So, Black Ops 3? David's next VON-boyage??

Dillinger

Is anyone out there, besides me, looking forward to the next Treyarch release?  Or are you dreading it with a passion and intent on keeping it at bay with a well defensed yard?  

For those that don't know, it's been confirmed by the Activision CEO that Treyarch's studio will be releasing the next Call of Duty in November.  While a lot of YouTubers have been speculating about a possible World at War 2, recent evidence is pretty clear the market share is with Black Ops.  James C Burns, the voice behind single player character Frank Woods, has hinted at Black Ops 3 and there was an internal 3arc e-mail that was "obtained" that once translated read "All good things come in threes".  So, Black Ops 3 anyone?   :ph34r:

For me Ghosts was not my cup of tea.  I know that bullet sponges and lag induced hit markers are infuriating (not so much with my beloved Duma), but the sliver of life they called "healthy" only compounded the most boring aspect of playing the game in the first place.  Camping your sack off with an LMG and thermal, hoping to only go 12-8 in a time limit game isn't fun, it's boring as hell.  Why people embraced that style is beyond me.  I just don't get it. *smh*

AW is fun in a controlled environment like what the Duma helps give you, but it's not a CoD title to me.  I never have the feeling of wanting to go back and play AW again to chase that next good streak or fun game.  Apparently I am not alone as last weekend was double XP for AW, when I logged onto Black Ops 2, there were 118,000 people waiting for me online for Xbox 360.

I'm hoping for Black Ops 3 to be honest.  Playing Blops 2 now is still fun for me, and even better with the Duma controlling the host lobbies.  I still love hearing the sound of that Warthog coming in and seeing it dominate the kill feed on an open maps like Turbine or Carrier.  Raid and Standoff are still two really great maps that cater to all styles of play.  

Nuketown has to go though.  Come on, how many times do you want to vote for that map and get your teeth kicked in kids?  That map is just custom built to spawn trap the hell out of people and make life miserable, but every time it comes up in rotation, you can plan on playing it twice.  What is the appeal I wonder?  You can get back to being shot at again real quick after you just got killed?  O.o

Even the dlc maps weren't bad, although Mirage and Vertigo can suck it and any map with "map fatalities" is just someone's sick idea of a streak killer. This almost feels like a reason NOT to move around and nobody wants that.  Well, unless you loved Ghosts.   :unsure:

Yes, the snipers and the target finders and the "shock charge you & knife you in the back" players are annoying AF.  But more annoying than when compared to playing against a forced lobby of sweaties on AW?  

So let's discuss what you think will be the new title, or in the new title, or your thoughts on the November release and if you will be buying it.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I buy them all. I really like the treyarch versions. IW versions a great too, but they have their own feel and style obviously. I'm counting on whatever it is to be special. Black ops 1 and 2 both impressed and I expect the next installment to do the same.

Did I mention w@w was amazing? I can't see another ww2 game but I'd love it.

I buy them all. I really like the treyarch versions. IW versions a great too, but they have their own feel and style obviously. I'm counting on whatever it is to be special. Black ops 1 and 2 both impressed and I expect the next installment to do the same.

Did I mention w@w was amazing? I can't see another ww2 game but I'd love it.

I didn't fully grasp how much I liked Black Ops 2 until I played Ghosts.  Infinity Ward will not be seeing any of my money on future releases until well into the life cycle and I can see for my own eyes the game isn't a camp-fest sleepover.

People that have played W@W all say that.  I kind of wish I hadn't missed the boat on that one.  While I would love to see another W@W title, I just think they have way too much market share with the Black Ops name.  

I am looking forward to the next Treyarch release and just praying that it sticks close to the formula that has been working for them.  I like the first 2 Black Ops although I could do with less quick scoping in this next release.  It has gotten pretty rediculous with so many people running around with sniper rifles that are better close range than shotguns.

I agree that Ghosts was too campy and slow moving but they did have some good ideas with the class customization point system.  But it didn't encourage a fast flowing game.

I really enjoyed W@W, but the WWII theme probably wouldn't be as popular as a game with a modern setting.  It would be nice if they redid all the old treyarch maps from W@W, BO1, and BO2 and put them all into the next game.

Absolutely. I didn't appreciate w@w until it was near the end of its cycle. What an amazing game. I can still hear the German guy yelling at me. Too bad it got so hacked. I'd buy all the games for next gen if they offered. A greatest hits would be good enough.

Ghosts seemed to have incredible hit detection compared to AW. Seeing as to how Treyarch helped SHG stir the pot I have a feeling Treyarch shared their branch of the engine which is why the hit detection doesn't feel as crisp as IW.

I played CoD:Ghosts over the past weekend WITHOUT Netduma in a pool of only 2k players and the hit detection felt spot-on in every lobby I joined. Treyarch's hit detection feels hit and miss. AW was just terrible and I think the better you are at the game, the more you notice that especially in this game because there are less players to connect with inside your skill bracket, that it has to force some connections to be made. There has been tests done, though, which point that AW has more baseline lag than the other games which makes it even worse.

I know Vonderhaar is actually a gamer and has passion for the series, so I have a feeling he'll take any negatives in their past games more seriously than some of the other leads. The main issue is the poorer hit detection compared to IW. I am hoping they get to the bottom of that. Imagine a game as polished as BO3 will be with the amazing hit detection of Ghosts.

I'm looking forward to it for two reasons.

1 - I really liked blops2 and the original. I've actually pretty much left AW because of the low player count in favour of blops2 which certainly has a higher count. I really planned on playing AW all the way though because it is an awesome game imo, but the player count is snowballing. The more leave, the more the connection gets sketchy and more leave because of it.

2 - I think the player count in the next one will be way higher. I heard it will be next gen only which will bump it up. Also blops2 fanboys will come out in droves. Considering that I have a higher play time and kill count on blops2 than any other COD I suppose you could include myself in that group

I swear, I think I am the only person in the world who absolutely HATED blops 1 and 2. I mean I cannot STAND them. I hate everything about them. I think they are by FAR the worst of all cod games since modern warfare. And just as a disclaimer, I'm def. not saying MW was bad, just using it as a reference in time. It's a phenomenal game and changed the entire industry. Most revolutionary game to the genre since Goldeneye. But I digress.... From every gun sounding the same, no recoil, mediocre maps and overpowered score streaks, I can't stand the blops series. I don't like Treyarch. Now on the other hand, I'm also starting to think I'm in the minority in regards to my feelings about AW. I LOVE IT. It is the most fun(not necessarily call-of-duty-esk but def most fun) multiplayer experience I've ever played. There's nothing negative to me about the game. The supply drop system?? BRILLIANT. As much as it frustrates me I don't have some of the games most elite weapons, I'm a realist and can look at it objectively and love that fact that there's absolutely nothing I nor anyone else can do about it. No buying your way: all you can do is put time in and hope. But I won't continue this what's turned into a lengthy  rant any longer but for the people who do take the time to read this, just know I appreciate it and I look forward to being disagreed with. We can debate; it's what intelligent minds who differ in opinion do. None of that arguing stuff. Lol Cheers, everyone! 

I love BO2 right now, 10 times better than CODAW! The Neduma made this game the best COD for me in recent times.

If BO3 is more of the same in a new setting with maps that have good flow (unlike anything from Ghosts) and they ease up on the aimbot assist of the quick scoping, I'll play BO3 for 3 years.

BO2 won me over because of good scorestreaks, maps I can enjoy learning new tactics on because of their flow and everybody having the same guns to use/unlock as they progress. Not to mention the warfare was ground based and the action was fast paced.

If 3arc sort the in engine lag a little (more to the latencies seen in Ghosts which were around 70ms) I'll be extremely happy as I'm the type of guy who prefers close quarter gun fights.

If they make it air based rooftop camping warfare then I bail on the franchise until one of the 3 developers makes a COD that deserves to be called COD.

BLOPS are the best for me so a new one would be great. 

AW is the worst COD ever for me, I was in the middle of a game yesterday and had to take a phone call so I hid in a safe spot for a bit all I could see was snipers jumping 50ft up and down at opposite ends of the map quickscoping everyone, it was actually quite funny to watch.  It's a bit of fun for a quick burst but it's more kangaroo of duty than real COD so roll on the next one Treyarch.

I swear, I think I am the only person in the world who absolutely HATED blops 1 and 2. I mean I cannot STAND them. I hate everything about them. I think they are by FAR the worst of all cod games since modern warfare. And just as a disclaimer, I'm def. not saying MW was bad, just using it as a reference in time. It's a phenomenal game and changed the entire industry. Most revolutionary game to the genre since Goldeneye. But I digress.... From every gun sounding the same, no recoil, mediocre maps and overpowered score streaks, I can't stand the blops series. I don't like Treyarch. Now on the other hand, I'm also starting to think I'm in the minority in regards to my feelings about AW. I LOVE IT. It is the most fun(not necessarily call-of-duty-esk but def most fun) multiplayer experience I've ever played. There's nothing negative to me about the game. The supply drop system?? BRILLIANT. As much as it frustrates me I don't have some of the games most elite weapons, I'm a realist and can look at it objectively and love that fact that there's absolutely nothing I nor anyone else can do about it. No buying your way, all you can do is put time in and hope. But I won't continue this what's turned into a lengthy  rant any longer but for the people who do take the time to read this, just know I appreciate it and I look forward to being disagreed with. We can debate; it's what intelligent minds who differ in opinion due. None of that arguing stuff. Lol Cheers, everyone!

I still love aw. I actually have something about all cods that I love right back to #1. Like I said earlier, each one has its own "way". Each company has something about it. It just seems to me like treyarch has had a little closer touch with the gamer in me.

I love the faster pace of AW compared to some of the previous titles, however they need to set up on the server end and quit being so cheep. That being said I think they should bring in the boys from Insomniac games for a go at it, if anyone remembers the Resistance series you'll know why I say that. They were the first to bring large scale player-map counts with deds back when PS3 first came out.

Well i couldn't stand BO2 but i really liked ghosts,here's why.

BO2 always played horrible for me.IMO very over powered kill streaks,i would rather have gun skill and map knowledge dictate the outcome of a game not the kill streaks.

Ghosts ran a lot smoother for me with more reasonable kill streaks,nothing over powered.

And in the next release i would like to see no over powered streaks.And i would love for them to bring back barebones.I love that game mode just gun on gun action,which is my preference.

• 1 month later...

Honestly, I cannot wait for Black Ops 3. 

I've been playing COD since Call of Duty 2 in 2005 and Black Ops 2 has been by far one of the most enjoyable titles I have ever played. The gametypes, the maps, weapon selection and customisation have always been fantastic for me; not to mention their love for the competitive scene. 

I played Ghosts and AW but have found them both lacking in comparison to Treyarch's latest work. Sadly, AW just doesn't seem that well put together and doesn't represent a title that was in development for a three year period. Given that Black Ops 2 offers (imo) more content and stability and was developed in roughly a third of the time Sledgehammer were given, I cannot wait to see what Vonderhaar and the team produce this year after three years crafting. 

It seems like a future setting with interogation flash backs for the single player.

I would love a tactical cod where you can push up though a map and hold position's, maps that do not have 3 routes to every point so you get shot in the back while you push.

Maps made for on the ground war , no jumping malarky i mean what were they thinking haha

I know it is personal preference but I hope there is not double/boost jumping.  

I am with you 110% here.  I don't want Kangaroof-top warfare again.  #keepthemontheground

Those images really set the interwebz on fire yesterday, that is for sure.  There is a strong opinion that this will be cybernetically enhanced soldiers, with "bursts" of energy that allow for limited wall running.  

While not thrilled with that prospect, I have to see what 3Arc has come up with and how they balanced it.  If you can climb up in a corner and just sit there, scanning the only way into a room or bottleneck, that is going to suck. :(

If it's a dash option, that is limited, like how 3Arc does there Extreme conditioning perk, I don't think it would be THAT annoying.  Now, if the whole game is people running on walls and ceilings, as in "Lycans vs. Hot leather clad chicks", but lobbies full of squeakers, I am not going to be down with that.

So.  Fingers crossed optimistically that it doesn't suck too bad?  Or is that setting the bar too low?

I am with you 110% here. I don't want Kangaroof-top warfare again. #keepthemontheground

Those images really set the interwebz on fire yesterday, that is for sure. There is a strong opinion that this will be cybernetically enhanced soldiers, with "bursts" of energy that allow for limited wall running.

While not thrilled with that prospect, I have to see what 3Arc has come up with and how they balanced it. If you can climb up in a corner and just sit there, scanning the only way into a room or bottleneck, that is going to suck. :(

If it's a dash option, that is limited, like how 3Arc does there Extreme conditioning perk, I don't think it would be THAT annoying. Now, if the whole game is people running on walls and ceilings, as in "Lycans vs. Hot leather clad chicks", but lobbies full of squeakers, I am not going to be down with that.

So. Fingers crossed optimistically that it doesn't suck too bad? Or is that setting the bar too low?

I want the pics of the leather clad chick's as soon as you get them. Please and thank you.

Archived