATURE ONE THIS ROUTER, get a really wonderful to use GUI. 

- Host/Geo Filtering - Mobile App - We should be able to change filters, countrys or ratius like said before, using an App, easily direct from App not having to use 192.168. browser would be fantastic.

This is your main Feature on Netduma, you should focus on this. Netduma is GAMING

- VPN - Needs more Options

Focus on needed gaming features, get new advanced options, its 2016 there are alot more to do. Things like Memory Info on this Screenshot, are the least we care. Trust me, go big on Gaming, Ram usage etc we dont care, no one buys a Netduma to check for memory ram usage lol

Good Things to see:: R-Apps

Making features as modules is perfect, i dont want tasks to be running on my router that i dont need i delete them.

sidestep6

sidestep6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Looks like in the future we will be downloading apps from here to add functionally and not incremental FW updates, great idea :)

that might explain why the shopping cart icon is still there, sounded like in the last teaser screenshot that it wasn't supposed to be there

Homie

Homie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

So, just by looking at the picture looks like we will be able to add/remove/install apps. Does that mean we can build and share apps or it's pretty much NetDuma apps only?

Overall, looks really nice. But, the look does not make it great, so I cannot wait to try it out and see what the bad boy can do ... Keep up the good work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users