Jump to content

MW2 Shoot First Die first? how to fix this?


ownal0t
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Hydros85 said:

can't set mtu on console? enough on the router? is there no difference?

I dont understand what you saying here, but I changed the mtu on duma menu.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The results are amazing....went from 3 to 4 kills to double digit kills.im beginning to enjoy the game finally.

My settings.

Geo filter: Polygon Mode drew a square around the dedicated server around my location.

Filter mode : On 

Ping assist 0

QoS: Congestion set to never

Bandwidth allocation for ps5 I used 1mb download and 0.33 upload. 

Turned off WiFi,( because I'm hardwired)

Turned off Upnp 

Then I reserved my PS5 IP address.

 

Just a short clip of the bullet hit registration is crips feels like am playing on a LAN tournament, never experienced it this good before.

 

PXL_20221129_194328809.jpg

PXL_20221129_214536971.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kinel said:

@seye

Is that on your r1  or r2 router  

 Also did you say you turned off cc  

 What do you have traffic priortization set too  

 Thanks

R2 router 

I tried both on and off, but while is on I have better ping a+ and ping underload a+ results when testing the network.

For traffic prioritization I used the call of duty default preset on the drop down list.

My latency was normally from 90 to 100 above it was unplayable, but now it's between 32 & 38 doesn't go above that. It's a night and day experience.

Also reduce the MTU I used 750.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/30/2022 at 12:06 AM, Seye said:

The results are amazing....went from 3 to 4 kills to double digit kills.im beginning to enjoy the game finally.

My settings.

Geo filter: Polygon Mode drew a square around the dedicated server around my location.

Filter mode : On 

Ping assist 0

QoS: Congestion set to never

Bandwidth allocation for ps5 I used 1mb download and 0.33 upload. 

Turned off WiFi,( because I'm hardwired)

Turned off Upnp 

Then I reserved my PS5 IP address.

 

Just a short clip of the bullet hit registration is crips feels like am playing on a LAN tournament, never experienced it this good before.

 

PXL_20221129_194328809.jpg

PXL_20221129_214536971.jpg

Hi ! 
when you say you reserved ps5 ip adress, you speak about dhcp lease ? And you dont put dmz on ps5 ? 
and for bandwitch, do you untick share connection ? Thks !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, HaBlo0 said:

Hi ! 
when you say you reserved ps5 ip adress, you speak about dhcp lease ? And you dont put dmz on ps5 ? 
and for bandwitch, do you untick share connection ? Thks !

Yes, I didn't use DMZ. I unticked share connection.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/29/2022 at 11:06 PM, Seye said:

The results are amazing....went from 3 to 4 kills to double digit kills.im beginning to enjoy the game finally.

My settings.

Geo filter: Polygon Mode drew a square around the dedicated server around my location.

Filter mode : On 

Ping assist 0

QoS: Congestion set to never

Bandwidth allocation for ps5 I used 1mb download and 0.33 upload. 

Turned off WiFi,( because I'm hardwired)

Turned off Upnp 

Then I reserved my PS5 IP address.

 

Just a short clip of the bullet hit registration is crips feels like am playing on a LAN tournament, never experienced it this good before.

 

PXL_20221129_194328809.jpg

PXL_20221129_214536971.jpg

Where are you based and what are your normal down and up speeds?

I’m based in UK with 74/18 playing on XSX, and these settings didn’t make any improvements…in fact, it felt worse in game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

Where are you based and what are your normal down and up speeds?

I’m based in UK with 74/18 playing on XSX, and these settings didn’t make any improvements…in fact, it felt worse in game.

I'm in London I play on PS5.......Could be the fact that I have opted for the DPI testing, have your Mac address of your router set to Netduma team.

My download is set to 1mb upload is 0.33, my package plan is 17mb on sky internet where I moved into fibre is currently been installed for now I'm stuck with broadband. Can't complain don't have issues gaming with it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

For those wondering about DPI, as long as you have an R2 and you're on version 3.2.453 or newer, just resync your cloud manually from the three-line menu in Device Manager and you'll get the new DPI update. Give it a test and let us know how it goes!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

For those wondering about DPI, as long as you have an R2 and you're on version 3.2.453 or newer, just resync your cloud manually from the three-line menu in Device Manager and you'll get the new DPI update. Give it a test and let us know how it goes!

@Netduma Liam

What’s DPI?

Edit: just did as described above and nothing happens other than “operation is taking longer than expected” message.

How will I know if the DPI update has installed?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
13 minutes ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

What’s DPI?

Deep Packet Inspection, basically it analyzes the packets and can determine right now MW2 is being played, based on the settings done on the router I will prioritize all these packets and nothing else. So instead of using ports to prioritize for example which can be problematic if there is other applications/services using the same packets on the device e.g. you're playing a game on PC and downloading a torrent it only prioritizes the game/service and nothing else. We've always used DPI but it's a lot better now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Deep Packet Inspection, basically it analyzes the packets and can determine right now MW2 is being played, based on the settings done on the router I will prioritize all these packets and nothing else. So instead of using ports to prioritize for example which can be problematic if there is other applications/services using the same packets on the device e.g. you're playing a game on PC and downloading a torrent it only prioritizes the game/service and nothing else. We've always used DPI but it's a lot better now.

Thanks @Netduma Fraser

How will I know if the DPI update has installed? Will it look any different or have other options?

I’m on R2 3.2.453, gone to Device Manager, clicked Resync Cloud, get the operation is taking longer than expected message, rebooted…and it looks the same as it did before.

Am I missing something?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
10 minutes ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

Thanks @Netduma Fraser

How will I know if the DPI update has installed? Will it look any different or have other options?

I’m on R2 3.2.453, gone to Device Manager, clicked Resync Cloud, get the operation is taking longer than expected message, rebooted…and it looks the same as it did before.

Am I missing something?

It's purely on the backend so nothing on your side will look different, sign up to early access: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/39415-introducing-early-access/ once approved install the firmware, reset etc, then resync on the Geo, Heatmap and Device Manager and you'll definitely have it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's purely on the backend so nothing on your side will look different, sign up to early access: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/39415-introducing-early-access/ once approved install the firmware, reset etc, then resync on the Geo, Heatmap and Device Manager and you'll definitely have it

Ok thanks. So what @Netduma Liam posted above isn’t correct then if we have to sign up to get the DPI update?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Deep Packet Inspection, basically it analyzes the packets and can determine right now MW2 is being played, based on the settings done on the router I will prioritize all these packets and nothing else. So instead of using ports to prioritize for example which can be problematic if there is other applications/services using the same packets on the device e.g. you're playing a game on PC and downloading a torrent it only prioritizes the game/service and nothing else. We've always used DPI but it's a lot better now.

Does this automatically negate the need for CC, BA and TP rules then if you have the DPI update?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
19 minutes ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

Ok thanks. So what @Netduma Liam posted above isn’t correct then if we have to sign up to get the DPI update?

17 minutes ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

Does this automatically negate the need for CC, BA and TP rules then if you have the DPI update?

It's correct but if you want to definitely make sure then that will make sure, doing a new update followed by a reset will prompt an automatic download of the cloud. No it doesn't it should just make them work a lot better.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's correct but if you want to definitely make sure then that will make sure, doing a new update followed by a reset will prompt an automatic download of the cloud. No it doesn't it should just make them work a lot better.

 

Which TP rules should work best for MW2? I’ve tried DumaOS Classified, Games Console and a rule for port 443, but I dont notice any difference. If anything, the best results are when I had TP turned off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
22 minutes ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

Which TP rules should work best for MW2? I’ve tried DumaOS Classified, Games Console and a rule for port 443, but I dont notice any difference. If anything, the best results are when I had TP turned off.

Is this before or after the DPI update/resyncing? Port 443 isn't the game port so that wouldn't work, the other two should work fine or you can input the correct ports for the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Is this before or after the DPI update/resyncing? Port 443 isn't the game port so that wouldn't work, the other two should work fine or you can input the correct ports for the game.

Before.

I only just did what Liam suggested so I have no idea whether or not it has done the DPI update. I haven’t signed up for that early access.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
6 minutes ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

Before.

I only just did what Liam suggested so I have no idea whether or not it has done the DPI update. I haven’t signed up for that early access.

It should be on your router then so give it a go and see if you notice any difference, make sure to reboot the router and console though to be sure

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It should be on your router then so give it a go and see if you notice any difference, make sure to reboot the router and console though to be sure

What rules or settings should I need to use to give it a go? From what you said, the DPI update relates to packets so that would suggest a TP rule is required (at the moment I don’t have any).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
26 minutes ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

Ok I also deleted that rule earlier as it didn’t do anything. So the information posted in this thread is incorrect?

https://forum.netduma.com/topic/40383-wz2mw2-change-region/

If you care about circumventing SBMM I couldn't say but as far as prioritizing the game, that won't do it.

24 minutes ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

What rules or settings should I need to use to give it a go? From what you said, the DPI update relates to packets so that would suggest a TP rule is required (at the moment I don’t have any).

Classified Games is a good one to go for and the DPI update will help that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...