Welcome R2 owners! We want your feedback!

Netduma Alex

Regarding feedback for the R2 is there a way we can get a full configuration backup feature? (unless I missed something and there is one?) Having to re-setup the geofilter and all settings after a firmware upgrade and/or factory reset can be pretty frustrating, especially after getting everything tweaked perfectly.

46 minutes ago, Taerar said:

Regarding feedback for the R2 is there a way we can get a full configuration backup feature? (unless I missed something and there is one?) Having to re-setup the geofilter and all settings after a firmware upgrade and/or factory reset can be pretty frustrating, especially after getting everything tweaked perfectly.

This is so needed.

1 hour ago, GBDJG said:

This is so needed.

just my 2cents i would want to set up everything new instead of adding a config file based of a older firmware, but yes agree it does take long to reset everything up again

14 hours ago, Taerar said:

Yeah it's been added to our roadmap so it's definitely something we'll be considering. 

12 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

just my 2cents i would want to set up everything new instead of adding a config file based of a older firmware, but yes agree it does take long to reset everything up again

An equally good point, it's always best to start fresh.

20 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

It does take long when you have over twenty devices and assigh DCHP or some do not connect/switching off the WIFI all becomes a real pain but then if you only use it for a XBOX+one PC i guess it would not take long at all.

Every other router I've owned has had a back up😲

7 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Yeah it's been added to our roadmap so it's definitely something we'll be considering. 

An equally good point, it's always best to start fresh.

Yeah may be start fresh with a different router that does not need to be reset all most weekly lol

• 2 months later...

Good afternoon netduma team, I bought the netduma r2 router again, this is the third one I buy, and it arrived today, by the carrier dhl - Brazil. I love you. I want to report a few things. First I paid again a router for me around R$1,074 reais and another for the government R$937 reais, an absurdity. My router took a while because the Brazilian IRS is operating in the so-called standard operation, where even if you buy a needle outside of Brazil, it is practically "taxed in gold". netduma does not sell here in Brazil and the prices here in Brazil are very high compared to the minimum wage, unfortunately. My box came with the seal open, I don't know if it was the recipe, if it was dhl or if the seal came off. But my concern was the adapter - called led driver that came in the box - because it says selv. constant voltage, but here in Brazil, the power of outlets is alternating current, as I reported the seal being open, I don't know if you sent it anyway, or if there was any change in the route, so I ask you to look at the photo so that I can know if it was you who sent it or not? At the moment I'm using the ac/dc adapter of my other netduma that doesn't work the device, but the adapter is intact, although I have to use a benjamin. Another question is: is the netduma r2's air outlet under it, is it necessary to have some support so that it stays on top and so the air comes out, or can you use it on top of a straight surface and it won't spoil due to the heat? because the routers here in Brazil, the air outlet is on top or on the side, hardly below. And the last question is: my version came - 3.0.205i, is that so? Do I have to update? Because I updated and then reset, I just want to know out of curiosity about the version. Please answer my three questions. Text written by google translator.

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-05 at 14.10.00.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-05 at 14.10.48.jpeg

• Administrators

@TigerSSorry to hear about the fees, unfortunately customs fees aren't something we can control. It was likely opened by customs to check the contents, we always package it so you'll be the first to open it.

The power supply requires a fixed voltage but accepts a varied current so you're absolutely fine to use it.

Yes the vents are on the underside so it's not advised to put it on a carpet but you can put it on a table for example. 

That is the version it comes with and you were right to upgrade and reset on the latest!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2022 at 2:36 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

@TigerSSorry to hear about the fees, unfortunately customs fees aren't something we can control. It was likely opened by customs to check the contents, we always package it so you'll be the first to open it.

The power supply requires a fixed voltage but accepts a varied current so you're absolutely fine to use it.

Yes the vents are on the underside so it's not advised to put it on a carpet but you can put it on a table for example. 

That is the version it comes with and you were right to upgrade and reset on the latest!

Thanks Fraser for responding. As for the fees, you really can't interfere, it was just an outburst. Unfortunately here in Brazil the politicians govern for themselves, the people are forgotten, so everything here is very expensive. Thank you very much Fraser.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
17 hours ago, leandro de moura rangel said:

boa tarde, atualizei o meu netdumar2 mais agora nao esta funcionando "mapa de calor de ping" aparece essa menssagem Cloud data has not been downloaded. Make sure you have an internet connection and click FORCE UPDATE.

e quando clico em forçar   wpdate nada acontece, podem me ajudar?

Bem-vindo ao fórum!

Reproduzimos o problema e o transmiti à equipe para dar uma olhada, espero que seja um problema de nuvem que possamos corrigir rapidamente sem uma atualização de firmware.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, 

I have done the update to 3.2.453 and after done a factory reset. 

I play call of duty on a PlayStation 5 and as you can see there is no gaming showing up in network monitor? This is causing lag and super bullets. Any suggestions on what to do? 

I’m on a R2 router only a couple of months old. BF5AD457-A0B7-4EE3-BAC8-D6F4B2D5B0C1.thumb.jpeg.aa3b999c46aebe3a30ff8e23073b9a55.jpeg

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Labull said:

Hey, 

I have done the update to 3.2.453 and after done a factory reset. 

I play call of duty on a PlayStation 5 and as you can see there is no gaming showing up in network monitor? This is causing lag and super bullets. Any suggestions on what to do? 

I’m on a R2 router only a couple of months old. 

We're working on that aspect, it shouldn't cause you lag though, make a new topic and include a screenshot of your QoS & Geo-Filter pages and let us know what ping you're seeing on the Geo-Filter and in game.

Here is my settings. I have turned geo-filter of and its much better even if I have people from US in my lobby now (I live in Europe). Also if i turn QOS completely off and it feels better as well and much smother in game today but it is still not great like it was before the upgrade to 3.2. software. any thoughts? thanks 

Screenshot 2022-07-01 at 20.34.56.png

Screenshot 2022-07-01 at 20.34.36.png

Screenshot 2022-07-01 at 21.05.46.png

• Administrators

You can reset Bandwidth Allocation, gaming barely uses any, how do you normally have Congestion Control set? If you're finding better luck with the Geo-Filter off then try forcing servers slightly further away, even with a higher ping they may be more stable.

I use auto detect internet speed. When i use Congestion Control i usually do auto-setup it always give me 100% on upload and 99% on download. When i use advanced setup it always give med 50% on both upload and download. 

I have also tried to lower both upload and download all the way to 1% nothing seams to work. 

In the Traffic Prioritization settings. should i add my PS5 and have wireless type at gaming/wireless? also should i have WAM checked? i use cabel to my PS5. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Labull said:

I use auto detect internet speed. When i use Congestion Control i usually do auto-setup it always give me 100% on upload and 99% on download. When i use advanced setup it always give med 50% on both upload and download. 

I have also tried to lower both upload and download all the way to 1% nothing seams to work. 

In the Traffic Prioritization settings. should i add my PS5 and have wireless type at gaming/wireless? also should i have WAM checked? i use cabel to my PS5. 

What is the model of the modem/router the R2 is connected to? Are ALL devices connected to the R2? What is the average ping you're seeing on the Geo-Filter/in game?

You've set Traffic Prioritization correctly so you can leave that as it is.

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Suggestion for improvement on port forwarding tab - please add option to enable disable specific rules (or otherwise enable/disable port forwarding completely), in current implementation if I want to toggle between port forwarding and DMZ/UPnP, my only option is to manually delete all port forwarding rules (and for that I suggest also multi selection so we won't need to do it for each rule).

4 hours ago, Oren Tasuna said:

Hi,

Suggestion for improvement on port forwarding tab - please add option to enable disable specific rules (or otherwise enable/disable port forwarding completely), in current implementation if I want to toggle between port forwarding and DMZ/UPnP, my only option is to manually delete all port forwarding rules (and for that I suggest also multi selection so we won't need to do it for each rule).

That's already been added, I don't know whether it'll be in the next release or the one immediately after, but it won't be long!

• 2 weeks later...

Suggestions for improvement:

-better wifi, but r2 has pretty bad wifi. So.maybe r3 could fix that 

-ability to disable features you don't use by having a management page, turn off feature could fix some problems in the pipeline, and get overall best speed and would make troubleshooting easier but turn off whatever is not in used

-R3 should have atleast 2.5 gb support both in Wan and atleast 1 lan and the other 3 lans could still be 1gb each ports

-be able to register manually server for games not in the geofiltering list to be able to use it outside those 10 games

-be able to change the classified game list and add packets or ports of other games because now those packets they are not recognized as games pack but just priority packets

• Administrators

@Mostwest thank you for the suggestions!

1. There is a limited amount we can do via the software but we're doing what we can
  2. We kind of already have the functionality for that but I don't know if there are plans currently to make this active
  3. For our customer base I think this is a bit overkill and would drive up the price quite a lot and exclude a lot of our customers as there are very few who have over 1Gbps
  4. Could you expand on what you mean exactly?
  5. You can make custom rules to prioritize ports currently

Hi there, bought the Netduma R2 on 16/11/22 it was delivered to Ireland on 18/11/22 two days to Ireland brilliant service. The router itself is decent quality and very easy setup. I connected directly to the ONS wall port through Netduma wan port doing away with ISP's Fritzbox, the network settings are simple to input once you have your ISP user and password, most providers supply this. I have a 1GB connection and it runs perfectly.

The DumaOS is pretty much self explanatory, very easy to follow and setup Qos, Geo filter, ping etc.

Been using the geo filter for my Xbox one s for MW2 and ps4 for other games it seems to work spot on, been connecting to local servers eg Demonware and London dedicated servers, some in Amsterdam all giving low ping games. All in all it's a decent experience.

Been using the android app on phone, noticed it sometimes freezes when using geo filter but overall it works well, handy to see what servers and ping are available and connected while in game lobby.  

So far it's a very positive experience and I have noticed better game play and easier find games. Cheers all.