DumaOS Announcement: Development Progress & Testing

Netduma Luke

A dev's life is a nightmare.  Provide an update, and get swarmed with additional requests for updates.  Fact of the matter is: it will be done WHEN it's done.

They missed "fall 2016" deadline by 9 months. OK that in it self is not a problem. But they used that fall release as justification for not working on existing firmware, because all those improvements will supposedly be in the new firmware. But now the new firmware is nowhere to be seen, and state of old firmware is making many users unhappy.

+1000

They missed "fall 2016" deadline by 9 months. OK that in it self is not a problem. But they used that fall release as justification for not working on existing firmware, because all those improvements will supposedly be in the new firmware. But now the new firmware is nowhere to be seen, and state of old firmware is making many users unhappy.

Honestly, the lack of respect for customers is pretty disgraceful at this point.

No update for weeks or months as a time.

Updates are vague when they are given.

Timeline originally given has not only been binned, we're basically in 'guess how many sweets are in the jar' time now.

The fanboyism around here is also a disgrace.  When a company you've invested in promises then doesn't deliver, they should be held to account. I'm sure most people here would be 'early adopters', without us paying well over £100 for your router you wouldn't be developing anything, so have some respect for the people who've supported you and helped you get this far and provide regular updates linked to a viable timeline.

A dev's life is a nightmare.  Provide an update, and get swarmed with additional requests for updates.  Fact of the matter is: it will be done WHEN it's done.

I'm just like all of you, waiting for when it will be released.  Since we can't force it, all you can do is try to be patient.  All they can do is try to get it done ASAP, without having to answer every post about when it'll be done.  And so we are where we are.

Chill out, maybe go get a breath of fresh air.  It'll be good for yours (and their) health and well being ;) .

That's not patronizing in any way, and dont let anyone say it is.

Fact is, people will never stop complaining about why duma OS isn't out, or updates,it doesn't matter how nicely or not you ask for them to refrain from using negative comments about it, eventually it'll continue surfacing.

I don't think that firmware delays should be considered a lack of respect. That's a bit much.

Firmware + bugs = delays. That's the nature of the beast. It's been delayed and will be released when it's ready to be released.

I'm not part of the development so I have no other information on it. I just thought I'd respond because otherwise people will take a lack of response to mean something.

Held to account? Like public flogging?

Or should they create and provide the new firmware free of charge? oh wait...

It's the lack of basic communication that's the problem, and yes I do so this as a lack of respect, along with the 'it'll be ready when it's ready' mentality.

My point here is, a timeline was given, the timeline was stretched, then abandoned, and all we get is it's because of 'bugs'. Not all of here are tech people, explain what the problems are, tell us what you're planning to do.  I don't buy into 'it's the nature of the beast' at all, I'm sorry, it's just not good enough.

As for holding to account, we should all be holding the devs to account. We bought a product, invested in it as early adopters, we were promised firmware updates and support.  The argument that the firmware is free and we shouldn't complain is apathetic at best.  I understand that you're a mod, but honestly, the devs are letting you down by allowing you to stand in the firing line.

Ok, Before this all spirals out of hand again, There are no current updates or information to report. If there were you can rest assured they would have been published here. 

When there is something to report I can assure you that it will be published in this thread and on Twitter.

If this desends into name calling or baiting again the offending posts will be removed and warnings will be issued. 

Everybody is looking forward to the release of OS2. But you cannot release something that isn't fit for purpose or this place would go into melt down.

Personally for me and many other users the current software does exactly what it says it does.

If you have an issue please please please, start a support thread and I am sure people will help you sort out your issue.

If it is just that you are frustrated by the delay of the updated OS then please read the first 2 lines of this post again.

Many thanks REV, 

How long since the last update? How hard would it be to provide a weekly post that says 'this is what we've done, these are the problems, this is what we're working on'?

No name calling or baiting from me, I like many people here am very frustrating at having the carrot dangled, and then see it moving further away over time. I've read the first 2 lines of your post, I'm still frustrated, your reply doesn't deal with the issue at hand at all.  I'm sure you're just as frustrated at having to trot out the same reply to people asking?

Fact is, people will never stop complaining about why duma OS isn't out, or updates,it doesn't matter how nicely or not you ask for them to refrain from using negative comments about it, eventually it'll continue surfacing.

You're right, and there's a reason people won't stop complaining, because they're frustrated.

I'm not alone here, go back through the 28 pages of this thread, there's countless complaints from many different people, Mod's are firefighting, whilst devs are on radio silence.

This same exact thing happened to the entire iOS jailbreaking community and now what do we have? Everyone quit, works for Apple or other tech companies... And jailbreak exploits are being sold to Apple in a bug bounty program because people are more inclined to report the bug to Apple and collect their money rather than release a jailbreak for billions of people to use and complain about like whiny kids.

I have seen the same thing on Android.  Software Developers create their own ROM and share it out of goodwill.  They then have to spend lots of their own time helping others and getting negative responses forcing many to stop sharing.