DumaOS - Development Update

Netduma Iain

Yeah cod IW is exactly like that. I mean the better your internet the better the game works but even other cods weren't this bad. I heard supposedly it's the same netcode from ghosts but there's no way. Even on my connection with jitter I still go off on that game but with IW I get the same effect as your speaking of so I don't nkw what the hell they did with this game to be honest. People blame boost jumps are the cause for weird hit detection but I'm not really buying it.

I tried to just forget about the update but man now that its near, I just want to upgrade my router so bad and try out the new features.

I recently moved back to Los Angeles and my Arris SB6190 is sitting on 24 download channels, very nice I would say and plays very well with Netduma.

I tried to just forget about the update but man now that its near, I just want to upgrade my router so bad and try out the new features.

I recently moved back to Los Angeles and my Arris SB6190 is sitting on 24 download channels, very nice I would say and plays very well with Netduma.

I had the same modem until I read this thread, just giving you the heads up

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/19334-intels-puma-6-chipset-suffers-from-latency-jitter-fix-soon/

Tbh I don't think modems utilize the 24 channels unless the ISP allows for it. So basically your limited to whatever they say your gonna get lol. I'm assuming obviously the higher your speeds the more channels needed.

I had the same modem until I read this thread, just giving you the heads up

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/19334-intels-puma-6-chipset-suffers-from-latency-jitter-fix-soon/

My modem was updated to the new firmware 9.1.93N months ago, that fixed any ping or latency issues.

Tbh I don't think modems utilize the 24 channels unless the ISP allows for it. So basically your limited to whatever they say your gonna get lol. I'm assuming obviously the higher your speeds the more channels needed.

My modem status page shows its locked onto 24 download and 4 upload channels.

Where when I lived in the high desert it was locked onto 18 download channels with the same ISP for both locations.

Arris SB6190 is capable of locking onto 32 download channels.

TWC now Spectrum only offers 100mb and 300mb now but my other place in the high desert is grandfathered in with 200mb $40/mo flat

I got the 100mb $40/mo flat in Los Angeles but seem to be only getting 50mb down and 10 up right now so Im gonna be calling them back this week.

Over the years, I have experienced a few issues with my setup.  Wifi would consistently slow or stop working.  I had to reboot the router in order to resolve.  I solved this by disabling the Netduma wifi and using an access point.  My network still gets slow at infrequent times (wired and wireless) and is resolved by rebooting the Netduma.

I am NOT stating this is a Netduma issue.  It could be something with my setup, modem, etc. 

I know that many of us have previously requested an auto/schedule reboot function/option to be added to the Netduma software.  I think that this would be a great feature for this new software.  Example 1,  schedule the Netduma to reboot at a specified time(s) each day.  Example 2 - Netduma software detects problem, issue, etc and auto reboots.

I think having the netduma detect a problem or error and then reeboting would be an awful idea. Can you imagine how many times it could possibly just reset itself over small annoying things. Not saying anything against the router just doesn't sound practical. I like the idea of the time reboot but the thing is if your using upnp it might wipe all those ports out and make things annoying. This is why we just needed a DMZ to begin with for those who want one lol.

My modem was updated to the new firmware 9.1.93N months ago, that fixed any ping or latency issues.

My modem status page shows its locked onto 24 download and 4 upload channels.

Where when I lived in the high desert it was locked onto 18 download channels with the same ISP for both locations.

Arris SB6190 is capable of locking onto 32 download channels.

TWC now Spectrum only offers 100mb and 300mb now but my other place in the high desert is grandfathered in with 200mb $40/mo flat

I got the 100mb $40/mo flat in Los Angeles but seem to be only getting 50mb down and 10 up right now so Im gonna be calling them back this week.

From what I read, a fix hasn't been released yet and the bug was recently discovered Novemberish of 2016. Here are the full details http://m.theregister.co.uk/2016/12/03/intel_puma_chipset_firmware_fix/