DumaOS Announcement: Development Progress & Testing

Netduma Luke

If that is happening even when you're in a bot match then that's definitely something on their end, I'm not sure why that would even occur in a bot match at all

Yes, definitely something strange going on. Those icons have been relentless since the last big update (I think that's when they went into overdrive).

If you're only seeing the icons in game but not from proper line tests then don't worry about it.

I contacted @ActivAssist about it because I was seeing the icons in the bots' killcams in a private match (yes, I got killed by a 'recruit' bot. And what!?)

I posted about my chat with Activision here: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/20890-super-laggy-but-nets-fine/ but that is someone's support thread so don't derail it please.

Glad to know its not just on my end then at least its a known issue fingers crossed Activision will look into it (doubt it from their track record) but yeah its certainly odd to have packet loss in a private match playing bots never seen that before this franchise really needs to get its act together its becoming a joke .... I also agree you on the last update part its really gone down hill since then :\ 

Don't forget the 4th kind, the entitled ones that know everything and strut about in forums giving it the big 'I am'. Often these people are this way online because in reality they're so weak they'd get badly hurt trying to put a cover on a duvet. You can usually spot them because they just bitch and moan constantly, post about their own personal 'achievements' and post irrelevant comparisons...

I have always known this guy is a tool, always being hateful and ... Colonicbloom is a .....  he has been a great factor in the decision of my friends not wanting to buy the Netduma, because they think this company and its forum lacks professionality and therefore can't give proper support let alone reaching deadlines, etc. Too bad that people like him, are even allowed on this forum, just read back some of his older reply's it is disgusting.... 

Last year when I had just received my own Netduma r1. I also tried to ask for help here, but I stumbled upon this guy, mister know it all, he knows jack shit. No communication skill whatsoever, a great lack of empathy, and he surely has little to no knowledge about Internet equipment or any hardware in general. 

I have always known this guy is a tool, always being hateful and ... Colonicbloom is a .....  he has been a great factor in the decision of my friends not wanting to buy the Netduma, because they think this company and its forum lacks professionality and therefore can't give proper support let alone reaching deadlines, etc. Too bad that people like him, are even allowed on this forum, just read back some of his older reply's it is disgusting.... 

Last year when I had just received my own Netduma r1. I also tried to ask for help here, but I stumbled upon this guy, mister know it all, he knows jack shit. No communication skill whatsoever, a great lack of empathy, and he surely has little to no knowledge about Internet equipment or any hardware in general. 

No flaming/trolling please, this is an announcement thread.

If you would like to report a grievance relating to me, please make a separate thread about it so as not to derail this topic.

I've been part of this community for 2+ years and the white knights are getting very toxic. I remember when our opinions were respected instead of being treated as facts & than "insulted" for them. Not to mention they are making clearly wrong guys moderators. If I wanted to listen to a bunch of liberals cry I would head over to polygon or WSJ.

To the real CEOs. You keep going down this road with moderators & once your patent has expired and EVERY router manufacturer rips-off what you built & puts in into their product. 

You will be to blame for your company going bankrupt.

Having opened multiple threads and asked one billion questions, whether they be stupid or understandable, I for one have had no issues with any of the folk on here.

Being polite, clear and concise does go a long way and helps you in the long run. Many of the tech guru's on here are outstanding when it comes to trouble shooting

regarding the Duma (Zen is the maaaan). Sometimes trouble shooting an issue can be very frustrating to say the least, but just because you dont receive help as soon

as you want it and then go on to humiliate a product from a small start up company is not going to get you anywhere. 

Finally with regards to DumaOS, lets be honest it is getting on abit now, i know the guys are working hard and what not, but patience is running low as you can see

from this thread. I want a fully polished product, but having said that, if the Netduma team dont follow up with their claims and bugs are still involved when it comes to

release, people are just gonna throw them under the bus. I for one am fortunately patient, but from past experiences on here alot of people aren't. Good luck to the

Netduma team with regards to the DumaOS update, hopefully we'll get to see another teaser soon :)

Regards,

Having opened multiple threads and asked one billion questions, whether they be stupid or understandable, I for one have had no issues with any of the folk on here.

Being polite, clear and concise does go a long way and helps you in the long run. Many of the tech guru's on here are outstanding when it comes to trouble shooting

regarding the Duma (Zen is the maaaan). Sometimes trouble shooting an issue can be very frustrating to say the least, but just because you dont receive help as soon

as you want it and then go on to humiliate a product from a small start up company is not going to get you anywhere. 

Finally with regards to DumaOS, lets be honest it is getting on abit now, i know the guys are working hard and what not, but patience is running low as you can see

from this thread. I want a fully polished product, but having said that, if the Netduma team dont follow up with their claims and bugs are still involved when it comes to

release, people are just gonna throw them under the bus. I for one am fortunately patient, but from past experiences on here alot of people aren't. Good luck to the

Netduma team with regards to the DumaOS update, hopefully we'll get to see another teaser soon :)

Regards,

It's a little team so it takes time to bring the perfect firmware.

Some guys are here just to spit on moderators or admins just because they can't use their router properly.

The community give the maximum to answer and guide ancient and new customers to get their 0 lag experience with tutorials and videos.

But if you come here just to complain or lecture, don't ask any help after that (it's general, not for you).

I agree with Matty. This thread should be about updates only. I think the founders of the product and the community need to take a hard meeting about who they have left in charge on the forum and also about the delays and broken timelines. I work in sales so I completely understand that you can't please everyone. The proper approach to selling a product is mean what you say and say what you mean. If you promise something by a certain day, either make it happen or don't promise.

I actually vote that this thread be closed and no more talk of the OS at all until it is actually a reality because it is completely obvious that it isn't a real product yet. Releasing a couple teaser photos that weren't very different over a course of many months is not the updates of progress that will satisfy the community. Then the mods are left to sort through everything, whether justified or not.

Close this down and come back to us when you are proud of what you have developed.

I agree with Matty. This thread should be about updates only. I think the founders of the product and the community need to take a hard meeting about who they have left in charge on the forum and also about the delays and broken timelines. I work in sales so I completely understand that you can't please everyone. The proper approach to selling a product is mean what you say and say what you mean. If you promise something by a certain day, either make it happen or don't promise.

I actually vote that this thread be closed and no more talk of the OS at all until it is actually a reality because it is completely obvious that it isn't a real product yet. Releasing a couple teaser photos that weren't very different over a course of many months is not the updates of progress that will satisfy the community. Then the mods are left to sort through everything, whether justified or not.

Close this down and come back to us when you are proud of what you have developed.

Flush all messages from the thread but we don't need to close it.

The reason this forum is getting so much attention and off topic comments is because it's the hottest topic in regards to netduma. Many forum members are frustrated with the product and many others are tired of the wait. I think everyone does need to chill out. However I feel as though there could of been a definite quick bug fix in regards to a few things with the netduma OS as it is now and I think that may of kept some people quiet enough till the next installment of Duma is released. One thing I noticed already that's not a major issue is the damn QoS does feel broken sometimes. I say this because it'll say set to 90% I'll go back another time and click on the qos part and it will say it is at 70% which is clearly something I used before and I always click the update section of that specific page. It also doesn't make sense to me why it should be set to be used by a specific browser. Just because netduma team prefers chrome and I do as well, doesn't mean any web UI shouldn't operate the UI of the netduma router just as equally. I feel like that's mainly where a few issues tend to stem from for some reason.

guys this is the only topic to get infos on the new OS right now, stop pushing it to the edge of being locked

It's not as though we've really gotten any news since a small screenshot once which is nothing much different than we've seen previously. Not to be negative or anything but that's all that's happened, oh and people b*tching lol

However I feel as though there could of been a definite quick bug fix in regards to a few things with the netduma OS as it is now and I think that may of kept some people quiet enough till the next installment of Duma is released. One thing I noticed already that's not a major issue is the damn QoS does feel broken sometimes. I say this because it'll say set to 90% I'll go back another time and click on the qos part and it will say it is at 70% which is clearly something I used before and I always click the update section of that specific page. It also doesn't make sense to me why it should be set to be used by a specific browser. Just because netduma team prefers chrome and I do as well, doesn't mean any web UI shouldn't operate the UI of the netduma router just as equally. I feel like that's mainly where a few issues tend to stem from for some reason.

If you want whatever qos settings you make to stick or save remember to reboot the router via the interface, DON'T reboot it by unplugging the power. For some reason certain things don't "save" correctly but doing a reboot via the software should save it correctly. So to make sure any changes you make are more permanent always do a software reboot after they are made. MAC addresses also have issues when saving although that seems to be somewhat tied to the router communication with the modem, I don't think Netduma plays well with surfboard modems, at least not as well as it does with other brands.

If you want whatever qos settings you make to stick or save remember to reboot the router via the interface, DON'T reboot it by unplugging the power. For some reason certain things don't "save" correctly but doing a reboot via the software should save it correctly. So to make sure any changes you make are more permanent always do a software reboot after they are made. MAC addresses also have issues when saving although that seems to be somewhat tied to the router communication with the modem, I don't think Netduma plays well with surfboard modems, at least not as well as it does with other brands.

Yeah that's true, now that you mention it I have noticed that makes things alot more consistent for some reason, I just never thought hard about it because I figured well if I selected to update the distribution then technically the whole thing should save what's been changed. But sometimes it just doesn't. I noticed I was lagging a bit when I noticed it was 70/70 cuz I was playing around with different things trying to keep my buffer bloat good. Why I had issues at 70/70 maybe just have been I didn't set my upload to higher on my Xbox one so after already reducing my 1mbit upload to 70% anything using upload eg my phone or other devices kinda screws me up. I'm pretty sure that saturation on the upload will inherently have an effect on download speeds as well. So the faster I can get my Xbox ones packets out not just via port prioritizing like the hyper lane but also by speed and making sure it's never altered at any point which makes for a consistent connection. I've played around before doing the bandwidth throttling etc during before or after matches and I have to say that usually it will only screw you up more than it does good. So I took that thought into mind when prioritizing the bandwidth. Usually nobody is using much but lately more devices have been added so I'm making sure that I get what I need first and foremost then share whatever I don't use :P

Yeah that's true, now that you mention it I have noticed that makes things alot more consistent for some reason, I just never thought hard about it because I figured well if I selected to update the distribution then technically the whole thing should save what's been changed.

The update to the distribution is applied however it seems to be only temporary or until the device loses power. So to make sure anything sticks or make sure it survives the power going out just reboot the device via the web interface. Oh and the fields where you set the download and upload bandwidth mb/s might also be part of the temporarily save values so keep that in mind.

• Administrators

The reason this forum is getting so much attention and off topic comments is because it's the hottest topic in regards to netduma. Many forum members are frustrated with the product and many others are tired of the wait. I think everyone does need to chill out. However I feel as though there could of been a definite quick bug fix in regards to a few things with the netduma OS as it is now and I think that may of kept some people quiet enough till the next installment of Duma is released. One thing I noticed already that's not a major issue is the damn QoS does feel broken sometimes. I say this because it'll say set to 90% I'll go back another time and click on the qos part and it will say it is at 70% which is clearly something I used before and I always click the update section of that specific page. It also doesn't make sense to me why it should be set to be used by a specific browser. Just because netduma team prefers chrome and I do as well, doesn't mean any web UI shouldn't operate the UI of the netduma router just as equally. I feel like that's mainly where a few issues tend to stem from for some reason.

That makes sense! As soon as development got underway it would take longer to go back and work on the existing firmware to do any bug fixes. That sounds like a browser issue if it's not saving. Multi browser support will occur in DumaOS, we know not everyone uses Chrome

Flush all messages from the thread but we don't need to close it.

Going forward, I think the mods should just moderate this thread better.  I feel when you delete post unless they are personal attacks makes people think someone is hiding something.  Just IMHO though.