ANNOUNCEMENT: DUMAOS 3.0 IS HERE

• Administrators
16 hours ago, AI_EXREYFOX said:

Still in beta, for how longer..

Until we're confident that it is suitable for public release.

8 hours ago, Striker said:

Hi Fraser, can I have access to the R1 3.0 beta, please?

You now have access, enjoy!

6 hours ago, Rico said:

Hi

Can I have access to the R1 3.0?

Hey, welcome to the forum!

You now have access, enjoy!

I am very sad that the router beta is not available for XR700
I paid a large mount , and I do not know why I did not get the appropriate services,why ?
everyday i login to netduma forum and nothing come why ?
I am very sad

8 hours ago, aboodi said:

I am very sad that the router beta is not available for XR700
I paid a large mount , and I do not know why I did not get the appropriate services,why ?
everyday i login to netduma forum and nothing come why ?
I am very sad

It will be coming but it appeared on the XR500 first probably due to that being the most popular router within the range and as such makes it a good starting point. 
The good news is that any bugs found in the beta should be fixed in the XR700 so hopefully you get a good experience when it’s released.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

As above! I understand your frustration but you didn't pay for 3.0 as that wasn't around at that time so you are getting it for free but it does take time.

Hello there,

While i'm both happy and excited for DumaOS 3.0, i don't really feel like a reply suggesting that we should be happy because we get this "free" update is appropriate.

Atleast not in my case and let me explain why. So when i first was looking for a router i got my attention to the XR700 because of the R-Apps which was advertised and it would be as easy as installing an app on a smartphone. And this has never been available to the XR700, and it seems it will only be available in DumaOS 3.0 and up. So while we technically didn't pay for DumaOS 3.0 we did pay for the R-Apps feature, atleast in my case. If we didn't get the DumaOS 3.0 it would be classified as false advertisement.

I really hope i don't sound like a douche here but that's just my thoughts. I've seen you reply like this several times and i don't agree that's all :).

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

As above! I understand your frustration but you didn't pay for 3.0 as that wasn't around at that time so you are getting it for free but it does take time.

Fraser, that is not a good response and completely insulting to your customers including me.   Many of us have been anxiously waiting for 3.0 because Netgear and Netduma chose to work on 3.0 instead of fixing serious issues within 1.0. 

It is true that we did not pay for 3.0, but we also didn't pay to have constant DHCP issues on the Netduma software that constantly interrupts my kids zoom meetings and my business meetings.  We also aren't getting refunds when we have to buy another router to use until the software issues are resolved.  

Edited by UK_Wildcats_Fans
version 1.0 not 2.0

42 minutes ago, UK_Wildcats_Fans said:

Fraser, that is not a good response and completely insulting to your customers including me.   Many of us have been anxiously waiting for 3.0 because Netgear and Netduma chose to work on 3.0 instead of fixing serious issues within 2.0. 

It is true that we did not pay for 3.0, but we also didn't pay to have constant DHCP issues on the Netduma software that constantly interrupts my kids zoom meetings and my business meetings.  We also aren't getting refunds when we have to buy another router to use until the software issues are resolved.  

Where is 2.0 can you link me please?

• Administrators

I agree, you didn't pay to get that issue and in theory you don't need 3.0 to get a fix for that either as it is a Netgear issue. It's been so long now that I'm now talking to one of the NG leads for this specific issue to try and get them to put a fix out. Sorry if what I said came out a little harsh, being asked each day where firmware is, it gets a little hard to reword the same response over and over. Do people deserve the issues they're getting? Of course not, I can only do so much but I'm not a developer and I can't give people what they want at the moment.

Guest Killhippie

Milestone 1.3 was released in December 2018 as version v2.3.2.40 There has never been a 2.0 ever! It feels like people are just making numbers up now. Oh look im going to download DumaOS v32.456.916! Argh! ;)

1 hour ago, Killhippie said:

Milestone 1.3 was released in December 2018 as version v2.3.2.40 There has never been a 2.0 ever! It feels like people are just making numbers up now. Oh look im going to download DumaOS v32.456.916! Argh! ;)

It was a simple typo, and I have edited my post to correct. The issue is not about the version number, but simply fixing serious issues.  

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I agree, you didn't pay to get that issue and in theory you don't need 3.0 to get a fix for that either as it is a Netgear issue. It's been so long now that I'm now talking to one of the NG leads for this specific issue to try and get them to put a fix out. Sorry if what I said came out a little harsh, being asked each day where firmware is, it gets a little hard to reword the same response over and over. Do people deserve the issues they're getting? Of course not, I can only do so much but I'm not a developer and I can't give people what they want at the moment.

Thank you.  I would be happy to simply have the current version with the DHCP issues fixed.