MW2 Shoot First Die first? how to fix this?

ownal0t

16 minutes ago, alex.devine said:

No Problem at all :)

No DMZ and UPNP is on.

Happy to have a chat with you this evening to help duplicate my setup, step by step if you want?

I think you did say you are from the UK? I am in the UK as well!

ill give it a lash after work later.#

if i have any struggles ill shoot you a dm . 

Thank you

2 hours ago, alex.devine said:

QOS - 70% on each slider, and Congestion always on.

Traffic Prio - I have switched off the Classified Games and added my console only.

Turn off Cross play, I am on the PS5.

I dont mess around with ports, I personally think it is a waste of time.

Using a VPN from Express, location is Germany Nuremberg.

The minute my ping goes back to the normal 30ish I am lucky to get 5-10 kills, I do this method and I have in the range of 35-50 kills per game and maybe 1-2 poor games for the evening. I get shoot first and kill first, its amazing :)

I think what is happening, I am closing down the player range to a small amount.

Happy to help and answer anything else, fire away and I will do my best to help. I know how frustrating this can be. :)

What kind of lobbies are you getting with this set up? Any way to improve the shoot first, die first would be helpful.

I don’t use VPN but I’ve tried UK, France and Spain servers and I’m getting destroyed by the SBMM lobbies with all the wanna be COD pros regardless of the server and I’m dead before I can even ADS most of the time.

2 hours ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

What kind of lobbies are you getting with this set up? Any way to improve the shoot first, die first would be helpful.

I don’t use VPN but I’ve tried UK, France and Spain servers and I’m getting destroyed by the SBMM lobbies with all the wanna be COD pros regardless of the server and I’m dead before I can even ADS most of the time.

This is what happens to me every time, I dont see myself as a low skilled player, average, lets say :P

I am getting very good lobbies, very fair and the points are always within a few each on objective play. Never do I get shoot first, die first unless I have just been outplayed or killing by a camper in the corner with a mine HAHA.

I have my Geo over Italy and Spain using poly selection. I then use my VPN with Germany config. (Ping of 70 works flawless, italy) when connecting to the Spanish side 50 ping games are not perfect but still always finish on a positive with multiple VTOLs.

I will upload some footage shortly, crazy how settings can change things up. I am on gig broadband and get punished like hell when not setting up correctly.

I not remotely bothered about trying to beat the SBMM, I just want a fair game and this is working for the first time.

This is my opinion and shouldn't be considered factually accurate. What works for you might not work for me and vice versa.

From what I can gather the goal is to trick CoD into thinking your connection is bad and thus giving you advantage. I wonder how the system determines if you require connection based assistance or disadvantage.

We have three servers in South Africa of which two are in Cape town and one in Johannesburg. Pings ranging from 4ms-22ms depending on which server I play

I tried changing the MTU, throttling the speed and using a VPN but it made no consistent difference. It really does feel like some players "insta melt" you or they simply absorb full mags of damage.

I don't personally think there is much we can do client side to gain a advantage when the server determines/manipulates the outcome of gunfights.

5 hours ago, alex.devine said:

QOS - 70% on each slider, and Congestion always on.

Traffic Prio - I have switched off the Classified Games and added my console only.

Turn off Cross play, I am on the PS5.

I dont mess around with ports, I personally think it is a waste of time.

Using a VPN from Express, location is Germany Nuremberg.

The minute my ping goes back to the normal 30ish I am lucky to get 5-10 kills, I do this method and I have in the range of 35-50 kills per game and maybe 1-2 poor games for the evening. I get shoot first and kill first, its amazing :)

I think what is happening, I am closing down the player range to a small amount.

Happy to help and answer anything else, fire away and I will do my best to help. I know how frustrating this can be. :)

I can’t connect to the cod servers if I use Germany as my vpn location, how are you doing it? 😊

1 hour ago, Killerelite06 said:

This is my opinion and shouldn't be considered factually accurate. What works for you might not work for me and vice versa.

From what I can gather the goal is to trick CoD into thinking your connection is bad and thus giving you advantage. I wonder how the system determines if you require connection based assistance or disadvantage.

We have three servers in South Africa of which two are in Cape town and one in Johannesburg. Pings ranging from 4ms-22ms depending on which server I play

I tried changing the MTU, throttling the speed and using a VPN but it made no consistent difference. It really does feel like some players "insta melt" you or they simply absorb full mags of damage.

I don't personally think there is much we can do client side to gain a advantage when the server determines/manipulates the outcome of gunfights.

^This^

The best games I've played were when I throttled my speeds to 1up  & 1 down. The XR1000 doesn't have the option to throttle just 1 connection.

5 hours ago, DUMA BOLTON said:

I can’t connect to the cod servers if I use Germany as my vpn location, how are you doing it? 😊

There is some sort of bug with my XR500, you need to set it to Do not VPN these services, go into game and check the network tab, it should show the location of the VPN.

Another bug I notice is if you make changes to the VPN, you need to switch it off and back on. (I do not add ports to the advanced on the VPN).

Do a FULL restart on the PS5, it will not find games until you have restarted, I get the cant find a game until I have done that.

7 hours ago, alex.devine said:

There is some sort of bug with my XR500, you need to set it to Do not VPN these services, go into game and check the network tab, it should show the location of the VPN.

Another bug I notice is if you make changes to the VPN, you need to switch it off and back on. (I do not add ports to the advanced on the VPN).

Do a FULL restart on the PS5, it will not find games until you have restarted, I get the cant find a game until I have done that.

Managed to sort it, had to change my Xbox to a laptop in the device tab.

can you provide your settings so I can copy them and give them a try? 😊

On 11/1/2022 at 9:06 AM, alex.devine said:

I have been testing ping, I have played a lot of games lately with a ping of 20-35 and I get the same issues.

Now if I set my Geo filter away from my location and get a ping of 50, the games play perfect and very fair + ALL games are very close and even.

Dont know why, it just plays perfect and I will keep it like that.

Do you mean ingame ping of 50ms or ping showed on dumar os as 50ms cheers

this Topic BLEW UP.

ok this is only a 1 day sample size but i  lowered  my  QOS using the Auto setup and placed it on always, gave my  laptop a 55%  connection , and  placed my  polygon in the middle of  america (im a nyer)  with this  done, im able to finally shoot back and  get fair fights.  i dont get insta melted as much.  however  playing in cali servers (70 ping+) is still not fun.   you need to be between like 30-50 ping it seems like

qos.png

map.png

image.png

I haven't changed any of my settings but have noticed the game for me personally slightly improved yesterday and today it felt like a normal cod where my bullets actually registered instead of getting instantly melted the moment people appeared on my screen. Up until now I couldn't kill a single person head on, I'd get instantly melted. Coming from a 3+ KD nearly every cod to this barely going positive every match something definitely was messed up with the networking

So maybe play some games with your normal settings see if it has improved before making tweaks and thinking the new settings did something

7 hours ago, johnnytran said:

I haven't changed any of my settings but have noticed the game for me personally slightly improved yesterday and today it felt like a normal cod where my bullets actually registered instead of getting instantly melted the moment people appeared on my screen. Up until now I couldn't kill a single person head on, I'd get instantly melted. Coming from a 3+ KD nearly every cod to this barely going positive every match something definitely was messed up with the networking

So maybe play some games with your normal settings see if it has improved before making tweaks and thinking the new settings did something

i played while at work ( better ping then when im home funny enough)  and was getting joked last night. when i got home i tried forcing it to rhe mid west and i was battling people  for once .

it was a day and night difference.  

On 11/4/2022 at 7:07 AM, kinel said:

Why 750  

Ive never heard any onr e recomend 750 before

The lowets i  ever tried in the past was  1320 around

This was a few years ago

From my experience  with trying  diffrent mtu values

It only seems to work correctly if you  do it on one ot the devices  when i tried a few years ago

I will be testing  this out later today on ps5

IF ANYBODYS INTRESTED TRY THIS

I just discover  some new ports that cod mw2 are using 

And it using alot of data from my testing it actualky looks like its the  main port from my testing

It using 5 in these ranges so far inbetween these ranges0000 to 65000  destination 80  to 80 tcp

Ive set my rule up like this so fsar this how i would set it up

Rule 1Source 1 to 65535 detination 80 to 80 tcp only

rule 2  ource 3074 to 3074 destination 35000 to 50000 udp only

These are the ports that are the mainly used i

m shocked  the game is now using tcp 80

I have tested on PS4 and Traffic Prio in the R2 only using your Rule 2 Source 3074 to 3074 / Destination 35000 to 50000 UDP only, and can say MWII plays a lot better for me. The Rule 1 only activates when I turn on the PS4, but does not turn on in game. 

13 hours ago, ownal0t said:

i played while at work ( better ping then when im home funny enough)  and was getting joked last night. when i got home i tried forcing it to rhe mid west and i was battling people  for once .

it was a day and night difference.  

That makes sense. You guys in the US & Europe are lucky as you have more than 1 server location to try connect to. In Australia there's only one and unfortunately I'm in the same state as it pinging it <10ms.. 

I was watching a video from xclusiveace playing on 60 ping and his game looked very responsive, great bullet reg on players, could get shot at & get into cover etc. I think that is the sweet spot from what I have bee reading over the years

Anyway, for my console I have prioritised the usual source 3074 destination 30000-65535 UDP only for gaming packets. Wireless type is set to normal (default) (WAN). I'll test it out again today & if it's not as good as yesterday, I'll follow some of the suggestions in this thread and report back

Hi All,

Sorry for my delay, I have been very busy with business.

Here are my screenshots, there are some very strange things that happen with this game right when logging in which I will detail below.

I do not mess around with ports or anything like that, I use very basic settings and always have a Mod Nat in game.

I am using Express VPN - GERMANY - NUREMBERG with the Open VPN config.

On CC - I have disabled DumaOS and added my console. (See screenshot)

GEO - I have recently changed over to Spain, using this location and VPN from Germany, I am pinging 70ish in-game, perfect gameplay for me, there are 1-2 games that are not the best but still always in a positive K/D and top 2.

Here are a few settings which I find break my VPN settings if I do not change them.

Devices - Change your device type to console, I am on PS5 and it sets it to Playstation, this gives me issues with the VPN if I do not change it to Game Console, I dont know why.

I will post some footage as soon as I upload them to YT HAHA.

If I have forgotten anything I will update the post.

CC.png

GEO.png

VPN.png

Screenshot 2022-11-14 at 10.14.37.png

I've tried something today different on PS5 after reading another post I firstly (1)disabled Network Priorties in netduma r2 (2) then change MTU to 1472 PS5 (3) Then circled UK map 0 ping assist and strict mode...... And I was amazed how MW2 played for the first time in along time I was getting the upper hand in most games, hit marker were bang on and plenty of killstreaks up....Still had the odd game where my shots weren't registering at there best but I found myself staying in games to the end without shouting at the TV to much and leaving games. 😘

On 11/11/2022 at 1:15 PM, alex.devine said:

Ingame ping of 70ish.

Lol thabks  i just seen ths answer  after i just posted the  same question on another thread sorry    cheera for the answer 

19 hours ago, Theheadski said:

I've tried something today different on PS5 after reading another post I firstly (1)disabled Network Priorties in netduma r2 (2) then change MTU to 1472 PS5 (3) Then circled UK map 0 ping assist and strict mode...... And I was amazed how MW2 played for the first time in along time I was getting the upper hand in most games, hit marker were bang on and plenty of killstreaks up....Still had the odd game where my shots weren't registering at there best but I found myself staying in games to the end without shouting at the TV to much and leaving games. 😘

what do you mean by point 1 ? disabled network properties ?

do you change the MTU on the r2 aswell as the ps5 ?

5 hours ago, philo3391 said:

what do you mean by point 1 ? disabled network properties ?

do you change the MTU on the r2 aswell as the 

sorry congestion control disabled....and only changed the MTU on PS5.....trouble is today even with these setting I've had a horrible time on MW2...ive even changed back to my original settings and still no joy....make me think the game decides when you will get a good game and not your connection...As NetDuma is not really giving me any better connection with or without it...must be the game that's adjusting the game play. I'm stumped?

hi,

after reading this topic i dicided to change my netduma R1 MTU for 750.

and this was the best thing i did, now i feel like the gunfight is smoother than before, my shots are registering in time...

for the first time in years im playing against players and not connection....