iAmMoDBoX

so I assume by this you mean 6183 is ok to use with Duma without any issues?

No I mean he hasn't tried any other modem except for the 6183 and claims it's the best with no issues... But he doesn't know if he has issues cause he hasn't tried anything else. Basically just a troll who's here to disagree with whatever anyone here says. Pay no attention to him.

No I mean he hasn't tried any other modem except for the 6183 and claims it's the best with no issues... But he doesn't know if he has issues cause he hasn't tried anything else. Basically just a troll who's here to disagree with whatever anyone here says. Pay no attention to him.

He is not a troll or claims the 6183 is the best. You are the only person here saying one modem is the absolute best. All he is saying is that he uses the 6183 with good results, that's all. I don't know why you have a deal with any one stating that they are having good results using other modems with the R1.

I think we are all here trying to help fellow users, no one is a troll here. We are just disagreeing due are OWN experiences.

Maybe most that are in the compatible list are used by uk isp's possibly?

It's got nothing to do with modems frequently used in the UK, most UK ISPs don't even provide a modem. They provide useless all-in-one hubs which we often replace ourselves.

And most of the 'Best' list are not UK specific modems either, I've never even known anyone that had any of them in the UK.

Mod Box do you think the title should be renamed to low latency modems and point out the others have either the puma 6 CPU or another bad chipset to stop the confusion?

I have pointed so many people to the article you posted Z about the Puma chipset and the issues with it.

And the thing is pinned for all to see but people continue to either A... ignore it or  B...don't believe it.

It's to bad when MoD is just trying to give people the heads up and share his experience with all the modems he's used and the issues he's had with said modems.

It would be screwed up to have to lock this HELP thread due to people getting out of hand...it's a helpful thread to most from a legit guy sharing his experiences and trying to help others...SMH

I have pointed so many people to the article you posted Z about the Puma chipset and the issues with it.

And the thing is pinned for all to see but people continue to either A... ignore it or B...don't believe it.

It's to bad when MoD is just trying to give people the heads up and share his experience with all the modems he's used and the issues he's had with said modems.

It would be screwed up to have to lock this HELP thread due to people getting out of hand...it's a helpful thread to most from a legit guy sharing his experiences and trying to help others...SMH

Hmm I am pretty sure everyone for the most part is doing that exact same thing, sharing their OWN experiences with modems they have used with the R1. No reason to lock this thread, it got heated there for awhile but has since calmed down except for some recent name calling.

It is bad when there other honest R1 owners trying to help out but since they are not part of the good ole boys club their opinion is quickly shunned and don't know what they are talking about.

At the end of the day even though the 7610 did not work out for me i still recommend it to other users. Because i am the minority and not ignorant of the fact something could have been a miss when i tested.

You have to realize if a potential buyer is considering buying the R1 and sees this thread stating only 5 modems work with it. They may not buy it, actually if i saw this that before i purchased mine, i never would have.

Also the fact some people don't have money to buy a new modem even if it is only $40.

I agree the puma modems are junk and would not ever buy one but lets try and help the users if they are stuck with one.

Right now I'm using the Motorola mb7220 with real good results but have yet to post any data because the good ole boy club would say i don't know what I'm talking about and that right there is sad. Especially since no one here knows my technical or gaming background.

Yes I have used the SB 6183 which is a Broadcom based modem with the R1, it's not a Intel based modem! I have used Motorola's SB 6121 and 6180 which are TI based modems, not Intel. The SB 6121 is a 4x4 and the 6183 is a 8x4. The 6183 is 16x4. I now have a Motorola MB 7420 which is also a 16x4 modem. Works just fine with the R1. 

The following Arris Intel based modems in the "bad" list are

SB6190

TG1672G

TM1602

TG2492LG

I would not recommend any modem that in Intel based. 

Isn't 6183 in the incompatible list, have you used with the netduma before?

The only modem on your good list that my isp is compatible with is the zoom 5341j I am wondering if this is any good or if anyone has experience with it. Also I have as arris 6141 and wondering if that's a deal breaker or if anyone has had any sort of success with that modem . I have just recently bought and received my netduma router and it is mainly

To play destiny ! Thanks in advance

The only modem on your good list that my isp is compatible with is the zoom 5341j I am wondering if this is any good or if anyone has experience with it. Also I have as arris 6141 and wondering if that's a deal breaker or if anyone has had any sort of success with that modem . I have just recently bought and received my netduma router and it is mainly

To play destiny ! Thanks in advance

It's a solid modem. Just curious who is your ISP?

I had the 6141 and it was a world of problems. I wouldn't use anything that's Arris/Motorola.

It is midcontinent communications the only

Cable service provider in my area as of now . So I will see how everything works but I just bought it off amazon not knowing it wasn't compatible with the netduma router my internet will be cOnnected tomorrow because I switched from dsl to cable . So my only option on your list that my

ISP says is ok is the zoom 5341j

They are not that expensive on amazon looking between 30-40 dollars but it sucks that I would have to return my brand new modem

It's worth it, sell the sb6141 for the price of the new one to someone else. Craigslist or ebay it

• 2 weeks later...

What makes the TC 7610 more favorable over the TC 7620. I currently have the 7610 and it's amazing for gaming, TWC/Spectrum 60 down and 5 up. WOW internet is now in my area and offering speeds up to 1 gig. I'm going with the 500 down and 50 up package but I'm going to need a modem that can handle that speed. I like the 7610 and want to move up to the 7620 but there aren't any high speed modems in the "good" list. Can anyone help out? I'm also from the Midwest United States.

What makes the TC 7610 more favorable over the TC 7620. I currently have the 7610 and it's amazing for gaming, TWC/Spectrum 60 down and 5 up. WOW internet is now in my area and offering speeds up to 1 gig. I'm going with the 500 down and 50 up package but I'm going to need a modem that can handle that speed. I like the 7610 and want to move up to the 7620 but there aren't any high speed modems in the "good" list. Can anyone help out? I'm also from the Midwest United States.

THE_DEAD_POOL, on 20 Jul 2017 - 06:13 AM, said:

I came across a Netgear CM600 for $60. It is 24x8 which would also work if your ISP supports it. So far I have not noticed much of a difference in performance between the CM600 and the TP-Link TC-7610 compatibility wise with the Netduma R1. Modem Levels, Speeds, gameplay, Netduma Features, Bufferbloat, Puma 6 test, Jitter, and Pings are pretty much identical between the two. The main difference is with the CM600, I can consistently lock in to channels in the 800hz frequency range. The TP-Link seemed to have a hard time getting out of the 900hz range. The CM600 is a bit of overkill for my current internet plan (150/10), but for the price I figured I would try it out. It is rated up to 960Mbps.

The CM600 also runs the Broadcom chipset. They usually run around $100, but I got lucky on craigs and found mine for $60."

I quoted another user dead pool for you

THE_DEAD_POOL, on 20 Jul 2017 - 06:13 AM, said:

I came across a Netgear CM600 for $60. It is 24x8 which would also work if your ISP supports it. So far I have not noticed much of a difference in performance between the CM600 and the TP-Link TC-7610 compatibility wise with the Netduma R1. Modem Levels, Speeds, gameplay, Netduma Features, Bufferbloat, Puma 6 test, Jitter, and Pings are pretty much identical between the two. The main difference is with the CM600, I can consistently lock in to channels in the 800hz frequency range. The TP-Link seemed to have a hard time getting out of the 900hz range. The CM600 is a bit of overkill for my current internet plan (150/10), but for the price I figured I would try it out. It is rated up to 960Mbps.

The CM600 also runs the Broadcom chipset. They usually run around $100, but I got lucky on craigs and found mine for $60."

I quoted another user dead pool for you

I have since upgraded my internet package to 300/30 (megs down/megs up). So at the moment I am running the CM600 (24x8). You could check out the CM600 if your ISP supports it.  I thought I heard the TC-7620 (16x4) had issues, but I cannot confirm that. 

I think the biggest thing to avoid will be any modems that run an Intel Puma Chipset. Broadcom chips are the way to go.

Alright so I have been busy working and taking care of lifes tasks and apparently on August 6 Spectrum updated the software to my Arris SB6190 from 9.1.93N to 9.1.93V

This is the latest update to the software and should take care of the random spikes that they were working on in the first place as each update got better.

I will be testing things out and post back.

UPDATE: All seems to be fixed as far as the random huge ping spikes 150-200ms every 30seconds to a minute that version N still had.

DSLR puma test is better than the double rows of red with multiple X's now it just has one row with no more than 4 X's.

I do not know how they perform this test but it is better than all other tests on version N.

Ping Plotter tests were 10 minutes and passed with flying colors.

You can remove Arris SB6190 from the bad to good list now.

Alright so I have been busy working and taking care of lifes tasks and apparently on August 6 Spectrum updated the software to my Arris SB6190 from 9.1.93N to 9.1.93V

This is the latest update to the software and should take care of the random spikes that they were working on in the first place as each update got better.

I will be testing things out and post back.

UPDATE: All seems to be fixed as far as the random huge ping spikes 150-200ms every 30seconds to a minute that version N still had.

DSLR puma test is better than the double rows of red with multiple X's now it just has one row with no more than 4 X's.

I do not know how they perform this test but it is better than all other tests on version N.

Ping Plotter tests were 10 minutes and passed with flying colors.

You can remove Arris SB6190 from the bad to good list now.

The firmware updates are only a cosmetic fix and not an actual fix.  No updates to these modems firmware can fix the actual underlying issue of latency they suffer from.

kind regards

The firmware updates are only a cosmetic fix and not an actual fix.  No updates to these modems firmware can fix the actual underlying issue of latency they suffer from.

kind regards

My ping plotter tests say otherwise, I know because I would see the huge spike when I had the previous software versions.

I wouldnt call it cosmetic since it actually fixed the high ping spikes.

Yeah it will always stay on the bad list, along with every other modem that has an Intel Puma 6 chip. I don't care what updates they do or what tests people run, the chip sucks and I will not encourage anyone to buy garbage. Besides that it's made by Arris, which has a bad enough track record with me.

My ping plotter tests say otherwise, I know because I would see the huge spike when I had the previous software versions.

I wouldnt call it cosmetic since it actually fixed the high ping spikes.

I would call it cosmetic. I would know.

You have your Pingplotter set for ICMP.. This is a mistake.. It needs to be set for TCP. AIm it at google.com and set the interval for 0.05... And the spike will be very clear indeed..

You see... There is no Intel Puma, 5,6 or 7 that has been fixed in any country in the world on any ISP..

The press looks to me for updates on this matter. So I can be considered a verifiable reference.

For gaming, EVERY MODEM ON THIS LIST SHOULD BE CONSIDERED CRAP UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. http://badmodems.com/Forum/app.php/badmodems

I have a web site and it has a "is it fixed" link I will update once a version of firmware is available that might, or might not, fix the issue. http://badmodems.com/

This video shows the most recent firmware and has TCP and ICMP pingplotters running at the same time.