ANNOUNCEMENT: New R2 Firmware! (3.0.179)

Netduma Jack B

Hello, I have upgraded the firmware and did the resolution is  2880 x 1800. Using a MacBook Pro. But the issue is their on my iPad and iPhone too. 

Showing the issue on the latest build

dE16lq6.png

Haven't seen any improvements to wifi at all still unstable speeds very weak signal 5Ghz is only works  in the same room as the r2 2.4Ggz is very slow upstairs in my house and can not get a signal outside with 1 wall in the way my neighbours wifi signals are better in my house then the r2 

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, wilsonbx198st said:

should i update if i have a beta ?

Yes I'd recommend it just in case there was a last minute change.

5 minutes ago, logan_001 said:

Any tricks to this update? Mine is staying on upgrade in progress and doesn't go any farther.

Reboot the router and then try to update immediately.

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, scoobypreza said:

Haven't seen any improvements to wifi at all still unstable speeds very weak signal 5Ghz is only works  in the same room as the r2 2.4Ggz is very slow upstairs in my house and can not get a signal outside with 1 wall in the way my neighbours wifi signals are better in my house then the r2 

Reupgrade to this one and then do a reset. Adjust the widths until you get better performance.

6 hours ago, logan_001 said:

Any tricks to this update? Mine is staying on upgrade in progress and doesn't go any farther.

I had to perform a factory reset before the upgrade would work going from .143 to .179 beta. Trying to upgrade to the one in this post doesn't seem to work either, the little loading bar fills up quick when you press the upgrade button then it hangs on the upgrade window saying it'll take a few minutes but nothing happens, internet is usable etc while this is happening. Reboot didn't fix it so I'm guessing another factory reset will need to be performed first.

When the upgrade actually does work I noticed the little loading bar fills up slowly.

I ended up updating to the one posted here, did a factory reset and have gui glitches.

Router won't reboot via the menu. In the network settings screenshot you can see the loading symbol in the middle of the screen, its on every page. I also cant click on any of the settings (network, wifi, dhcp etc). Unplugged R2 to reboot, all the gui glitches are there but at least i can change settings. Fingers crossed i can downgrade firmware

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Guest Killhippie
17 hours ago, Netduma Jack B said:

Fixed various vulnerabilities.

What are these vulnerabilities please, getting a bit fed up of asking now. Sorry if that sounds blunt but I don't like vague security reports in firmware updates. Netgear are bad enough.

• Administrators
6 hours ago, johnnytran said:

I ended up updating to the one posted here, did a factory reset and have gui glitches.

Router won't reboot via the menu. In the network settings screenshot you can see the loading symbol in the middle of the screen, its on every page. I also cant click on any of the settings (network, wifi, dhcp etc). Unplugged R2 to reboot, all the gui glitches are there but at least i can change settings. Fingers crossed i can downgrade firmware

You really need to do a reset after upgrading and those issues should go away.

5 hours ago, Rodney Rosado3 said:

Not getting full gigabit speed on r2 getting 92 mbps up and down but on my xr700 I get full gigabit 940 down and 880 up

Did you reset after upgrading? Have you entered your expected speeds into the router? Where are you testing, on benchmark or speedtest.net?

2 hours ago, Killhippie said:

What are these vulnerabilities please, getting a bit fed up of asking now. Sorry if that sounds blunt but I don't like vague security reports in firmware updates. Netgear are bad enough.

I shall ask and get back to you when I have an answer.

Did an update to the new firmware and then a factory reset and now the router won’t connect to the internet. I can’t get this thing to do anything. According to the lights, I have a connection, but on screen it will not connect. 

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, Shecki said:

Did an update to the new firmware and then a factory reset and now the router won’t connect to the internet. I can’t get this thing to do anything. According to the lights, I have a connection, but on screen it will not connect. 

Do you require PPPoE, etc to make a connection or does it just use DHCP? What is your exact physical setup?

Actually even after a factory reset, noticing bugs with Wifi when a separate it, it won't show the 5GHZ one, and when I turn both frequencies off, the 2.4ghz will stay on. Have to do a reboot to turn it off, but the 5ghz will refuse to show up even though there's a red light on the router for it.

Edit: even if I change SSID and that, it won't appear and have to reboot to get the wifi off.

Edit 2: Yep any changes to the WiFi or SSID requires a reboot, but the 5GHZ band I being dodgy and won't appear.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, jb68 said:

Actually even after a factory reset, noticing bugs with Wifi when a separate it, it won't show the 5GHZ one, and when I turn both frequencies off, the 2.4ghz will stay on. Have to do a reboot to turn it off, but the 5ghz will refuse to show up even though there's a red light on the router for it.

Edit: even if I change SSID and that, it won't appear and have to reboot to get the wifi off.

Edit 2: Yep any changes to the WiFi or SSID requires a reboot, but the 5GHZ band I being dodgy and won't appear.

Thanks very much, I've made an internal ticket for this so the devs can take a look. 

11 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You really need to do a reset after upgrading and those issues should go away.

Yep that was my process. First thing I did was a factory reset after upgrading the firmware. I think I have fixed it now, I went to an older version then upgraded to this and no more gui bugs.

What I did notice after the first upgrade and factory reset, the initial setup was plain text with a white background and after finishing it, it said duma os not loaded please wait or something.. then redirected me to the buggy interface.

Also FYI after my initial reboot the bug where I lose most of the wifi channels is still happening so I only have like 3-4 channels to chose from and the 5g is completely gone. Both lights are on but the 5g doesn't broadcast (i have mirrored off, separate SSID for 2g and 5g)