MW2 Shoot First Die first? how to fix this?

ownal0t

• Administrators
13 hours ago, Kfetish said:

You’re right I did have access. After installing and factory resetting when I go to ping heatmap I get the error “uncaught typeerror: cannot read properties of undefined (reading onready)

Please post in that section as it's an issue for Early Access - if access is restricted, mentions about it should also be restricted to that section

So just an update fwiw. The game for me recently has been the opposite of what most ppl are reporting. For me the game has ran better than ever. I’m not saying I don’t have a match or two where I’m like WTF, but my overall experience has been positive. My router settings are pretty much the total opposite of what I was using prior to get good hit reg. So after a factory reset I now have upnp enabled, both upload and download share access are ticked, no rules in traffic prio, duma classified games and work from home are both off. No ports forwarded, nothing in dmz. My congestion control sliders are both set to 70 and always. My particular setup may differ from others. I use an asus router for my home and the r2 for my pc and ps5. The best part about these pretty much default settings is that the game runs the same whether I play solo or with friends. With my prior settings it was godly at times solo but almost unplayable when I’d join up with friends. I hope this can help others. Especially since quite a few ppl are saying it’s been worse for them lately. 

I have a feeling a lot of in game experience in MW2/WZ2 just comes down to the server you’re connected to and how hard SBMM has kicked in. I’ll have games where it feels crisp and playing against poor players, then games where I feel like I’m shooting marshmallows and everyone is a CDL pro wannabe. I haven’t found any settings that improve this other than avoiding UK/France servers as much as possible.

In general, when playing solo I definitely get a better experience on Spain/Italy servers, but it can take a while to find games when playing with friends.

The game is really bad for me too. Instant deaths, sometimes I don't even see my enemies (except kill cams).

The only way to be positive is use geo filter to find 50-80ms games. Unfortunately in my location they are not easy to find.

Looks like devs did something to make it more suitable for Xmas players. Anything they're doing is to boost sales not to improve gaming experience.

On 12/29/2022 at 10:14 PM, Jackal235 said:

The game is really bad for me too. Instant deaths, sometimes I don't even see my enemies (except kill cams).

The only way to be positive is use geo filter to find 50-80ms games. Unfortunately in my location they are not easy to find.

Looks like devs did something to make it more suitable for Xmas players. Anything they're doing is to boost sales not to improve gaming experience.

Jackal when you say  50-80ms  ping is that ingame ping or   ping on dumar showing50- 80ms

Hows the game plsying for you now

Im still searching

9 hours ago, kinel said:

Jackal when you say  50-80ms  ping is that ingame ping or   ping on dumar showing50- 80ms

Hows the game plsying for you now

Im still searching

Usually I'm looking at in-game ping, so that's what I meant. My router shows only 10ms less on average.

In addition I took some settings from Kfetish's post (above), which seem to help. 

"Factory reset, upnp enabled, no rules in traffic prio, duma classified games and work from home are both off. No ports forwarded, nothing in dmz. My congestion control sliders are both set to 70 and always".

On 1/3/2023 at 11:21 PM, Jackal235 said:

Usually I'm looking at in-game ping, so that's what I meant. My router shows only 10ms less on average.

In addition I took some settings from Kfetish's post (above), which seem to help. 

"Factory reset, upnp enabled, no rules in traffic prio, duma classified games and work from home are both off. No ports forwarded, nothing in dmz. My congestion control sliders are both set to 70 and always".

Thanks

8 hours ago, Kfetish said:

Does anyone know when lag compensation is determined? Is it when you launch the game or in the pre game lobby? Just curious. 

Such  information would be confidential, only known to developers and Activision bosses. There is a reason why they never show pings of other players.

I'm sure that the determination of lag comp. must take place in the lobby, before the game and it can be adjusted later, especially when new player joins it in the middle. I've seen hundreds of times how the game changes me from hero to zero within seconds. There is also jitter involved since the pings can jump up and down.

Despite that, it seems, they're also using some kind of skill compensation, basically giving time advantage to players with lower stats. 

The idea besides all of it to target and satisfy most common customers.

On 1/10/2023 at 4:59 PM, Kfetish said:

Does anyone know when lag compensation is determined? Is it when you launch the game or in the pre game lobby? Just curious. 

Thats the million dollar question  and  still searching for  the answer to that  

Interesting. I’ll keep digging and attempting to crack this code that is COD. It’s honestly infuriating to have to do all these things just to get a fair shake during gun fights. Smh. Lately it’s been back to WTF, head scratching moments for me. 

On 1/11/2023 at 1:34 AM, Jackal235 said:

Such  information would be confidential, only known to developers and Activision bosses. There is a reason why they never show pings of other players.

I'm sure that the determination of lag comp. must take place in the lobby, before the game and it can be adjusted later, especially when new player joins it in the middle. I've seen hundreds of times how the game changes me from hero to zero within seconds. There is also jitter involved since the pings can jump up and down.

Despite that, it seems, they're also using some kind of skill compensation, basically giving time advantage to players with lower stats. 

The idea besides all of it to target and satisfy most common customers.

By the way on pc you can see every ones ping in the lobby  only on pc not on console

Its shown on the scoreboard  shows everybodys  ping in ms

When i play mw2 i usually have 16ms ping, i have 2 kd ratio, the conexion is ok.

However when i play wz2 always die first, 50/60 ms in the match but i shot 1st and die 1st too . 
i dont know why , in the pre lobby everything looks good but when the match starts all enemies looks like sponges .

On 11/1/2022 at 10:30 AM, johnnytran said:

Exactly my experience. No matter what I've changed in the router settings I can't seem to get fluid gameplay/good hit reg. Above 3kd in most cods but I'm almost always last in this, I'm lucky to get a kill if I shoot someone from behind it's that bad. It really sucks cause the R2 gave me  great connection in MW19.. I feel like there's some dodgy shit going on with the connection in MW22 just have to wait it out until they tweak something that works for your connection

this cod is the most rigged cod theres ever been; youve probably been nerfed by the game, to lose my gun fights, its not that well known; but activision uses a number of gameplay manipulations to keep (as they say) the player engaged; thier aim is to make everyone 1KD, its more than sbmm these days, is basically a fixed game...delete it, you cant beet the game with better networking!

• 2 weeks later...

I am always intrigued to try new settings on the router to see if it does improve my gaming experience, however i have witnessed first hand how lower skilled players receive advantages during a gunfight. SBMM is the main topic of conversation when it comes to handicapping players, but SBHR (Skill based Hit Reg) is a whole other thing and i have yet to see any proof that this does NOT exist in the game.

1 hour ago, Tommo1987 said:

I am always intrigued to try new settings on the router to see if it does improve my gaming experience, however i have witnessed first hand how lower skilled players receive advantages during a gunfight. SBMM is the main topic of conversation when it comes to handicapping players, but SBHR (Skill based Hit Reg) is a whole other thing and i have yet to see any proof that this does NOT exist in the game.

TrueGameData and Xclusive Ace have both done videos on this dispelling the myth…obviously this doesn’t stop the community insisting that it’s a thing rather that plain old basic shit netcode.

On 1/25/2023 at 2:25 AM, K0NSPIRACY said:

TrueGameData and Xclusive Ace have both done videos on this dispelling the myth…obviously this doesn’t stop the community insisting that it’s a thing rather that plain old basic shit netcode.

Did they do the testing using different accounts? I feel like if this was a thing, it would be applied onto a user's profile so it would be easy to not have it apply to the youtubers/streamers so they can't complain about or test for it

1 hour ago, johnnytran said:

Did they do the testing using different accounts? I feel like if this was a thing, it would be applied onto a user's profile so it would be easy to not have it apply to the youtubers/streamers so they can't complain about or test for it

Yes. They used different accounts with clear different KDs to see if SBMM made any difference…and it didn’t. Your last statement is just buying in to this ridiculous and unsubstantiated conspiracy theory.

3 hours ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

Yes. They used different accounts with clear different KDs to see if SBMM made any difference…and it didn’t. Your last statement is just buying in to this ridiculous and unsubstantiated conspiracy theory.

I'll put my issues down to how the game handles the connections in the match then. I rarely have a good connection, despite pinging the servers 5-6ms according to the r2. Wish I knew why I never have a good connection and some people always have god mode despite having similar ping..

6 hours ago, johnnytran said:

I'll put my issues down to how the game handles the connections in the match then. I rarely have a good connection, despite pinging the servers 5-6ms according to the r2. Wish I knew why I never have a good connection and some people always have god mode despite having similar ping..

If you have a ping that low then I would recommend using geo filter to force servers further away. The game plays better for me if I’m on 50-70ms ping. Ping is not king in this game due to matchmaking prioritising SBMM/EOMM meaning you get players from further away being sucked in to your lobbies and subsequent lag compensation.

1 hour ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

If you have a ping that low then I would recommend using geo filter to force servers further away. The game plays better for me if I’m on 50-70ms ping. Ping is not king in this game due to matchmaking prioritising SBMM/EOMM meaning you get players from further away being sucked in to your lobbies and subsequent lag compensation.

50-70 in game or according to ping heatmap? 

1 hour ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

I game. The Italy/Spain servers are about 35ms from my location in UK on heatmap.

It’s weird because I have found the servers that are between 30-40 ms on the heatmap give me the best connection, but my ping in game reads the same. Perhaps I should try higher ping lobbies one more time. Can’t hurt. Thank you for the info. 

4 hours ago, Kfetish said:

It’s weird because I have found the servers that are between 30-40 ms on the heatmap give me the best connection, but my ping in game reads the same. Perhaps I should try higher ping lobbies one more time. Can’t hurt. Thank you for the info. 

Those servers are 30-40ms for me, and are 50-70ms in game.

Why do you bother looking for solutions on a game that will in no way allow you to be efficient!

Personally I play VG at the moment and it's great!

I will upgrade to MW2 the day they release a new COD and so on.

I've been doing this since BO4 and my gaming sessions are mostly enjoyable!