So, Black Ops 3? David's next VON-boyage??

Dillinger

I am hopeful.  I truly hope the team knew they were going to have 3 years, or they were told fairly early in development that they would have that amount of time, to do a proper build.  

I refuse to believe that "testing" in a controlled environment is ever going to replicate our real world.  You can add filters and attenuate the signals but the plant that carries all those precious 1's and 0's is not perfect.  It was all built by contract labor who were looking to get paid and get onto the next pole location.

So hopefully with more time to develop, they have also had more time to examine performance (movement, hit detection, etc.) and can fine tune based on the Alpha and Beta tests.

If this one bombs like AW, I honestly don't know what I will be playing.  

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

148-what-the-hell-is-this-crap.jpg

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2015/04/29/call-of-duty-black-ops-3-info-reveals-there-will-be-no-panic-knifing/

According to Treyarch and people who have time to play the upcoming shooter, aiming using the scopes of long-ranged sniper rifles is noticeably easier. The sensitivity has been adjusted to make zooming in more useful, and apparently hitting targets is easier to do. Treyarch has noted that the power of sniper rifles will be changed accordingly due to this, but it is not yet clear what those changes will be.

Damn it Dave!  The sniper rifles didn't NEED any help man!  :angry:

I think its to make snipers think "oh this sounds sweet i want to try this out" to get the numbers up a bit like with the elections they will say anything to sway your vote.

The last sentence backtracks like politicians do as well :)

I think its to make snipers think "oh this sounds sweet i want to try this out" to get the numbers up a bit like with the elections they will say anything to sway your vote.

The last sentence backtracks like politicians do as well :)

Positive spin vote award!!  Thanks for that Zennon, I needed that this afternoon!

tumblr_m4gd04xjMM1rp8a44o1_500.jpg

hmmm, BO2 was a horrid mess for me. i quit playing CoD because of it until Ghosts came out...

With the Duma, BO2 runs the best for me.

Check attached files for more.

I can post these for days, I hardly ever go negative.

If these aren't a sign of how great BO2 runs with the BeastDuma then nothing is.

post-164-0-19891700-1430548116_thumb.jpg

post-164-0-69246700-1430548123_thumb.jpg

post-164-0-09148200-1430548137_thumb.jpg

post-164-0-01184000-1430548151_thumb.jpg

post-164-0-36886900-1430548160_thumb.jpg

post-164-0-46643000-1430548167_thumb.jpg

post-164-0-71340400-1430548173_thumb.jpg

post-164-0-83729100-1430548179_thumb.jpg

post-164-0-44093800-1430548186_thumb.jpg

post-164-0-94498300-1430548192_thumb.jpg

post-164-0-23450800-1430548199_thumb.jpg

post-164-0-53075800-1430548207_thumb.jpg

Awesome. Had some hit and miss last night even on AW. It was mostly hit. My kdr this week is a 1.27. My average for AW is 1.09 so I'd say it's working well. I'm never going to be a 2.0 kdr guy so it's a big deal for me.

With the Duma, BO2 runs the best for me.

Check attached files for more.

I can post these for days, I hardly ever go negative.

If these aren't a sign of how great BO2 runs with the BeastDuma then nothing is.

I had plenty of great games, many flawless games. Just had those nights where it was pure Shit just raging. I have to renew my XBL to play again. I'm missing MW3/Ghosts anyway. Have to try them with R1 Though those two never gave me issue.

Awesome. Had some hit and miss last night even on AW. It was mostly hit. My kdr this week is a 1.27. My average for AW is 1.09 so I'd say it's working well. I'm never going to be a 2.0 kdr guy so it's a big deal for me.

I was a 2+ kdr player and now 1.15 In AW. I quit caring. I troll games now. no one can see it anyway So it doesn't really matter. I can still easily put up multi warbirds/paladins but they aren't very fun compared to chopper gunner or ac130s.

• 2 months later...

Bumping this up so some of us can read our thoughts again as we are now going into August when we will finally get a BETA.  Yay??  C'mon you cynical f*ckers, you get a Beta trial for FREE and you can cancel anytime.  How are you not at least a LITTLE bit hyped?!?!

I put in for time off work this week when the dates were confirmed for Xbox 1.   :huh:  :ph34r:

Hell yes I am going all in on this title.  If I hate it, I don't honestly know if I can stick with the franchise given the current cycle. :(

How are you not at least a LITTLE bit hyped?!?!

The pathetic online trouble (nothing Duma related or can fix) im having leads little faith for anything cod atm.

Its all i care about, the rest of the game is almost irrelevant to me.

Personally i cant wait to get away from AW.

Whether BO3 will satisfy my needs for online play is another question.

I can see Star Wars getting a very hard run by me once released.

How are you not at least a LITTLE bit hyped?!?!

I put in for time off work this week when the dates were confirmed for Xbox 1.   :huh:  :ph34r:

Hell yes I am going all in on this title.  If I hate it, I don't honestly know if I can stick with the franchise given the current cycle. :(

I'm ALWAYS excited for the next CoD and have been pretty much since I played the 4 Beta all those years ago.  Google tells me that was almost eight years ago.  8 YEARS AGO!

I don't get sucked aboard the hype train - although that does sound kinda fun.  And I pay hardly any attention to whatever Youtuber, reviewer or Z-list celebrity has to say on the subject. I'm just a dyed in the wool fan and consider playing on launch night, in good company with a cheeky bottle of red (or three), being one of my simple pleasures in life.  This November will be no different.

BUT that aside, if Amazon don't pull a tax-dodging thumb outta their arse and get my beta code sorted PDQ, I am going to be royally pissed!  Can you imagine the misery of having to sit and read post after post by Dillinger, waxing lyrical about how awesome the beta is?!...

A beta I'm NOT playing!   

"Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!"  

Let's all hope the game is great but I would settle for good or average.And Dirty don't worry if you're not playing the beta you can still read Dillinger's posts about how he loves it and my posts about how it's terrible (if it is) so Dillinger and I going back and fourth should give you some laughs for awhile    ;)

And I'd love to be all in on it and get excited.But if it turns out to be shit and I'm all amped up for it,my blood pressure will be to high and I'll more than likely stroke out and not it the good way    :D

Just saw a video from Legend of Thunder and he was talking about how Black Ops 3 still won't have universal dedicated servers and I could do was smile and pump my fist silently.  Knowing I will be centering my Geo Filter around a ton of local players and keeping that ping nice and low, this could be a really good week of Beta gameplay.  *crossing paws*

Yeah. We need to recommend the R1 to him.

It's just a hunch, but I suspect that Thunder has a fully tuned home system that includes all the good stuff, including a Nighthawk or similar router.  He has been too consistent, too good, for way too long to it just be grinding the game or luck.  He works full time, has a new kid, usually plays solo games of TDM, and still has beast gameplays that drop on the regular?  I suspect it just isn't that Scuf code, a Redbull and a good time of day to collect YT lobbies.   ;)  :P

I believe luck plays a big part in whether or not a dedicated server works for a particular player.

In my case, it does. I ping 40ms to the Kansas City server even though I am on the East Coast, and as stated, I am going to stay there until CoD dies. I logged on yesterday, and the game still plays fairly well... It's just AW itself is complete garbage at this point, IMO.

So, I can see why some people... Especially those without the Netduma... Want dedicated servers.

A majority of  the CoD community are NOT idiots... contrary to the stereotype of us all being ADHD 10-year olds. So, they are wanting something that should... in any other game... Make the game play experience better. However, it's not just dedicated servers. It's the netcode and the fact there aren't as many dedicated server hubs as there should be given the population of CoD players not just in the U.S., but around the world as a whole. So, having dedicated servers in itself won't solve the problem, but a lot of players don't know how deep this problem goes.

I think we ALL wanted the magic that the dedi's were supposed to bring us.  We kept seeing guys getting good game-plays, talking about how they had connection in this lobby and how dedicated servers would make this possible for everyone.  

We just didn't know any better, until we got a little more knowledge shared via the UI of [Duma].

I always wanted Regional Playlists.  I thought that was the easiest, and cheapest, way to help address the issue without paying the costs for hundreds of dedi's.  Break it up by country and time zone (within reason) and make playlists that made sense when you looked at a damn map.   :unsure:

Now with the [Duma] I can easily create my own "regional-to-me" list, and I can keep the riff-raff with their Hamster-Net from getting host, so I don't really care what Activision plans to do to address the "community" concerns.  

I feel for you guys without a [Duma], but at the end of the day it's a choice of how seriously you want to take the game.  I choose to spend a little money here and there to invest in the opportunity to have good games many nights down the line.  That works for me.

Your Mileage May Vary.  :)

Let's all hope the game is great but I would settle for good or average.And Dirty don't worry if you're not playing the beta you can still read Dillinger's posts about how he loves it and my posts about how it's terrible (if it is) so Dillinger and I going back and fourth should give you some laughs for awhile    ;)

And I'd love to be all in on it and get excited.But if it turns out to be shit and I'm all amped up for it,my blood pressure will be to high and I'll more than likely stroke out and not it the good way    :D

-LOL

Aww, Thanks for the thought Big Fella. I'm touched. But, I've already read 'Beauty and the Beast'   :D

I spoke to Amazon yesterday, and they've apologised for the SNAFU.  I should have the code in the next day or two. 

ps. nothin wrong with a lil stroke every now and then ;)

Archived