Fix for "DumaOS not loaded yet!" (XR500 users only)

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Clear your browser cache/cookies, make sure there is no adblocker on the web browser and if there is disable/whitelist it for the interface. Any Anti-Virus/Firewall applications on the PC that isn't the built in Windows firewall make sure the interface is whitelisted if it affects the web. 

Then in System Information page in the Rapp panel options change the number of retries to 5 and reboot.

Nope the issue is still there. nothing loads. i just get an error straight away. if i click on another section. i get the error again.

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, Dialatech said:

Nope the issue is still there. nothing loads. i just get an error straight away. if i click on another section. i get the error again.

Can you provide a whole page (including the web browser) screenshot of what you're seeing please?

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Can you provide a whole page (including the web browser) screenshot of what you're seeing please?

Okay so i downloaded the firmware again and flashed it again and then factory reset and ive not had the issue for the last few hours. i will keep an eye on it and report back in a day or so

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, Dialatech said:

Okay so i downloaded the firmware again and flashed it again and then factory reset and ive not had the issue for the last few hours. i will keep an eye on it and report back in a day or so

Great to hear that, thanks for the update, fingers crossed!

I'm not sure if this is an issue or not but i have the geo-filter on filtering mode but when im in game or connecting to a game., i cannot see anyone on the geo-filter map. Ive zoomed all the way out and nothing.

2 hours ago, Dialatech said:

I'm not sure if this is an issue or not but i have the geo-filter on filtering mode but when im in game or connecting to a game., i cannot see anyone on the geo-filter map. Ive zoomed all the way out and nothing.

What game is this in? When searching for a game are you able to see anything on the map? Have you setup Geo-filter for this specific game?

3 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

What game is this in? When searching for a game are you able to see anything on the map? Have you setup Geo-filter for this specific game?

when games load i can see all the servers but then it goes off like normal. but then when im searching for a game in COD,Apex,fifa i get no icons/symbols at all. 

• Administrators
50 minutes ago, Dialatech said:

when games load i can see all the servers but then it goes off like normal. but then when im searching for a game in COD,Apex,fifa i get no icons/symbols at all. 

Can you screenshot the entire Geo-Filter page please? - How did you add the device to the Geo-Filter exactly?

On 12/19/2020 at 3:45 PM, Dialatech said:

i have done a factory reset and the issue is still there. This router was the waste of 250 pound. 

dude, this is not the router, it's that OS that's on it. That's the problem. If I knew about all this BS I would have not bought it either.
I'm paying extra for the high end router so that I don't have to deal with this BS:

Clear your browser cache/cookies, make sure there is no adblocker on the web browser and if there is disable/whitelist it for the interface. Any Anti-Virus/Firewall applications on the PC that isn't the built in Windows firewall make sure the interface is whitelisted if it affects the web. 

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, dc2020 said:

dude, this is not the router, it's that OS that's on it. That's the problem. If I knew about all this BS I would have not bought it either.
I'm paying extra for the high end router so that I don't have to deal with this BS:

Are you having this issue as well?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I have the XR500 and cannot open Duma. Running V2.3.2.66. Tried accessing on both Windows/Mac OS also mobile browser but no joy. Worked fine for a month then nothing for around 5 months bar one day when it came back up. Tried fac reset, power down etc etc multiple times.

I just get the message after it times out that I shouldn't see this page.

Annoying

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, AJP86 said:

Hi I have the XR500 and cannot open Duma. Running V2.3.2.66. Tried accessing on both Windows/Mac OS also mobile browser but no joy. Worked fine for a month then nothing for around 5 months bar one day when it came back up. Tried fac reset, power down etc etc multiple times.

I just get the message after it times out that I shouldn't see this page.

Annoying

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Can you provide a screenshot of the whole web browser please of what it shows when you've tried to access the interface?

12 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Can you provide a screenshot of the whole web browser please of what it shows when you've tried to access the interface?

Yep there we go

Screenshot 2021-01-03 at 00.15.41.png

41 minutes ago, AJP86 said:

Yep there we go

Screenshot 2021-01-03 at 00.15.41.png

It's also the same message on Internet explorer and mobile OS. It connects fine to the Nighthawk app but that has very limited functionality compared to Duma. 

• Administrators
11 hours ago, AJP86 said:

It's also the same message on Internet explorer and mobile OS. It connects fine to the Nighthawk app but that has very limited functionality compared to Duma. 

Thank you for that, does the same happen if you use the LAN IP to try and connect?

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I'm assuming you still get access to the internet even without the interface? What IP does your computer get from the router?

Yes I still get access. The IPv4 address is 192.168.1.26 (My ISP doesn't provide IPv6 at the moment)

Also a second unrelated thing but tied to the above is I have my geo filter set to UK only servers. When connecting to a voice channel on Discord it will only allow me to connect via wifi not ethernet? I need to reset the geo filter so I can connect to Discord via ethernet not wifi if that makes sense that's the end goal of sorting this problem.

56 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You need to allow whatever is being blocked on the Geo-Filter for Discord and then it will work.

If you ping using the terminal 192.168.1.1 does it get a response?

No I've tried that, no response. It's frustrating. I have had 0 problems with ISP routers and I've been hyped into getting this  for the functionality and I've never had a more troublesome time. From this to lag spikes almost every game, NAT types that change on the fly, I know I'm ranting but to invest in a product that isn't delivering the features it's sold on is frustrating.   

• Administrators
1 hour ago, AJP86 said:

No I've tried that, no response. It's frustrating. I have had 0 problems with ISP routers and I've been hyped into getting this  for the functionality and I've never had a more troublesome time. From this to lag spikes almost every game, NAT types that change on the fly, I know I'm ranting but to invest in a product that isn't delivering the features it's sold on is frustrating.   

Totally understand that. Follow this guide to reinstall the latest firmware via TFTP - this will install the firmware bypassing the boot process and any issues that may be there. Then do a factory reset afterwards, this will give you the freshest install possible and it should work fine after that https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP

11 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Totally understand that. Follow this guide to reinstall the latest firmware via TFTP - this will install the firmware bypassing the boot process and any issues that may be there. Then do a factory reset afterwards, this will give you the freshest install possible and it should work fine after that https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP

Thank you I’ll give it a go.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/3/2021 at 6:00 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I'm having this same issue with my xr700

I upgraded to the most recent firmware recently and everything was fine till i got disconected from the internet and rebooted the router today. 

The internet is working but when I try to access the router via it's ip I get DumaOS not available. 

I tried downgrading the firmware and reinstalling the firmware with the instruction above but as soon as I finish the setup wizzard I'm back to DumaOS not loaded over and over. 

I have tried multiple firmware version and resets and nothing fixes it Duma OS not loaded. Cleared cache and cookies tried multiple pcs and phones. 

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, Crocodilelogic said:

I'm having this same issue with my xr700

I upgraded to the most recent firmware recently and everything was fine till i got disconected from the internet and rebooted the router today. 

The internet is working but when I try to access the router via it's ip I get DumaOS not available. 

I tried downgrading the firmware and reinstalling the firmware with the instruction above but as soon as I finish the setup wizzard I'm back to DumaOS not loaded over and over. 

I have tried multiple firmware version and resets and nothing fixes it Duma OS not loaded. Cleared cache and cookies tried multiple pcs and phones. 

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. I'd recommend trying the beta and doing a reset as it should be more stable for you in that regard. https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/bd-p/en-home-beta-npg-duma

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. I'd recommend trying the beta and doing a reset as it should be more stable for you in that regard. https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/bd-p/en-home-beta-npg-duma

Thanks this didn't help unfortunately I'm still stuck on dumaOS not loaded yet.

I installed the beta frimware and reset the router. I can go through the setup wizard but then it's back to dumaOS not loaded yet. 

I was in the middle of a game and the router dropped the internet so I rebooted the router and it's been stuck like this. 

I tried 4 different firmwares installed through the router and through tftp. I reset and reconfigured my ISP modem and router combo to make sure it's still bridged and that didn't help. 

I tried this new firmware and unfortunately I'm still getting the same message my internet is up over Ethernet but the WiFi is no longer working. 

I can get through the router setup wizzard when I reset and reflash the routers firmware but after the setup finishes it's back to DumaOS not loaded yet. 

I have been trying to fix this for 4 hours now 

I can access and reinstall the firmware from http://routerlogin.net/adv_index.htm

But that doesn't help either 

997F0320-C9F9-496D-B64E-61A4957F8A97.jpeg