Fix for "DumaOS not loaded yet!" (XR500 users only)

• Administrators

Hi everyone,

We had a temporary problem tonight which caused XR500 users to see a white screen which says 'DumaOS not loaded yet'. This is now fixed. You just need to reboot your router and the problem should be gone.

Please post in this thread if this solves your problem as we have developers waiting to make sure this is 100% fixed for all.

If you followed our workaround earlier and downgraded to firmware version 2.3.2.32, you can upgrade back to the latest version (.56) and you should be able to access the interface as per usual. The latest firmware is here: https://kb.netgear.com/000061157/XR500-Firmware-Version-2-3-2-56

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and hope you can all now get back to tinkering your DumaOS :)

• Administrators
Just now, Brainbleach said:

Wowwww and here I thought it was an issue on my end and I manually reloaded the latest firmware using tftp :(

And I had to redo all my settings :(

Sorry to hear that, we do apologise for the inconvenience. Have you followed the above instructions to get back on the .56 firmware? If so, is it working correctly?

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Sorry to hear that, we do apologise for the inconvenience. Have you followed the above instructions to get back on the .56 firmware? If so, is it working correctly?

Yeah I did and i'm up and running on the latest .56 firmware.  I guess I should of checked the forums first before I decided to treat my router like it was bricked.  I appreciate the work you guys do though.

• Administrators
Just now, Brainbleach said:

Yeah I did and i'm up and running on the latest .56 firmware.  I guess I should of checked the forums first before I decided to treat my router like it was bricked.  I appreciate the work you guys do though.

Great to hear that, thank you very much for letting us know so quickly.

49 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hi everyone,

We had a temporary problem tonight which caused XR500 users to see a white screen which says 'DumaOS not loaded yet'. This is now fixed. You just need to reboot your router and the problem should be gone.

Please post in this thread if this solves your problem as we have developers waiting to make sure this is 100% fixed for all.

If you followed our workaround earlier and downgraded to firmware version 2.3.2.32, you can upgrade back to the latest version (.56) and you should be able to access the interface as per usual. The latest firmware is here: https://kb.netgear.com/000061157/XR500-Firmware-Version-2-3-2-56

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and hope you can all now get back to tinkering your DumaOS :)

so are we to take it from this this that some of the features/software arent actually hosted locally and are on your machines as nothing new has been downloaded?

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Tallone said:

so are we to take it from this this that some of the features/software arent actually hosted locally and are on your machines as nothing new has been downloaded?

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Basically we pushed an edit to the default theme of the router which caused the issue and so once we pushed the corrected theme file it fixed the issue. The features are hosted locally but we can push certain things over the internet, themes being one of them.

Unfortunately, my router appears to have been bricked by this.  I went to login to the router and got the "DumaOS not loaded yet" message.  I rebooted the router and it is now stuck with just the ethernet port LEDs on and the power LED.  The wireless is not coming up at all.  I plugged a computer in to a hardwired port and it is not getting any IP address.  I tried doing a factory reset with the button on the back - no change.  When I hold down the reset button for a few seconds, the power LED goes off but the ethernet ports stay lit. 

Any ideas on how to resolve this?  

3 hours ago, api said:

Unfortunately, my router appears to have been bricked by this.  I went to login to the router and got the "DumaOS not loaded yet" message.  I rebooted the router and it is now stuck with just the ethernet port LEDs on and the power LED.  The wireless is not coming up at all.  I plugged a computer in to a hardwired port and it is not getting any IP address.  I tried doing a factory reset with the button on the back - no change.  When I hold down the reset button for a few seconds, the power LED goes off but the ethernet ports stay lit. 

I had follow the instructions on this netgear guide to get my xr500 back up and running correctly.

https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP

Also download the firmware from this link

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/XR500/XR500-V2.3.2.56.zip

4 hours ago, api said:

Sorry about this issue,

It sounds like we might need to fix this problem using TFTP. I will post a link to instructions below, but if you need assistance I can connect to you via teamviewer and do it for you.

https://kb.netgear.com/000059633/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-TFTP-client

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Bert said:

It has fixed the issue for me but broken geofilter and QoS in the process.

Getting some "uncaught unmatched device" error and the pages won't load.

This is an old problem caused from switching between older firmwares and newer ones. Simplest thing is to upgrade to the latest version and then factory reset. It should work then fine. 

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, GazCBG said:

So how can I stop this happening again?
Never known a theme update like this before without a firmware update with other routers

It was an issue with our cloud server which we’ve fixed and put in measures to make sure it won’t happen again. 

9 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

Sorry about this issue,

It sounds like we might need to fix this problem using TFTP. I will post a link to instructions below, but if you need assistance I can connect to you via teamviewer and do it for you.

https://kb.netgear.com/000059633/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-TFTP-client

After using a combination of these steps and the one provided by Brainbleach, I was able to get the TFTP process started.  It didn't indicate any error messages or retransmissions, but the router is still not booting.  It appeared as though it rebooted, but it's still not showing any more than the power LED and Eth1 lit (where my laptop is plugged in).

Any other suggestions?'

UPDATE - I tried both 32 and 56 versions of the firmware.  No change

• Administrators
2 hours ago, BSilverthorn said:

My router now looks like this no matter what PC login in from. Cookies cleared etc...

White screen as well this AM, after the reboot. Not sure what the heck all these Unnamed are now.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

I think it's best if you do a factory reset, this is generally recommended after upgrading to a firmware so may be going from .32 to .56 carried over some legacy issues.

35 minutes ago, api said:

After using a combination of these steps and the one provided by Brainbleach, I was able to get the TFTP process started.  It didn't indicate any error messages or retransmissions, but the router is still not booting.  It appeared as though it rebooted, but it's still not showing any more than the power LED and Eth1 lit (where my laptop is plugged in).

Any other suggestions?

What were the steps you tried exactly before you started the TFTP process? Are you able to connect to the interface using an ethernet cable?

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I think it's best if you do a factory reset, this is generally recommended after upgrading to a firmware so may be going from .32 to .56 carried over some legacy issues.

What were the steps you tried exactly before you started the TFTP process? Are you able to connect to the interface using an ethernet cable?

I have my laptop plugged into Eth1.  I've tried using the TFTP64 GUI client as well as tftp via command line in Windows 10.  

Steps I followed are -

Power router off for >10 seconds.  
Hold down reset button - while holding reset button, power on router and wait until power LED flashes at least 10 times (goes from orange to white).
Release reset button
Start "put" of image file using tftp

I then get the following message - 
"Transfer successful: 35268737 bytes in 29 second(s), 1216163 bytes/s"

I cannot access the interface at all.  I also am not able to ping 192.168.1.1.  

I did not downgrade/upgrade anything prior to rebooting the router.  Basically, I got the "DumaOS not loaded yet" message.  I went to this page - 192.168.1.1/adv_index.htm and was able to access that.  After I was in there, I read that some people were resolving the issue by rebooting the router, so I clicked the Reboot button in the GUI.  I saw it reboot and it never came back after that.

• Administrators

Ahhh I see what might have happened. Can you clear your browser cache/cookies please and then try to access the interface again. If that doesn't work could you do ipconfig in a command prompt window and show me what the gateway address is please?