Fix for "DumaOS not loaded yet!" (XR500 users only)

• 1 month later...

man i am not having any sort of luck with your guys products. so i upgraded from the XR500 to the XR1000 thinking this would eliminate all issues and it was working fine and now all of a sudden it stopped.  been 15 minutes and nothing. the reason is i wanted to see if my printer was connected as i cant printer anything out but my printer is connected to WIFI?? just curious is this normal? did i make a mistake and should have gone with another brand?image.thumb.png.2703b4d12dc4c773f97aaec245dbb1ad.png

• Administrators
13 hours ago, joel82 said:

man i am not having any sort of luck with your guys products. so i upgraded from the XR500 to the XR1000 thinking this would eliminate all issues and it was working fine and now all of a sudden it stopped.  been 15 minutes and nothing. the reason is i wanted to see if my printer was connected as i cant printer anything out but my printer is connected to WIFI?? just curious is this normal? did i make a mistake and should have gone with another brand?

Try accessing using 192.168.1.1 instead, does that work correctly? It's not normal for someone to have so many issues with different routers and usually points to something about their setup causing a conflict

Hello. I can’t access DumaOS on my XR500. I have tried all the ways to access it using tftp and factory resetting but I can’t. I did the RC14 update and when I factory reset it was when this happened to me. Any idea?

• Administrators
13 hours ago, Piterpx said:

Hello. I can’t access DumaOS on my XR500. I have tried all the ways to access it using tftp and factory resetting but I can’t. I did the RC14 update and when I factory reset it was when this happened to me. Any idea?

What are you seeing when trying to access exactly?

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
46 minutes ago, LordZiyad said:

XR 500 stuck in this loop- what steps do I need to take to resolve?

What firmware version are you on? Did you do the reboot as it suggested? If so did you close the tab and wait 4 minutes before accessing? If not please try that

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, LordZiyad said:

I waited the prescribed time and didn’t come up. Did a factory reset and now get a message “ Duma Os not running”.

You'll definitely need a reboot for that. Otherwise, access routerlogin.net/adv_index.htm and re-install the firmware version you're on, close the tab, wait 4 minutes then access. What firmware version are you on?

• Administrators
7 hours ago, LordZiyad said:

Im not sure what version I'm on - I updated to around 4-5 months ago I believe but havent tried to access interface since before today.

I'd suggest using the method above to upgrade to this firmware: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/51611-new-xr500-beta-firmware-33535/ which is the very latest, let us know how you get on.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, LordZiyad said:

It loaded for me last night and It currently states this version below. So now i go ahead and follow the steps from the youtube vid?

image.png.be5f976cd1e180f23ba0cc753abda3bb.png

Follow the steps from the first post in the link above and that'll get you updated to the beta

@Netduma FraserI'm facing the same issue since yesterday. I closed the tab and waited four minutes and it did not work, rebooted the router butit did not work either. I'm on the latest Beta as well, not sure what is causing it suddenly, is there any way to fix it without having to reset the router or reinstall the firmware?

• Administrators
On 12/12/2023 at 3:19 AM, Naresh said:

@Netduma FraserI'm facing the same issue since yesterday. I closed the tab and waited four minutes and it did not work, rebooted the router butit did not work either. I'm on the latest Beta as well, not sure what is causing it suddenly, is there any way to fix it without having to reset the router or reinstall the firmware?

Not really no, generally a reboot will work. If you reinstall the firmware from 192.168.1.1/adv_index.htm you don't need to factory reset after so settings should be preserved

I just wanted to state what helped me (twice now). I have the FW XR500-V2.3.2.134-dumaos33-rc14.img on my XR500 (see https://forum.netduma.com/topic/51611-new-xr500-beta-firmware-33535/ for the FW), normally with Hybrid VPN on. After 2 blackouts (hard restart), the Hybrid VPN menu is not loading. I want to note that if I reset my router in this stage, I will normally get this error and it took me quite some time to restore my XR500 (3 hours in the first run). Also, loading a config with VPN off over …/adv_index.htm is not helping here.

What helped me in the 2nd run: Directly after the error with the Hybrid VPN appeared, I’m downgrading the FW to the INTERMEDIARY_FIRMWARE.img. When doing a factory reset and loading the config without VPN setting, then upgrading the FW to RC14 again and setting up Hybrid VPN again. This took me only 30 min last time.

By the way, are you planning on fixing the bug? I wanted to give the XR500 to a friend of mine when my R3 arrives. But he isn’t a computer scientist like me, so I will install the stable version 2.3.2.134 for him

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, eagleeye2004 said:

I just wanted to state what helped me (twice now). I have the FW XR500-V2.3.2.134-dumaos33-rc14.img on my XR500 (see https://forum.netduma.com/topic/51611-new-xr500-beta-firmware-33535/ for the FW), normally with Hybrid VPN on. After 2 blackouts (hard restart), the Hybrid VPN menu is not loading. I want to note that if I reset my router in this stage, I will normally get this error and it took me quite some time to restore my XR500 (3 hours in the first run). Also, loading a config with VPN off over …/adv_index.htm is not helping here.

What helped me in the 2nd run: Directly after the error with the Hybrid VPN appeared, I’m downgrading the FW to the INTERMEDIARY_FIRMWARE.img. When doing a factory reset and loading the config without VPN setting, then upgrading the FW to RC14 again and setting up Hybrid VPN again. This took me only 30 min last time.

By the way, are you planning on fixing the bug? I wanted to give the XR500 to a friend of mine when my R3 arrives. But he isn’t a computer scientist like me, so I will install the stable version 2.3.2.134 for him

I think the issue is rebooting the router with the VPN enabled, if you disable it before a reboot it should work without error. We're planning to do bug fixes yes

On 12/9/2023 at 3:03 PM, LordZiyad said:

I waited the prescribed time and didn’t come up. Did a factory reset and now get a message “ Duma Os not running”.

Same!