DumaOS - Development Update

Netduma Iain

j'aimerai que vous sorter cette mise a jour avant !! es possible?? 

Euh...

J'aimerai bien que tu m'expliques ta phrase car c'est extrêmement déplacé et écrire en FRANCAIS serait un minimum pour une question de traduction.

Merci.

From what I read, a fix hasn't been released yet and the bug was recently discovered Novemberish of 2016. Here are the full details http://m.theregister.co.uk/2016/12/03/intel_puma_chipset_firmware_fix/

I am telling you that the N version is what replaced the K version that had the issues, trust me I know what I am talking about.

The N version even removed the reboot and reset buttons in the GUI.

No more ping/latency since they updated my modem

• 3 weeks later...

I am telling you that the N version is what replaced the K version that had the issues, trust me I know what I am talking about.

The N version even removed the reboot and reset buttons in the GUI.

No more ping/latency since they updated my modem

The reason the reboot and reset buttons were removed was due to a security bug in almost ALL Arris modems which allowed someone to remotely reboot/reset your modem just by going to a website and in some cases kick your offline completely until your ISP reactivated your modem. The easy fix was to just remove these options completely from the modem's pages.

https://www.securityforrealpeople.com/2016/04/arris-motorola-surfboard-modem.html

As for the SB6190... You still have problems with it. You might not know it, but if you test I guarantee you'll have the same problems I had with my SB6141 because it's a hardware issue and no amount of software patches will fix it.

The reason the reboot and reset buttons were removed was due to a security bug in almost ALL Arris modems which allowed someone to remotely reboot/reset your modem just by going to a website and in some cases kick your offline completely until your ISP reactivated your modem. The easy fix was to just remove these options completely from the modem's pages.

https://www.securityforrealpeople.com/2016/04/arris-motorola-surfboard-modem.html

As for the SB6190... You still have problems with it. You might not know it, but if you test I guarantee you'll have the same problems I had with my SB6141 because it's a hardware issue and no amount of software patches will fix it.

Yea no problems here with the 6190 since N version.

I tested the different versions with pingplotter.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to know if we'll be getting any extra security features? I'm ready to be able to block certain ports from bogging down my connectivity. I've been running my netduma behind another router to help but I'd much rather have a way to block the ports that are a security risk just though my netduma and put my other router into AP/Bridge mode...

• Netduma Staff

I'd like to know if we'll be getting any extra security features? I'm ready to be able to block certain ports from bogging down my connectivity. I've been running my netduma behind another router to help but I'd much rather have a way to block the ports that are a security risk just though my netduma and put my other router into AP/Bridge mode...

Hey, welcome to the forum. We'll be rolling out extra security and content filtering features after we launch DumaOS - since the framework of the new software allows us to develop features so quickly, we'll be able to add features like port-blocking really easily. Thank you for the suggestion.

Fed up with 1.03.6 bugs that have no perma fix no matter what. Smh.

Have you tried starting a support thread in the relevant section? If not please try that. I have been running the latest version with no bugs at all. Whilst everybody has a different set up etc asking for help in the help section would probably be the best course of action to start with

Have you tried starting a support thread in the relevant section? If not please try that. I have been running the latest version with no bugs at all. Whilst everybody has a different set up etc asking for help in the help section would probably be the best course of action to start with

There is no point in support if the problem shows up again. The router changes up its settings even with cookies enabled. The os is bugged as hell. You and the rest of the moderators can promote this product as much as you want but it has been bad. Some features don't even work without a manual fix on this router *vpn. The router system has promise. Its useful.

What bugs me the most are broken promises when it comes to release dates and support for games. Your supposed to be professional with your work. I don't care if you have to write up the code from the start. If you can't support your words with actions then don't post them. All I can say is that I wish I knew then what I know now so I wouldn't waste 200$ and hope that the new OS isn't as broken as this one.

There is no point in support if the problem shows up again. The router changes up its settings even with cookies enabled. The os is bugged as hell. You and the rest of the moderators can promote this product as much as you want but it has been bad. Some features don't even work without a manual fix on this router *vpn. The router system has promise. Its useful.

What bugs me the most are broken promises when it comes to release dates and support for games. Your supposed to be professional with your work. I don't care if you have to write up the code from the start. If you can't support your words with actions then don't post them. All I can say is that I wish I knew then what I know now so I wouldn't waste 200$ and hope that the new OS isn't as broken as this one.

Really you need to open a new thread so we can all try to help you. I'll admit the existing firmware has minor bugs but nothing that can't be over come..

first i do not work for the company im just here to stop dick heads being arseholes really., Im not promoting nothing so you can wind your neck in  there, Believe me if there was a problem, id let the boys know,.

The os is not bugged as hell, if you have a problem with a particular issue maybe try starting a thread in the support section like most normal people believe it or not you are not mr amazeballs individual, youre really not. you are ..................... hmmmm

first i do not work for the company im just here to stop dick heads being arseholes really., Im not promoting nothing so you can wind your neck in  there, Believe me if there was a problem, id the boys know,.

aThe os us not bugged as hell, if you have a problem with a particular issue maybe try starting a thresd in thje support section like most normal people believe it or not yopu are not mr amazebalols individual, youre really not. you are ..................... hmmmm

If this how you moderate, then maybe you shouldn't be one.  You are suppose to deescalate the situation and not make it worse.

I do not work for Netduma. Been an owner since day 1 of release. I have no problems with my router. Must be the user, not the router or the software. If you actually have a problem and would like support then make a support thread here and we can hold your hand like the 4 year old you're acting like and teach you how to use a router and all the things you're doing wrong.

If this how you moderate, then maybe you shouldn't be one.  You are suppose to deescalate the situation and not make it worse.

Based on his typing he's probably drunk/high on meds at the moment... But I do agree with him.

I do not work for Netduma. Been an owner since day 1 of release. I have no problems with my router. Must be the user, not the router or the software. If you actually have a problem and would like support then make a support thread here and we can hold your hand like the 4 year old you're acting like and teach you how to use a router and all the things you're doing wrong.

Based on his typing he's probably drunk/high on meds at the moment... But I do agree with him.

I'm not saying he is wrong, there are just better ways to go about making your point.