DumaOS Announcement: Development Progress & Testing

Netduma Luke

Going forward, I think the mods should just moderate this thread better.  I feel when you delete post unless they are personal attacks makes people think someone is hiding something.  Just IMHO though.

Not sure anything has been deleted, some stuff got moved to the 'technical' thread though.

Going forward, I think the mods should just moderate this thread better.  I feel when you delete post unless they are personal attacks makes people think someone is hiding something.  Just IMHO though.

We don't like deleting any posts or threads unless they are deserving of it.We all have our opinions about things and are all entitled to express them, good or bad regarding the firmware.

Most of us don't enjoy deleting anything even if it's slightly off topic or slightly negative, but it does become increasingly difficult to keep a thread like this "on topic" as it's a hot button issue with most people and it's 26 pages long and everyone likes to comment in this thread.Sure I (we) could just delete every post that doesn't have to do with 2.0 but there were some problems solved along the way.

So from here on out it'll just be "on topic" as bags said before with regards to the new firmware and any new info.At least let's try to keep it that way for a little while anyway... :D

could we play get an update in which stage of development the os is? we heard nothing for a long time and ians twitter is very quiet aswell :huh:

Shameless Bump because i'm interested in this as well. Also, i can understand there not being one for the sake of "But you guys said it was in the FINAL PHASE!" nonsense. Anyways, got a lot of faith invested into you guys that this new OS will be slick as fuuuuu. I really hope your team is doing well and that your family and loved ones are all in good health and standing. Thanks for everything guys  :D  :D  :D

Not to be super negative, but I would give up on worrying about duma OS all together. We clearly didn't make the March beta like speculated ages ago nor did we make the mark for when it was supposed to be. Whenever and if it releases it will release. For all we know it could be bugs or patents (which can take forever for I'm sure) and if that's the case just give up on this thread and just check back. I'm sure when it's ready it will be posted. Until then we're sitting ducks and getting anxious about this more than we need to as none of us have any clue about the level of testing at besides the few in the closed beta. It is what it is so just crack open a cold one and relax.

Anyhow, as a question to the netduma team though. Is there any way we can get a region or state filter vs a radius or is that just not a doable thing? I'm assuming it would not take much more as the netduma supposedly already knows a general area of where an IP is supposed to be located, but let's be honest, I live in Maine in the USA and I've been given IPS that are related to states as far away as Colorado before. In that case it seems like that would break geofilter if other people in a lobby given IPS to a state within that geo filter range but who are really not actually that close would not work correctly. I think that's another flaw i see in this

If i can make one suggestion, perhaps a burndown chart of progress might help. for those who don't know what it is or how it works, they can google it. 

A burndown chart shows development velocity along with the ability to add new bugs that extend the deadline. That sort of visibility should be transparent enough to keep the haters quiet so you can get on with it without having to waste time on dealing with negative comments. 

for those unfamiliar with software development, this little rhyme should clear it up:

99 little bugs in the code 99 little bugs in the code Take one down, patch it around 117 little bugs in the code

Looks better like this?

If i can make one suggestion, perhaps a burndown chart of progress might help. for those who don't know what it is or how it works, they can google it. 

A burndown chart shows development velocity along with the ability to add new bugs that extend the deadline. That sort of visibility should be transparent enough to keep the customers quiet so you can get on with it without having to waste time on dealing with negative comments. 

• Administrators

Not to be super negative, but I would give up on worrying about duma OS all together. We clearly didn't make the March beta like speculated ages ago nor did we make the mark for when it was supposed to be. Whenever and if it releases it will release. For all we know it could be bugs or patents (which can take forever for I'm sure) and if that's the case just give up on this thread and just check back. I'm sure when it's ready it will be posted. Until then we're sitting ducks and getting anxious about this more than we need to as none of us have any clue about the level of testing at besides the few in the closed beta. It is what it is so just crack open a cold one and relax.

Anyhow, as a question to the netduma team though. Is there any way we can get a region or state filter vs a radius or is that just not a doable thing? I'm assuming it would not take much more as the netduma supposedly already knows a general area of where an IP is supposed to be located, but let's be honest, I live in Maine in the USA and I've been given IPS that are related to states as far away as Colorado before. In that case it seems like that would break geofilter if other people in a lobby given IPS to a state within that geo filter range but who are really not actually that close would not work correctly. I think that's another flaw i see in this

That idea has been suggested before, I think it is possible but may be difficult. 

A burndown chart shows development velocity along with the ability to add new bugs that extend the deadline. That sort of visibility should be transparent enough to keep the haters quiet so you can get on with it without having to waste time on dealing with negative comments. 

for those unfamiliar with software development, this little rhyme should clear it up:

99 little bugs in the code 99 little bugs in the code Take one down, patch it around 117 little bugs in the code

I will see if it's possible, as I know day to day it changes frequently.

Nice little ditty there haha

That idea has been suggested before, I think it is possible but may be difficult.

I will see if it's possible, as I know day to day it changes frequently.

Nice little ditty there haha

Awh I see, I was worried you might say that. It does seem like the easiest way for filtering exactly where you want though. Although it doesn't prove that it will be any better than the existing geofiltering method

:lol:

Awh I see, I was worried you might say that. It does seem like the easiest way for filtering exactly where you want though. Although it doesn't prove that it will be any better than the existing geofiltering method

We'd see a whole lot of threads where people are waiting 30mins for a game. And have ended up forcing some P2P torture upon themselves.

We'd see a whole lot of threads where people are waiting 30mins for a game. And have ended up forcing some P2P torture upon themselves.

Eh well I guess if their connection is strong enough to be a candidate as a host then not so much. Heck even on my adsl2+ connection being host is still an advantage in ghosts and not so bad in bo2 or IW. I tend to find infinity Ward games are big on host advantage where as treyarch are not so much. I guess if this was the case they could then continue to add more states? What I don't understand is when I try to force a connection to a dedicated server with 30ms ping it's crap. However when I let the game connect me to that dedicated server itself the connection feels smoother for some reason. I'm not sure what the deal with that is, I mean sure it's smoother than being connected all the way over to west coast USA but still not as clean as a connection as it could feel. It's almost like the netduma isn't allowing a proper connection balance of players or something. Because I okay call of duty ghosts alot and I find that the game alone does a pretty good job at connections. Altering anything beyond its control sometimes ends up being more of a pain than good. This is both with strict off and on. Before I was getting the nice dedis and it was fairly smooth with no need for the strict but sometimes it just won't use them and I have to force that area. My other problem with being East coast is all the foreign players joining in... God that's miserable. The kids from Canada don't seem to be as big of an issue but the people from the UK connecting over seas it's awful no matter what cod it is, and also the peurto Rican and Mexicans connecting. Basically anyone who might be 2-3 bar in that lobby. That then makes them lag and insant kill me sometimes or knife me from what feels like so far away or they just eat bullets. There's this one guy from Australia I come across and man I swear the games so random when it comes to people connecting far away like that lol

• Administrators

I have an actual question about the OS.

Is it going to be another website we log into or a program we download? What about security and encryption?

Every router interface is accessed using a web browser, ours will be the same. You'll have to be more specific about security & encryption - WiFi? Firewall?

Thanks for replying.

What I meant was if it were a program to be downloaded, what kind of security would it have. You answered it by saying it is a web interface. Thanks again. Are you going to have a mobile friendly version?

Mobile friendly? You can already set the UI to be accessed via wireless, however it is not recommended. I am confused by your inquiry as well. Your questions are not based on any product I am aware of.

My intent is not to stir up trouble. Just being silly.

(October)

Dumanian - "Hey Iain, when is the new update?"

Iain - "Soon"

(November)

Iain - "Soon"

(December)

Iain - "Soon"

(January)

Iain - "Soon"

(February)

Iain - "Soon"

(March)

Iain - "Soon"

(April)

Iain - "Soon"

Dumainian - "

tumblr_majx6jgr1L1r5j6uso1_4001.jpg

"

(May)

Dumanian - "I think we are due for an inconceivable response."

Again,

Please close this thread.

If you have new information on the OS, make a new post about it.

I think if they wanted it closed they would of done so. I have no doubt in my mind about that.

Mobile friendly? You can already set the UI to be accessed via wireless, however it is not recommended. I am confused by your inquiry as well. Your questions are not based on any product I am aware of.

What he means is how iffy it is trying to control the UI from a mobile phone. Sometimes things don't register or load right. I've used chrome for mobile and my preinstalled browser. I feel like an app for netduma would be a great fix for all that though it does take a bit of time and knowledge to develop one and as it is the focus is purely on the duma OS so that probably won't happen unless the netduma team are mostly completely on the new build and have time or they would have to hire someone to build the app for them, which I don't see happening because of cost perhaps? I could be wrong. But it would still be very neat nonetheless.