Jump to content

MW2 Shoot First Die first? how to fix this?


ownal0t
 Share

Recommended Posts

This game has the craziest shoot first die first moments i seen in cod in a long time.  im tired of  seeing someone first , shooting first and  just dying in 3 shots compared to me dumping 15.  what are yall doing to get better  results?

for context im a nyer and my ping is  from 14-20ish in games.  do yall alter some setting or do yall just geo filter in a place that will give you more lag?

 

im losing it here....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
1 hour ago, ownal0t said:

This game has the craziest shoot first die first moments i seen in cod in a long time.  im tired of  seeing someone first , shooting first and  just dying in 3 shots compared to me dumping 15.  what are yall doing to get better  results?

for context im a nyer and my ping is  from 14-20ish in games.  do yall alter some setting or do yall just geo filter in a place that will give you more lag?

 

im losing it here....

This one's likely all about QoS.

My initial suggestion here for you:

  1. Make sure ALL devices on your network are connected through your R2
  2. Make sure your bandwidth speeds are set correctly in QoS (Click the three-line menu in Congestion Control -> Set Bandwidth Speeds)
  3. Set Congestion Control sliders to about 70% each, to start with.
  4. Set Congestion Control to Auto-enable
  5. Disable ALL rules in Traffic Prioritisation
  6. Manually add a new rule to Traffic Prio, select the device you're playing on, then select 'Games Console' as the service.

Go ahead and play some games and see how it feels.

If you're still having issues, post a screenshot of how QoS and Geo-filter are currently setup.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have been testing ping, I have played a lot of games lately with a ping of 20-35 and I get the same issues.

Now if I set my Geo filter away from my location and get a ping of 50, the games play perfect and very fair + ALL games are very close and even.

Dont know why, it just plays perfect and I will keep it like that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Exactly my experience. No matter what I've changed in the router settings I can't seem to get fluid gameplay/good hit reg. Above 3kd in most cods but I'm almost always last in this, I'm lucky to get a kill if I shoot someone from behind it's that bad. It really sucks cause the R2 gave me  great connection in MW19.. I feel like there's some dodgy shit going on with the connection in MW22 just have to wait it out until they tweak something that works for your connection

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

@alex.devine @johnnytran Have you guys tested out my suggestion above? The key part being adding the custom rule to Traffic Prio, I think it should help you.

As you mention, we are also working on a update to help DumaOS detect the new CoD's traffic much more fluently, that should improve matters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

@alex.devine @johnnytran Have you guys tested out my suggestion above? The key part being adding the custom rule to Traffic Prio, I think it should help you.

As you mention, we are also working on an update to help DumaOS detect the new CoD's traffic much more fluently, that should improve matters.

 I’m using Ethernet not wireless for my Xbox, I’ve added my Xbox then clicked games console, now which one should I use there is 3 options? 
 

Thank you 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
2 hours ago, DUMA BOLTON said:

 I’m using Ethernet not wireless for my Xbox, I’ve added my Xbox then clicked games console, now which one should I use there is 3 options? 
 

Thank you 

You can pick Gaming/Voice there. Which firmware version are you running out of interest?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

You can pick Gaming/Voice there. Which firmware version are you running out of interest?

I though Gaming/Voice was only for WIFI connection, so should we select normal/default WAN if connected to console through ethernet?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
6 minutes ago, Cajun72 said:

I though Gaming/Voice was only for WIFI connection, so should we select normal/default WAN if connected to console through ethernet?

Yes that's right, though you can pick Gaming/Voice and see whether it makes the experience any better

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/31/2022 at 5:57 AM, ownal0t said:

This game has the craziest shoot first die first moments i seen in cod in a long time.  im tired of  seeing someone first , shooting first and  just dying in 3 shots compared to me dumping 15.  what are yall doing to get better  results?

for context im a nyer and my ping is  from 14-20ish in games.  do yall alter some setting or do yall just geo filter in a place that will give you more lag?

 

im losing it here....

Let me to chip into this with some of my own findings.

I had the same problems, tried different combinations, with a little success. 

I checked my MTU settings number of times, always coming up to 1500.

Then...I decided not to add 28 bytes after highest number without fragmentation, which is 1472.

To my surprise the game run much better, it seemed, like now, I have more time to react then before.

I know, there is no much proof, that lowering MTU would improve gaming experience, however it does in my case both in Vanguard and MW2.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jackal235 said:

Let me to chip into this with some of my own findings.

I had the same problems, tried different combinations, with a little success. 

I checked my MTU settings number of times, always coming up to 1500.

Then...I decided not to add 28 bytes after highest number without fragmentation, which is 1472.

To my surprise the game run much better, it seemed, like now, I have more time to react then before.

I know, there is no much proof, that lowering MTU would improve gaming experience, however it does in my case both in Vanguard and MW2.

Ive had simillar results  in the past doing that as well  on my ps4

 What console or pc are you on   

 Cheers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, KindaBusted said:

Playing for about an hour or so far and getting good results with adding my Series X choosing advanced, normal default and apply to wan.

I'll try gaming/voice tomorrow and let you guys know how it goes.

I tried normal and Wan didn’t make much difference, currently testing out gaming/voice but can’t see that being any much better as I’m playing on Ethernet and not wireless, I hope the next duma update fixes the so people know the correct QoS setting for there setup.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sup guys, this game has crazy fast ttk, i made no changes at all to any settings and when i first started playing this past Friday i was hating life because i felt like i was just getting smacked, One of my friends asked me what gun i was using i told him m4 he said that was the problem. Its trash. He also said he doesnt think it needs to be buffed its where the weapon tunning comes in at weapon max to where the gun accelerates and starts doing its job. I switch the the m16 and i was god mood. 1 trigger pull kills. the Lachmann-556 is a beast and so is the taq. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So after reflushing the cloud I now get this error on the geo filter page which won't disappear despite clearing the cache. Can you help?

 

Capture.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
5 minutes ago, Cajun72 said:

So after reflushing the cloud I now get this error on the geo filter page which won't disappear despite clearing the cache. Can you help?

Odd, that shouldn't be related to the cloud update. Are you getting this if you access the interface from a completely different browser?

If so, could you perhaps try rebooting the R2?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shoot first die first has always been my experience with CoD games ever since I started upgrading my connection. 

Now I'm on Fibre with very good ping and it's like a disadvantage rather than an advantage. 

I'm in the UK, put geo filter to USA servers and limit the bandwidth to my Xbox to <1mb both upload and download, helps significantly because as soon as I turn off everything and play without any settings/filters, i get beamed whilst having a pea shooter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@BigBoyJimmy how do you limit to 1mb? 

im in the UK, the game feels like im playing hardcore being killed in 1 bullet yet i hit several and i cant get a kill. usually a player appears on my screen and im dead before i can even press the trigger!  

i dont get how i can hear someone, i aim ready for them to come round the corner and yet they come round, drop shot me or jump and aim and im dead before i can even press the trigger.

most games i shoot someone in the back, they can just turn round and kill me instantly.

 

i play on a pc and i have the R1 with the latest firmware 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, john22rob said:

@BigBoyJimmy how do you limit to 1mb? 

im in the UK, the game feels like im playing hardcore being killed in 1 bullet yet i hit several and i cant get a kill. usually a player appears on my screen and im dead before i can even press the trigger!  

i dont get how i can hear someone, i aim ready for them to come round the corner and yet they come round, drop shot me or jump and aim and im dead before i can even press the trigger.

most games i shoot someone in the back, they can just turn round and kill me instantly.

Feels exactly the same for me when the SBMM kicks in when queueing solo.

You can limit your upload and download by moving the sliders in QoS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have mentioned this before the faster your internet connection the harder the game handicaps you, use the sliders and dumb down the connection 20mb download 5mb upload and set mtu to 750

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

I have mentioned this before the faster your internet connection the harder the game handicaps you, use the sliders and dumb down the connection 20mb download 5mb upload and set mtu to 750

Which are you setting the MTU at 750? The router or the PC/gaming console?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...