ANNOUNCEMENT: DUMAOS 3.0 IS HERE

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, Zevo said:

@Netduma Fraser hi, iv been back and forth on this forum since the beginning of last year keeping and eye on the grogress patiently waiting I appreciate your hard work and dedication but could we please give the xr300 a push into the beta please 😢

Hey, welcome to the forum!

We recently released the beta for the 700 so it's just down to the 300 now and we're working on getting that out asap.

On 1/23/2021 at 5:10 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

We recently released the beta for the 700 so it's just down to the 300 now and we're working on getting that out asap.

Any further updates on post BETA releases yet (public readiness)? More specifically for the 700? Also any progress on the IP issue?

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, KronosMarauder said:

Any further updates on post BETA releases yet (public readiness)? More specifically for the 700? Also any progress on the IP issue?

We've only really just released the first XR700 build so there will be at least another one I should think. It really depends how stable they are as to when it can be released publically.

15 minutes ago, hurricane1984 said:

Still no stable release for the XR500?!

Cmon man, this is getting weird now. 

Apologies for the delays, we're actively working as fast as we can to work bugs out of the beta release but unfortunately these things take time to recreate, understand and fix.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2021 at 10:10 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Glad to hear! I've signed up for the beta ages ago (I guess June last year?) and still no news as of today!

Thanks for keeping us posted.

• Administrators
47 minutes ago, Andry46 said:

Hi, any news about duma OS 3.0 for XR300 ? And another question. I see on the netduma site that the R2 is on preorder, what are the waiting time to receive it ? 

No news yet, we're still working on it. I couldn't say at the moment, we are beginning shipments of the pre-orders and we have quite a lot to get through to get up to date. It depends how many the team are able to get out each day but if you were to purchase now I don't think it would ship for at least a week.

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, SurvivorOf said:

I know you get tired of hearing this, but is there any updates for Duma 3.0 on the XR500? The one that has all the extra features is what I'm referring to, not the stripped version.

The stripped version isn't a beta - it's a security update for the 2.0 version, unfortunately named the same. Here is the latest beta which hasn't even really been officially released but it is the most stable in my opinion.

38 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The stripped version isn't a beta - it's a security update for the 2.0 version, unfortunately named the same. Here is the latest beta which hasn't even really been officially released but it is the most stable in my opinion.

what version?

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, KronosMarauder said:

Dang that's good news then. When can we expect it for the XR700. The IP issue is the whole reason I'm stuck on unsafe firmware that was originally shipped with the unit. 

That will almost certainly come with the next beta build - I don't have an eta on that currently but we're working on it.

50 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Fixes related to the DHCP disconnections, IPv6 etc just overall stability should be improved - no new features.

Ok thnx for the update. I have no issues as far as i know anymore but more stability is always better i guess. 

Sometimes i have connection issues with Warframe which might be related to stability, gonna try now, thnx.

On 2/28/2021 at 4:23 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Dear Netduma,

Could you send me the beta dropbox for xr300? I don't care how unstable it is or if it bricks my router because I need 3.0 features and if it isn't available withing a month I'll buy an xr that does have 3.0.
I get that it isn't finished but I really don't care if it's an unstable build because at least that way i'll use the xr300, right now I don't even want to use it and will buy another router anyway that does support vpns.
I understand if you don't want to send me the beta if it contains sensitive information or whatever but if it is at risk of being unstable or brick my router I really don't care.
Hope it isn't a legal issue that you can't send me the beta img.

Thanks for reading this,
Have a nice day!

11 hours ago, JimmyJimmy said:

Dear Netduma,

Could you send me the beta dropbox for xr300? I don't care how unstable it is or if it bricks my router because I need 3.0 features and if it isn't available withing a month I'll buy an xr that does have 3.0.
I get that it isn't finished but I really don't care if it's an unstable build because at least that way i'll use the xr300, right now I don't even want to use it and will buy another router anyway that does support vpns.
I understand if you don't want to send me the beta if it contains sensitive information or whatever but if it is at risk of being unstable or brick my router I really don't care.
Hope it isn't a legal issue that you can't send me the beta img.

Thanks for reading this,
Have a nice day!

Welcome to the forum!

We don't have a release that we can give out publicly yet I'm afraid, we're still working on it! 

2 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Welcome to the forum!

We don't have a release that we can give out publicly yet I'm afraid, we're still working on it! 

Sorry, forgot the link!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4mwe5sx81gsc129/XR500-V2.3.2.114-DumaOS3.0.203.img?dl=0

Like is shown above, you guys were giving out unreleased firmware which I like to request, i did not ask if it the beta was publicly available.
If the other could be given out while being unreleased I would like the same for xr300

Or at least tell me why that is not possible and also give me a straight answer to these following questions.

Why can't you give me a beta build that supports vpn(while other user got unreleased firmware) and will it be possible within a month? becaues if not that really is no problem, I just need to know because that way I can buy the other XR! else I will wait a month for nothing!

Don't let me wait, just need some answers and not the ol razzle dazzle soonTM answer

• Administrators
1 hour ago, JimmyJimmy said:

Sorry, forgot the link!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4mwe5sx81gsc129/XR500-V2.3.2.114-DumaOS3.0.203.img?dl=0

Like is shown above, you guys were giving out unreleased firmware which I like to request, i did not ask if it the beta was publicly available.
If the other could be given out while being unreleased I would like the same for xr300

Or at least tell me why that is not possible and also give me a straight answer to these following questions.

Why can't you give me a beta build that supports vpn(while other user got unreleased firmware) and will it be possible within a month? becaues if not that really is no problem, I just need to know because that way I can buy the other XR! else I will wait a month for nothing!

Don't let me wait, just need some answers and not the ol razzle dazzle soonTM answer

While not officially released that firmware had been fully tested and was linked by the XR500 lead. We do not have a finished developed firmware to provide you with. Features that make it on to the router is up to Netgear. I couldn't give an estimate at the moment. 

1 hour ago, hurricane1984 said:

Im running the newest V2.3.2.114 update but now i cannot make the circle bigger in the geo-filter anymore.. Is this an bug or is it intended? 

I've not heard of that issue at all, did you factory reset after upgrading? What happens when you try to make the circle bigger?