ANNOUNCEMENT: DUMAOS 3.0 IS HERE

• Administrators
13 hours ago, KronosMarauder said:

FYI, I have extensively tested the BETA (XR700 V1.0.1.34_Dumaos3.0_6and it too still suffers from the pesky DHCP issues.
The latest official release (XR700-V1.0.1.36) does as well. 

NG are actively looking into this as we speak, I kept bringing it up so they released a debug firmware for the XR500 (which has the same issue) with information on how to collect relevant information so hopefully people will send that over so they can fix it.

Happy new year everyone! 

Is readyshare disabled or completely removed from the router? No matter what i do i cannot connect or stream anything in my own network anymore. 

I want to stream movies and music from the router to my smartphone but it doesn't work. Anyone ideas how to make it work again? 

Thnx!

• Administrators
3 hours ago, hurricane1984 said:

Happy new year everyone! 

Is readyshare disabled or completely removed from the router? No matter what i do i cannot connect or stream anything in my own network anymore. 

I want to stream movies and music from the router to my smartphone but it doesn't work. Anyone ideas how to make it work again? 

Thnx!

Happy New Year!

Which router are you talking about specifically? If it is enabled then you'll find them in the router settings under USB Storage. They may be a DLNA server you can download on the phone to access.

18 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Happy New Year!

Which router are you talking about specifically? If it is enabled then you'll find them in the router settings under USB Storage. They may be a DLNA server you can download on the phone to access.

XR500. 

Do i need UPnP to be enabled? I had no problems before but now when i hook up my drive to the USB 3.0 port it doesnt show. 

What DLNA program is that? VLC player should do it as it worked before too.

• Administrators

ReadyShare still is available on the XR500. Is the drive compatible/the right file type for the router to use?

If you want to do it on your phone then search DLNA in the app store and it may have something.

39 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

ReadyShare still is available on the XR500. Is the drive compatible/the right file type for the router to use?

If you want to do it on your phone then search DLNA in the app store and it may have something.

Yes everything is like it should only the router is not working correctly. Its soo slow to read files.. It also loses connection all the time.

Its an simple WD 3 TB drive, nothing special and it should work. In my testing the USB ports are just not usable at all.. I also tried with an USB stick and same results..

When i plug them in to my TV or PC everything works fine. Conclusion, the USB ports on the router don't work at all. 

6 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Is it one of the models listed here for XR500? If not then there is a chance it won't work: https://kb.netgear.com/18985/Will-my-USB-drive-work-with-ReadySHARE

Nope, mine is different but it shouldn't matter. The WD drives are all the same so it shouldn't matter. When i hook the USB stick or the HDD drive to the USB port it turns on and i can see the drive in my network but its sooo slow and netgear doesn't support ready share anymore as its not even in their new Android app :( 

Man, i really hate it when these simple things just become an nightmare simply because of the fact that firmware or the router doesn't seem to support it.. 

The only way seems to install Twonky server again and acces it from there.. But that means that my PC has to be online all the time if i want to access the files.. 

I just want to insert my HDD drive to the router and make it work.. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, hurricane1984 said:

Nope, mine is different but it shouldn't matter. The WD drives are all the same so it shouldn't matter. When i hook the USB stick or the HDD drive to the USB port it turns on and i can see the drive in my network but its sooo slow and netgear doesn't support ready share anymore as its not even in their new Android app :( 

Man, i really hate it when these simple things just become an nightmare simply because of the fact that firmware or the router doesn't seem to support it.. 

The only way seems to install Twonky server again and acces it from there.. But that means that my PC has to be online all the time if i want to access the files.. 

I just want to insert my HDD drive to the router and make it work.. 

I don't think ReadyShare was part of their phone app. I'd recommend contacting Netgear directly as it's a NG feature rather than DumaOS so they'd be better to help with this: https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I don't think ReadyShare was part of their phone app. I'd recommend contacting Netgear directly as it's a NG feature rather than DumaOS so they'd be better to help with this: https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Yes it was and it worked before. 

I know its netgear, but i thought i ask here instead. 

I just need an media player instead i think. 

Thnx for the answers! 

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, hurricane1984 said:

Yes it was and it worked before. 

I know its netgear, but i thought i ask here instead. 

I just need an media player instead i think. 

Thnx for the answers! 

I haven't specifically used the media/readyshare aspect for a long time and don't have the capacity to do so currently so I couldn't say, likely you do need a DLNA app that can connect to it.

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, Adollars said:

I need help here I just bought an xr300 and I'm not taken to a dumaos setup wizard at all when setting up the router. Is there a working version of Dumaos for xr300??

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. What happens when you go to 192.168.1.1 or routerlogin.net in the web browser?

Hey there, first off let me say, I love the UI, I've been using an XR500 for a few months now and have enjoyed the ease of use, however, I've recently had an issue where I cannot use any wireless devices to connect to WebUIs running on wired devices, I found This post which I believe to be the same issue and am hoping to ask whether the current beta firmware fixes that or should I just hold out?

• Administrators
11 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Hey there, first off let me say, I love the UI, I've been using an XR500 for a few months now and have enjoyed the ease of use, however, I've recently had an issue where I cannot use any wireless devices to connect to WebUIs running on wired devices, I found This post which I believe to be the same issue and am hoping to ask whether the current beta firmware fixes that or should I just hold out?

I don't think there is anything in the current beta build which would help but please do try it and if it doesn't work then let us know and we can investigate further https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/bd-p/en-home-beta-npg-duma

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, santa78 said:

Hi Frazer, the auto remove for the old device on the DHCP il available on the DumaOS Beta 3 for XR700 ?

Yes the 'Delete offline devices' option will be available on the beta, just go to the Device Manager menu and you can do it there.

Ok thanks ;)

I will wait for the next version of the beta XR700, I am following the news feed on the netgear forum and there are still too many small problems for the moment.

Soon I hope that we will have the firmware in final version 🤩

• Administrators
44 minutes ago, santa78 said:

Ok thanks ;)

I will wait for the next version of the beta XR700, I am following the news feed on the netgear forum and there are still too many small problems for the moment.

Soon I hope that we will have the firmware in final version 🤩

Not everyone will have issues so I wouldn't always base it on what other people are seeing.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, santa78 said:

HI @Netduma Fraseri have another question, the vpn option is working on the beta ?

Because i want use the vpn for xbox

Yes Hybrid VPN should be working fine on the beta. Keep in mind you need a separate VPN subscription from a VPN provider to use it - one that supports OpenVPN.

On 1/3/2021 at 10:53 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I don't think there is anything in the current beta build which would help but please do try it and if it doesn't work then let us know and we can investigate further https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/bd-p/en-home-beta-npg-duma

Brilliant, apologies for the late response, but updating indeed fixed it, I've no idea if it was a coincidence or something just clicked but going from the stock build to the beta build has completely eliminated the hangtime from WebUI's thank you, I'm excited to test out some new features :)

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, Killerjerick said:

Brilliant, apologies for the late response, but updating indeed fixed it, I've no idea if it was a coincidence or something just clicked but going from the stock build to the beta build has completely eliminated the hangtime from WebUI's thank you, I'm excited to test out some new features :)

That is great to hear, thank you for the update!

• 2 weeks later...

@Netduma Fraser hi, iv been back and forth on this forum since the beginning of last year keeping and eye on the grogress patiently waiting I appreciate your hard work and dedication but could we please give the xr300 a push into the beta please 😢