ANNOUNCEMENT: DUMAOS 3.0 IS HERE

@Netduma Fraser at first i didnt want to reply on the topic as i know u are always willing to help and do your best for us here at the forum but as i feel like your the one we can speak through to Netduma and Netgear i had to say something.

1st of all i dont know a router which firmware got updated and someone had to pay for it (we already paid when we bought the router).

2nd it is totally ridiculous that a router had 6 updates in it's 2-year life (it is as well one of the high end routers of NETGEAR).

I compared the updates for my 2015 ASUS RT-AC5300 vs 2018 NETGEAR XR700 the ASUS had 7 firmware updates in 2020 only (and they are working on 386. firmware currently 384. there is a beta running for 386. as well) while the NETGEAR XR700 had only 6 firmware  updates since 2018.

Screenshot_20201111-195819_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20201111-200120_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Administrators

I should have phrased it better really, I'm not referring to bug fixes etc, of course those are expected. I was more referring to major new features, Rapp store that allows you to evolve the router (when available). Both routers were released in 2018 but yes I get your point. It has been slow on the updates. When the Rapp store comes out they will be faster as we can update Rapps individually. 

@Netduma Fraser i didn't mean it bad or harsh in a way i have no problem with the way u phrased it, just want to get this out in the world so maybe NETGEAR wakes up and think, hey there are people aware that we are lacking on our products support.

ASUS RT-AC5300 is released end of 2015 i have mine since begin of 2016, sorry my bad NETGEAR XR700 was released 2018.

It stays a expensive product that people have bought and they expect frequent updates especially for routers, lots of bugs, security updates and internet connections changing.

Dhcp issues, driver updates, get Routed-IPTV working, load some ISP profiles from different regions like if u are W-EU u get only like from those countries main ISP's.

• Administrators

@Mobel I totally understand the frustration, I experience it every day through those with the issues like DHCP etc. That's why when I had the opportunity recently to reach out and talk to one of the NG leads I took it so I can talk to them personally about it. I'm doing all I can to get things sorted and push for updates etc and of course the team is working their butt off at the same time.

Guest Killhippie
On 11/11/2020 at 8:18 PM, Mobel said:

@Netduma Fraser i didn't mean it bad or harsh in a way i have no problem with the way u phrased it, just want to get this out in the world so maybe NETGEAR wakes up and think, hey there are people aware that we are lacking on our products support.

ASUS RT-AC5300 is released end of 2015 i have mine since begin of 2016, sorry my bad NETGEAR XR700 was released 2018.

It stays a expensive product that people have bought and they expect frequent updates especially for routers, lots of bugs, security updates and internet connections changing.

Dhcp issues, driver updates, get Routed-IPTV working, load some ISP profiles from different regions like if u are W-EU u get only like from those countries main ISP's.

You don't seem to get the fact that the XR700 carcass was released in 2018 with Duma, the PCB and CPU was from 2016, its old tech in a shiny new box, so your router while you only had it two years is in fact 4 years old internally. Netgear still sell the R7800 from 2016, so its not Netgear not supporting routers as such its them not supporting routers that make them a loss financially as the XR700 was expensive and a niche product and like any company they will sell the most popular not the most expensive to produce if its not selling in the expected numbers. Oh and then along comes Covid!

Who is going to buy a £450 sorry £248 router when they have been made redundant. Its about business really not the fact you feel stung for not doing  research and finding out it was a R9000 (2016 router) in a new casing. Hell my routers (RAX120) is going to be replaced for a v2 with a newer CPU, it happens. As I said before try and buy last years top of the range TV from which ever company made it this year, because you cant as they have built newer and better ones and ceased production on last years year old TV models. This is life get used to it. Sorry if this sounds harsh but its just about profit and introducing new tech, with AX pushing into the market quickly all AC routers will be obsolete soon technologically. Also  Asus, Netgear, etc want to make money from new products and its been a damn hard year. Maybe if AX had not come along so soon the XR700 would have had a longer life, but I'm guessing the XR500 made Netgear more money.

@Killhippie i am gonna keep it short and simple.

I am a customer who bought a router that has been released for 2 years so expect at least support for the coming 2-3 years.

I bought a Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR700 in 2018 i didnt buy a R9000 in 2016 or "18 so I expect some support for the product that i bought.

And about the TV's, 1 u can't compare a tv with a router and 2 tv's get software and firmware updates even years after release.

And I had a ASUS GT-11000AX in summer 2019, that WiFi 6 is not so big as u think, there are not even so much devices that support it, back then my Samsung S10 was the only device i had that have WiFi 6 and in my case i use wired connection for gaming.

15 hours ago, Mobel said:

I am a customer who bought a router that has been released for 2 years so expect at least support for the coming 2-3 years.

I bought a Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR700 in 2018 i didnt buy a R9000 in 2016 or "18 so I expect some support for the product that i bought.

And about the TV's, 1 u can't compare a tv with a router and 2 tv's get software and firmware updates even years after release.

And I had a ASUS GT-11000AX in summer 2019, that WiFi 6 is not so big as u think, there are not even so much devices that support it, back then my Samsung S10 was the only device i had that have WiFi 6 and in my case i use wired connection for gaming.

Me too 

• Administrators
On 11/17/2020 at 11:54 AM, YayoRaise said:

Hey, can I also get access to R1 Beta, please 😁

Hey, welcome to the forum!

You now have access, enjoy!

17 hours ago, Mohammedx said:

didn't receive anything until now 

You now have access, enjoy!

On 11/11/2020 at 12:35 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

@Mobel I totally understand the frustration, I experience it every day through those with the issues like DHCP etc. That's why when I had the opportunity recently to reach out and talk to one of the NG leads I took it so I can talk to them personally about it. I'm doing all I can to get things sorted and push for updates etc and of course the team is working their butt off at the same time.

Any further status on a DHCP fix for the XR700?

Guest Killhippie
On 11/16/2020 at 9:05 PM, Mobel said:

Well you got two years support I suppose didn't you?  I understand its frustrating, my router is getting updated but after all with COVID 19  hitting this this year, personally I have other things to think about other than plastic and metal. I hope the XR700 gets 3.0 at least. As far as wifi 6 all new Macs (M1 Apple silicon going forward) and iPads and iPhones now have Wi-Fi 6 as well as many windows laptops and both next gen consoles. After all it is the replacement for the worlds Wi-Fi standard from Wi-Fi 5 and that is pretty big considering the benefits it brings.

9 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

Well you got two years support I suppose didn't you?  I understand its frustrating, my router is getting updated but after all with COVID 19  hitting this this year, personally I have other things to think about other than plastic and metal. I hope the XR700 gets 3.0 at least. As far as wifi 6 all new Macs (M1 Apple silicon going forward) and iPads and iPhones now have Wi-Fi 6 as well as many windows laptops and both next gen consoles. After all it is the replacement for the worlds Wi-Fi standard from Wi-Fi 5 and that is pretty big considering the benefits it brings.

I’m fairly confident that the Asus as well as NG AX routers with Broadcom chipsets have had updates via Broadcom that have added and improved the new standard. Throughput, latency, WiFi security and processing is mighty quick now on the top tier stuff however most may not be aware of how much of an improvement this is and days of wired only are coming to an end. 
BSS colouring, TwT, OFDMA and the rest of the specs are pretty amazing. 
I bet the XR1000 after stability updates will be a good router to pick up for gamers.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Not yet but I've chased them again. 

Since I've owned the XR700 not a single Firmware update has fixed the DHCP issues. This mostly happens on the 2.4Ghz channel, leaving half my devices not being able to acquire an IP. I needed a router with SFP+ 10G port and this is the only model that offered at the time, so I was the sucker that didn't return it when I noticed the issue, not to mention the hours of tinkering before realizing it wasn't going to work outside of the original firmware.
XR700-V1.0.1.2 - Works
XR700-V1.0.1.8 - No
XR700-V1.0.1.10 - No
XR700-V1.0.1.18_beta - No
XR700-V1.0.1.20 - No
XR700-V1.0.1.24_beta - No
XR700-V1.0.1.34 - No

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, KronosMarauder said:

Since I've owned the XR700 not a single Firmware update has fixed the DHCP issues. This mostly happens on the 2.4Ghz channel, leaving half my devices not being able to acquire an IP. I needed a router with SFP+ 10G port and this is the only model that offered at the time, so I was the sucker that didn't return it when I noticed the issue, not to mention the hours of tinkering before realizing it wasn't going to work outside of the original firmware.
XR700-V1.0.1.2 - Works
XR700-V1.0.1.8 - No
XR700-V1.0.1.10 - No
XR700-V1.0.1.18_beta - No
XR700-V1.0.1.20 - No
XR700-V1.0.1.24_beta - No
XR700-V1.0.1.34 - No

I know, and trust me it is frustrating for me as well considering how long ago I brought it up as an issue. I will get it sorted!