ANNOUNCEMENT: DUMAOS 3.0 IS HERE

Nope, this is the worst firmware i ever tested: 

I flashed, reset defaults and put settings again and this is the result. With previous firmware i got much better results. 

do you guys test this before bring this to public or do you let us the consumer test this instead? 

speedtest2.PNG

speedtest3.PNG

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, hurricane1984 said:

I flashed, reset defaults and put settings again and this is the result. With previous firmware i got much better results. 

do you guys test this before bring this to public or do you let us the consumer test this instead? 

Is that the only reason you think it is the worst firmware so far? We've said previously the Ping Under Load needs to be improved - it doesn't mean you will necessarily get those spikes. You also need to adjust QoS to get a better result on that test. Also as we use the Google servers for the ping tests if you have a bad connection to them then it will be reflected there.

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, Comp0za_ said:

which one of them should I install on my XR500?

I have bought the router, and it feels much better, by tge way, if you guys remember me :)

I would recommend the beta .120 version personally as I feel that's the most stable so far

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, betrhlf said:

is there a update for the xr450 beta too?

Yes the same version is available for the 450 - https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/New-Firmware-v2-3-2-120-XR450/td-p/2071197/jump-to/first-unread-message

On 3/28/2021 at 2:24 PM, hurricane1984 said:

Look:

It's on Netduma R2 but I do the same result on XR500 with this firmware, 

Speed test is not very important on "Connection Benchmark", because it's little buggy 

BEFORE SLIDE AND NEVER:

1326873243_proofbench.thumb.png.5064810ef639081467efb41d3a394cdc.png

AFTER WITH SLIDE AND ALWAYS:

1007129023_proofbench2.thumb.png.f64d7f87ba599274be3cab035ea1d758.png

It's very cool ! Enjoy!

3 minutes ago, Kostas83 said:

So the beta .120 for XR500 it’s good? Should I try? Generally with the connect devices works ok or the shows connected devices offline??

do you mean the Device Manager? It is very accurate, if one device is offline you can delete it without any problem

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, Kostas83 said:

So the beta .120 for XR500 it’s good? Should I try? Generally with the connect devices works ok or the shows connected devices offline??

I would recommend so, make sure to do a factory reset after it has completed. We're improving upon that, let us know how it is!

On 3/28/2021 at 2:38 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Is that the only reason you think it is the worst firmware so far? We've said previously the Ping Under Load needs to be improved - it doesn't mean you will necessarily get those spikes. You also need to adjust QoS to get a better result on that test. Also as we use the Google servers for the ping tests if you have a bad connection to them then it will be reflected there.

I had no issues so far so yes, the speed test is still broken for me so its not an upgrade as i had no issues on previous firmware as well. 

I don't use QoS as i don't think i really need it? I only have 5 or 6 devices connected. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, hurricane1984 said:

I had no issues so far so yes, the speed test is still broken for me so its not an upgrade as i had no issues on previous firmware as well. 

I don't use QoS as i don't think i really need it? I only have 5 or 6 devices connected. 

Any device can cause congestion on the network so I would advise to use it. Even a device doing a background update can cause lag spikes.

@Netduma Fraser me waiting for the xr300 beta rigth now -_-

I know its not easy work to do but it seem like your a 1 man doing all the work net duma seriously needs more people on board devloping this its taking way too long.

i been following this since last year and posted nearly 3 months ago and still nothing. Im getting depressed, i dread to think how you must feel 😂.

adp4rm2tg4u11.jpg

8 hours ago, Zevo said:

I know its not easy work to do but it seem like your a 1 man doing all the work net duma seriously needs more people on board devloping this its taking way too long.

i been following this since last year and posted nearly 3 months ago and still nothing. Im getting depressed, i dread to think how you must feel 😂.

adp4rm2tg4u11.jpg

I have had the XR300 but I went back to the retailer, got my money back and bought XR500 instead just for the NetDumaOS 3.0 beta.

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Zevo said:

Haha appreciate the photo!

I'm not a developer so definitely more than me working on it. We've ramped up our team quite a lot within the last 2-3 years so we're definitely moving in the right direction. Don't worry it will be coming!