XR500 Firmware version 2.3.2.56 released.

Guest Killhippie

Also NG is doing beta 3.0 over on there forums. One could ask the forums moderators there to see if they can get you access. I don't know the criteria of them giving all users access. I presume it maybe limited for now. So don't be too upset if you don't get access. 

9 hours ago, e38BimmerFN said:

For those complaining about FW updates and releases, I recommend that you all post over on NG forum site or contact NG directly. Posting here is fine and all but it's not going to make any difference as NetDuma is not responsible for FW releases and pushing FW on NG products. NetDuma is only a 3rd party developer for NG and NetDuma has to follow what NG puts forth in there FW updates and release schedules. Posting here about is really wasting time. Go to the company responsible and post your concerns about it there. Stop placing blame with the wrong company. 

You know I respect your input and opinions :),  but I do have to respectfully disagree here to at least a small degree.  Netgear controls the release but they also need something to release since they are not making the software for these routers. Netduma absolutely (at minimum) shares some fault here. (by here I mean both the current wait on 3.0 along with little to no updates to 2.* on the XR500)

I fully agree with your sentiments in regards to beta. 

Thats fine however NG still controls what goes on with there model routers, NetDuma does not. Even with other NG non XR routers and other non NG mfr routers, router mfrs of today have 3rd party FW developers develop and code for certain features for the end resulting FW. I's not up to these 3rd party developers to push FW updates and releases. People and users do not go bother these developers with complaints of not seeing new FW. It's all up to the core router mfr to finally test and push FW updates. I know this as FW developer and tester over the years, seen many different parties involved in FW development and testing. It all comes down to the main mfr of the FW that has the responsibility for there products. No body else. NG is in charge 100%. I will agree that on some level, hold up of new FW can be impacted by the 3rd party developers and thats something no body and change or do anything about. It all comes down to what main mfr does and wants to do. I had first hand experience with one certain D-Link Gaming router which part was developed by Qualcomm. What a roller coaster ride that was. Ended up being a bad router unfortunately and the main cause was bad FW development on the part of Qualcomm. Again, D-link was responsible for what happened and took the black eye for it.

Again, People need to stop badgering NetDuma about NG FW. If you have a NetDuma router, then of course, Netduma is responsible for there router and product and FW udpates for there products. Netgear isn't responsible for NetDuma FW updates as NG doesn't have anything do with NetDuma products. I don't complain to NG for my NetDuma routers not getting FW updates or NetDuma FW not working right. Netgear is solely responsible for what happens for there products. You bought a Neargear product not a NetDuma product. Yes I have a XR450, been happy with my purchase. Haven't had issues with it. Disabled the wifi does on it and installed Orbi AX behind the XR router for better wifi. Even with the XRs wifi running, having two EX700s connected makes a great wifi system and coverage for my home and needs. Been a solid system. I am looking foward to FW 3.0 for it. I can be patient too. All good things comes to those who wait. 

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

Hi folks,

Just to let you know that it won't be long until the XR500 beta transitions into an open beta. I can't give you an exact date, but I know that's the plan.

Hello there, I thought the XR500 DumaOS 3.0 beta was already an open one?  http://www.netgearinnovation.com/dumaos-beta/ 

Apologies if I misunderstood something. I downloaded the beta file from the Netgear forums and so far so good, haven't encountered any issues.

• Administrators
23 hours ago, Kris said:

Hello there, I thought the XR500 DumaOS 3.0 beta was already an open one?  http://www.netgearinnovation.com/dumaos-beta/ 

Apologies if I misunderstood something. I downloaded the beta file from the Netgear forums and so far so good, haven't encountered any issues.

Yes it is in open beta already. I clarified with Alex and he was referring to the XR700. Glad you haven't had any issues so far!

• Administrators
3 hours ago, crunkjuice1 said:

How good is the XR700 beta getting at it’s growing pains compared to what looked as a flop of a open beta on the XR500?

Everything we learn from the XR500 beta can be applied to the XR700 so it should be in a good state when available.

Hi, i've update to the beta this evening and i've gone to add device in geo filter section.

A friend of mine gets the option to manually add details when selecting PS4 however I just get a list of games none of which are Call of Duty; Modern Warfare/Warzone?

Any ideas why mind would be different?

I did reset the router after the update

• Administrators
50 minutes ago, arky_4 said:

Hi, i've update to the beta this evening and i've gone to add device in geo filter section.

A friend of mine gets the option to manually add details when selecting PS4 however I just get a list of games none of which are Call of Duty; Modern Warfare/Warzone?

Any ideas why mind would be different?

I did reset the router after the update

In the Device Manager give the device the PlayStation device type, then re-add it to the Geo-Filter and select the manual option. For beta queries/issues please post on the Netgear beta community.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
52 minutes ago, AI_EXREYFOX said:

What the update for xr500 ver.2.3.2.66 is only for wifi security fixes, and what about a bug on vlan not work with qos on uploud side

That will come in 3.0, the beta is here, it should be better in that regard: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/bd-p/en-home-beta-npg-duma

• Administrators
17 hours ago, Pioratika said:

Hi I need to know what the latest version of firmware is Xr500 (dumaOs)

The latest 2.0 update is available here - .66: https://kb.netgear.com/000062461/XR500-Firmware-Version-2-3-2-66

The latest 3.0 beta update is available here - .104: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/Latest-firmware-download/td-p/1976833

I just updated to 2.3.2.66 after a few months ago having a terrible experience with the 3.0 beta on my XR500... but right now on the 2.3.2.66 firmware, it won’t load my profiles. Also, most everything I click in the GUI gives me this error:

2BC81468-473F-49D2-9567-85A0BC0C13AE.jpeg

• Administrators
8 hours ago, xG3orG3x said:

I just updated to 2.3.2.66 after a few months ago having a terrible experience with the 3.0 beta on my XR500... but right now on the 2.3.2.66 firmware, it won’t load my profiles. Also, most everything I click in the GUI gives me this error:

What profiles are you referring to? In System Information in the Rapp panel options change the number of retries to 5 instead of 3 and reboot the router. See if it loads correctly then. Would also suggest doing a factory reset if you haven't already as there may be remnants of 3.0 left causing issues.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
1 hour ago, GTRAddict said:

Do they even care to update this router? Wish I returned it in time, disappointing it cant do the simplest of things

Absolutely, there is a .66 version for security updates and we're working on 3.0 which you can try in beta right now: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/bd-p/en-home-beta-npg-duma

• 3 weeks later...

So far so good running the XR500 Beta DUMA OS 3.0,   The Network Benchmark is a little buggy and sometimes does not work,  And for some reason it will run really slow and on the CPU graph it only shows 1 CPU and it will be maxed at 100%,   Sometime requires a reboot,  Other then that, Im really liking the layout so far! 

• Administrators
On 12/11/2020 at 4:51 AM, IGotzPotatoAim said:

So far so good running the XR500 Beta DUMA OS 3.0,   The Network Benchmark is a little buggy and sometimes does not work,  And for some reason it will run really slow and on the CPU graph it only shows 1 CPU and it will be maxed at 100%,   Sometime requires a reboot,  Other then that, Im really liking the layout so far! 

Thank you for the feedback! Could you expand on the benchmark issues? By slow are you referring to the interface?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2020 at 3:52 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Thank you for the feedback! Could you expand on the benchmark issues? By slow are you referring to the interface?

Where can I get the 3.0 beta update for my XR450?