MW2 Shoot First Die first? how to fix this?

ownal0t

12 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you care about circumventing SBMM I couldn't say but as far as prioritizing the game, that won't do it.

Classified Games is a good one to go for and the DPI update will help that. 

Ok thanks. I’ll test with Classified then.

I didn’t realise port 443 had anything to do with circumventing SBMM, but I can confirm that it definitely doesn’t work! 

4 hours ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

I don’t see this preset. Is it part of the DPI update too?

QOS > CLick on profiles > you see drop down menu of profiles for different games.

Capture.JPG

It quite easy to get dpi wofking just requires a few steps

I just signed up to the early acsess last night and was acepted straigh away

Then i downloaded the newest fw 3.3 i think its called

After i upgraded fw  i factory reset   roter

Then i  first resynddd cloud on geo filter  then resyced cloud on heatmap then resynced cloud on device mager

If you get the errror message about its taking time just leave it sit for 2 mins so it still downloads  dpi  cloud update

After you do that reboot router and console

Start the game up  and t now click network monitor  it should show you your console  mine shows ps5  then click on the traffic it should show gaming in next window the category breakdown windo then click that it should open 3rd window showing the game your playing mine show cod mw2 on  

Your done enjoy new  update

12 minutes ago, Kfetish said:

@Seye have you by any chance tried these settings on warzone and if so how did you fare? Multiplayer actually seems fair now. I can’t ask for anymore than that from any COD game. 

I haven't tried warzone yet, I'm not huge fan of the new warzone I will give it a try.

Em 12/01/2022 em 12:51, Netduma Fraser disse:

É puramente no back-end, então nada do seu lado parecerá diferente, inscreva-se para acesso antecipado:  https://forum.netduma.com/topic/39415-introducing-early-access/ uma vez aprovado, instale o firmware, reinicie etc, então ressincronizar no Geo, Heatmap e Device Manager e você definitivamente vai tê-lo

Atualizei o firmware e o DPI.

Qual seria a configuração ideal para jogar COD no xbox SX?

Meu cenário com o roteador é apenas o xbox conectado para jogar, tenho Internet exclusivamente para o xbox.

My biggest problem in COD is shoot first and die first. I tried many configurations with the old firmware and nothing worked.

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, Holz said:

I updated the firmware and DPI.

What would be the ideal setup to play COD on xbox SX?

My scenario with the router is just the xbox connected to play, I have Internet exclusively for the xbox.

Just what you would do normally, utilize the Geo-Filter, QoS isn't as needed as you have a dedicated line but you can still experiment with it

My ps5 is the only thing connected to the r2. I’ll have to try turning qos off and see if there’s any improvement. Has anyone tried only lowering dl and keeping upload high? I’m going to try that as well. Most of the morning I’ve been trying to determine if playing on the 18ms server near me is better than the 30-50ms servers around the u.s. 

• Administrators
51 minutes ago, Kfetish said:

My ps5 is the only thing connected to the r2. I’ll have to try turning qos off and see if there’s any improvement. Has anyone tried only lowering dl and keeping upload high? I’m going to try that as well. Most of the morning I’ve been trying to determine if playing on the 18ms server near me is better than the 30-50ms servers around the u.s. 

People do experiment with the percentages, they usually throttle quite a lot, I'm not sure if they've tried that way. People do that as well, some find those higher servers play a bit better for them. Whatever works best for you!

Well, I literally tried everything and the shoot first die first scenario always still happens. The problem is not on our end, it's the game's shitty netcode and possibly lag compensation. The best thing you can do to make the game a bit more enjoyable is to simply use vpn's to get into bot lobbies.

On 10/31/2022 at 7:35 AM, Netduma Liam said:

This one's likely all about QoS.

My initial suggestion here for you:

1. Make sure ALL devices on your network are connected through your R2
  2. Make sure your bandwidth speeds are set correctly in QoS (Click the three-line menu in Congestion Control -> Set Bandwidth Speeds)
  3. Set Congestion Control sliders to about 70% each, to start with.
  4. Set Congestion Control to Auto-enable
  5. Disable ALL rules in Traffic Prioritisation
  6. Manually add a new rule to Traffic Prio, select the device you're playing on, then select 'Games Console' as the service.

Go ahead and play some games and see how it feels.

If you're still having issues, post a screenshot of how QoS and Geo-filter are currently setup.

I DO exaclty this. AND i dont know why i get killed way way faster. I need to turn off QoS

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, SolidOny said:

I DO exaclty this. AND i dont know why i get killed way way faster. I need to turn off QoS

70% is a recommended starting point but it's not perfect for everyone, experiment with the percentages to see what works best for you

• 2 weeks later...

So here’s the latest on my end. I apologize in advance if it’s a bit long winded. MW2 ran so terribly for me on pc no matter what settings I tried, despite Cold War running flawlessly. I had my pc connected to my r2 and all my other household devices running thru my asus ax-1100. I was fortunate enough to get my hands on a ps5 so I bought MW2 and decided to hook it up to the r2 and start tinkering with settings. Between my settings and the broken aim assist the game ran better than ever. I went from going 4-16 to going 16-4. Then the update happened. All my friends play on pc and play warzone so in order to be in discord with them I play warzone on pc and not ps5. I usually get my ass stomped by shoot first die first, but I like to play with friends so I just deal. To my surprise warzone hit reg felt much better. Figured it was a once off tho lol. A few games later the same thing persisted. At this point I said I’ve got nothing to lose by trying TDM. If it sucks I won’t play more, if it’s better, win win. IT IS SO MUCH BETTER FOR ME PERSONALLY. I’m playing on pc and I’m not using the r2 (except my ps5 is still solely connected to it). I’m not using any qos or anything. Don’t get me wrong, I still join games in progress and get destroyed, but my overall experience is much better. Idk what they changed but I like it. I’m really tempted to hook my pc back up to the r2 so I can choose the exact servers I’d like to play on, but if it ain’t broke…..

idk. Let’s just hope the next patch doesn’t undo everything lol. 

6 hours ago, Kfetish said:

So here’s the latest on my end. I apologize in advance if it’s a bit long winded. MW2 ran so terribly for me on pc no matter what settings I tried, despite Cold War running flawlessly. I had my pc connected to my r2 and all my other household devices running thru my asus ax-1100. I was fortunate enough to get my hands on a ps5 so I bought MW2 and decided to hook it up to the r2 and start tinkering with settings. Between my settings and the broken aim assist the game ran better than ever. I went from going 4-16 to going 16-4. Then the update happened. All my friends play on pc and play warzone so in order to be in discord with them I play warzone on pc and not ps5. I usually get my ass stomped by shoot first die first, but I like to play with friends so I just deal. To my surprise warzone hit reg felt much better. Figured it was a once off tho lol. A few games later the same thing persisted. At this point I said I’ve got nothing to lose by trying TDM. If it sucks I won’t play more, if it’s better, win win. IT IS SO MUCH BETTER FOR ME PERSONALLY. I’m playing on pc and I’m not using the r2 (except my ps5 is still solely connected to it). I’m not using any qos or anything. Don’t get me wrong, I still join games in progress and get destroyed, but my overall experience is much better. Idk what they changed but I like it. I’m really tempted to hook my pc back up to the r2 so I can choose the exact servers I’d like to play on, but if it ain’t broke…..

idk. Let’s just hope the next patch doesn’t undo everything lol. 

The sad reality that every one has to realise....the game is just rigged and is just a money making machine...ive been tinkering with setting so long now to try and get that perfect game set up and yeah you get some joy....But mostly you get some joy and then lengths of pain and unenjoyment.....SBMM (skill based match making) is the first hurdle which firstly punishes you for doing well and then combined with connection manipulation which puts you at a disadvantage to make other players seem like gods...The dev's at Activision want everyone around the 1.0 kd...so noobs get the enjoyment as well as battle hardened try hards... the system just drip feeds you some good times and then does the opposite and let's you get destroyed so easily no matter how fast you react..... I'm a UK player and have had my connection locked onto the milan Italy server probably a month or so because at first that was giving me more luck and enjoyment....but lately in game updates changed that...so now I've swapped back to dropping my location back in the sea off the coast of the UK and setting my ping assist to 16 and its become a little better...but I find the best thing is start a game and see how fair you find the fire fights and if your getting dropped easily after shooting first BS....I jump straight out and try the next game match make...to see if that's  any better....and keep repeating till the game puts me back in a fair fire fight game...😡👎

16 hours ago, kinel said:

Hows the game playing  for you all since  latest  patch a few days ago

For me its terrible again 

When i played today and  and a few days ago

I didn't notice another patch but the past 3-4 days it's unplayable for me after about a week of it feeling like I was playing on LAN (I think it was after a 11GB patch a bit over a week ago)

10 hours ago, johnnytran said:

I didn't notice another patch but the past 3-4 days it's unplayable for me after about a week of it feeling like I was playing on LAN (I think it was after a 11GB patch a bit over a week ago)

I didnt notice a patch either  but i had same experince as you

It must be the game. Sometimes you won’t die no matter what; suddenly you realise you are gone with no time to react. You get killed as soon as you see enemies appear. 

I’ve realized this and just try to play at a slower pace when this happens, and turn up the heat when I get invincible LOL.

On 12/1/2022 at 10:51 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

It's purely on the backend so nothing on your side will look different, sign up to early access: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/39415-introducing-early-access/ once approved install the firmware, reset etc, then resync on the Geo, Heatmap and Device Manager and you'll definitely have it

I've signed up twice and having received any response yet...

• Administrators
1 hour ago, nferguzl said:

I've signed up twice and having received any response yet...

1 hour ago, Kfetish said:

Same..

I think you both have access already, you don't get notified, you should be able to see this section: https://forum.netduma.com/forum/144-netduma-r2-early-access/