So, Black Ops 3? David's next VON-boyage??

Dillinger

Thunder just broke an article claiming a verified source that there will be NO boost jumps, just the ability to dash or slide with "thrusters" on a cyborg/Robocop body (human brain, enhanced body).

http://www.blackops3.co.uk/hot-news/no-exo-suit-vertical-boost-jumps-in-black-ops-3/

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thunder just broke an article claiming a verified source that there will be NO boost jumps, just the ability to dash or slide with "thrusters" on a cyborg/Robocop body (human brain, enhanced body).

http://www.blackops3.co.uk/hot-news/no-exo-suit-vertical-boost-jumps-in-black-ops-3/

Nice. I just shared that on the cod site.

Latest rumor going around:  Amazon updated their pre-release ordering (for AW) for Nov 3rd 2015.  Speculation is that the title is a place holder for Blops 3 and Nov 3rd will be the release date.

More to follow as it becomes available. :-)

That petition/poll has to at least made it's way across someone's desk.  That is 48K votes out of about 50K that DON'T want exo in CoD, which is a pretty decent percentage of respondents.

But what about parkour?

What if your soldier could easily bound over a head glitch, through a window, or even "dodge" by doing a very short, limited wall run?

Something like this:  

Since when have they listened to anything the cod community has asked for lol

While I suspect this was written mostly as a joke, I think the developers have listened to some things and made improvements where they could.  

Game Developer "x" isn't going to be able to just re-write the entire spawn algorithm over a weekend and deploy it in time for Monday matches.  Some stuff takes time, some stuff doesn't get tested to the utmost extremes, which is why there is ALWAYS a patch by December for the November releases.

The real problem is we expect a "new, but still retain the old" game every year.  Can you imagine how refined one of these COULD be if they supported it for more than the first 9 months after release?

It makes the most sense that there will NOT be exosuits in BO3, I never saw 3arc as the type that copied and pasted IW or SHGames ideas.

​Vonderhaar did say that he likes the speed of Advanced Warfare (which I do also) but if anyone can save COD, it's 3arc and DJ Vonderhaar.

It makes the most sense that there will NOT be exosuits in BO3, I never saw 3arc as the type that copied and pasted IW or SHGames ideas.

​Vonderhaar did say that he likes the speed of Advanced Warfare (which I do also) but if anyone can save COD, it's 3arc and DJ Vonderhaar.

I think Von might be the best public face for these types of games.  The guy is a Trolling master, and he has a good sense of humor about everything.  Even when the Squeaker "SniperZzz" community got all butt hurt over the DSR Nerf, and issued death threats EN MASSE, he for the most part was cool about it.  

This year he has raised the bar with the early tweets and the outlandish twitter presence.  He saw a ridiculous parody video by a guy I watch on YT (TheShwantz27) and he went ahead, liked the video and tweeted it out to everyone that asked about Blops 3 over a 24 hour period.  The video was complete BS, but Vonder-HaHa just played along like the guy had figured out the mysteries of the trailer and it was all good.   

Yes, his games have had issues, but the you have to admit, he makes them entertaining....LOL

Here's a question for you guys though - in all seriousness.

What if the movement is fast, like AW, but has more of a Blops 2 time to kill?  

So you might be able to get a chance to kill the guys who seem to always spawn in your back-pocket or flank you in 2 seconds?  I wouldn't be thrilled if they went that route, but I think it would help.

My confidence lies in the fact that they've been doing these for a while. I guess I expect a good product. To be honest though, I've never disliked any cod from 1 through now. There's always something that makes me want to play each one. I know a lot of it is the fun I have with friends. We've been playing together for years. We have a blast every time.

What if the movement is fast, like AW, but has more of a Blops 2 time to kill?  

So you might be able to get a chance to kill the guys who seem to always spawn in your back-pocket or flank you in 2 seconds?  I wouldn't be thrilled if they went that route, but I think it would help.

I don't know, I think the fast movement is what's causing the netcode to struggle so much in AW.  The game needs to essentially guess where you're going to be when moving and calculate if a hit registers I can't see a way to reconcile super fast movement and direction changes with accurate hit detection.

It would help if they would move to a new engine which doesn't have such awful base lag to begin with if they're going to keep the fast movements in.

It will be BO 2.0 heavy with OP kill streaks and lag out the ass,but that's just a guess and my opinion.All people talked about since ghosts is how underpowered the kill streaks are and since COD likes to please the kiddies i.e. (quick scoping and black scoping) that would be my guess as to the structure of the game.

Well, while I share your cynical view, I have hope that between the factors in play (3 years to develop, dedi's in major cities, newer & more powerful platform, 3arc isn't even working on the 360/PS3 version, and HAVING A NET DUMA) will help combat the lag.  Allegedly Theater Mode had something to do with that, but I think that was one person's half-assed explanation and it just caught wind in the world of the interwebz.

The scorestreaks in Ghost were shit.  The game as a whole seemed to miss the mark for me on a lot of levels, but those streaks were just useless.

The streaks in AW seem to be good, but I agree that Blops 2 was the last game with really dominant score streaks and I suspect there will be some new ones I don't want to get hit with  :ph34r:

While I have hopes for the game, what I really want is a fun game to play that isn't filled with a bunch of useless crap or a time to kill that resembles an ice chip in a blast furnace.

Netduma configured correctly + BO2 = bliss.

Give me more of the same with a new story, maps, weapons and scorestreaks and I'll be very happy.

I never asked for change in COD, just improvements for something that worked.

Netduma fixed the issues for me.

Give me more of the same with a new story, maps, weapons and scorestreaks and I'll be very happy.

Out of likes for the day, but I completely agree with your statement.  With the Duma running Geo and the house configured correctly, I rarely have nightmare scenarios in Blops 2 anymore.

Now fails and outtakes?  I could edit a montage of missed shots, dud C4s and just plain bad choices for days.  LOL

I like a quicker time to kill,IMO it's a must have with the exo movements or a really fast moving game.Can you imagine trying to kill some with exo abilities and the TTK in BO2 no one would ever kill anyone lol.People can't be bullet sponges and have the ability to move at mach one speed and jump 30 feet in the air.

I really wish they would bring back barebones,kill streaks are something i've never been a fan of.I didn't even run them in AW until they changed the scores in DOM and then it became a must.I like gun on gun action,not who can camp in a corner to get a swarm and warthog and then take over the game.To me the game is getting better at gun skill and learning the maps and choke points,not getting 6 kills with your gun then the next 10-25 with streaks.

Again this is just my opinion and yes i can earn the streaks just not a big fan of the OP kill streaks like in BO2.

.I've never felt the score-streaks were OP, once I figured the counters.  If you don't have an anti-Air class that includes Blind Eye and an anti air rocket, you are probably doing it wrong.   I agree that the streaks make the gun-on-gun action almost a secondary feature.  While it only takes 4.5 kills, or 3 and an EMP with hard-line, to put up that first UAV, to get to any streaks that do any real damage, you have to have decent gun skill.

I don't disagree with you about learning to shoot, learning the map,s and finding strategic bottlenecks. All spot on points and I would be an even worse player if I didn't know all the game meta. But that is part of the problem with the advanced, super hyper movement, in my opinion. 

With as fast as a game like AW moves, and presumably Blops 3 will be similar, if you have such a low time to kill, you are ALWAYS dead before you can turn around.  Hence the reason EVERYONE complains about the "lack of map control", the "WTF was that spawn SHG?!" and the "I only get killed by getting shot in the back" complaints.

Our community is NEVER going to be happy.  The game is too diverse and too fractured to ever agree on a simple set of requirements, hence the reason you get Developers out there on the bleeding edge looking for the next "the fans love it" feature or perk or streak.  Which explains how we got a god damn Tracker sight from the mind of a moron into the game in the first place.

But let me ask you all this.  I saw this point in a video from Crimsix, who is a flat beastly Pro player and one of the best in the world.  If you take a gamer that likes FPS games, and drop them into a game like AW (or Blops 3 I suspect) with ZERO KNOWLEDGE of anything we all use here (Net Duma routers, Scufs, XIMs, Low input lag monitors, Kontrol Freeks, etc.) and COMPOUND that learning curve with fast, herky-jerky movements and a low time to kill, how much fun are they really going to have??

If the casual gamer can't pick the game up and play for more than 30 minutes without rage quitting, what hope does the franchise have left in it?

And the solution is to somehow make the game harder to play by adding a bunch of chaos, frantic movements and button mashing requirements designed to induce early stages of Carpal tunnel??

I have to think there needs to be a middle of the road where the meta game doesn't require an advanced degree to solve and the gun-play is "fun" enough to keep regulars happy.

Years into the future from 2025 was not necessarily where I was hoping we would find Blops 3.

.I've never felt the score-streaks were OP, once I figured the counters.  If you don't have an anti-Air class that includes Blind Eye and an anti air rocket, you are probably doing it wrong.   I agree that the streaks make the gun-on-gun action almost a secondary feature.  While it only takes 4.5 kills, or 3 and an EMP with hard-line, to put up that first UAV, to get to any streaks that do any real damage, you have to have decent gun skill.

I don't disagree with you about learning to shoot, learning the map,s and finding strategic bottlenecks. All spot on points and I would be an even worse player if I didn't know all the game meta. But that is part of the problem with the advanced, super hyper movement, in my opinion. 

With as fast as a game like AW moves, and presumably Blops 3 will be similar, if you have such a low time to kill, you are ALWAYS dead before you can turn around.  Hence the reason EVERYONE complains about the "lack of map control", the "WTF was that spawn SHG?!" and the "I only get killed by getting shot in the back" complaints.

Our community is NEVER going to be happy.  The game is too diverse and too fractured to ever agree on a simple set of requirements, hence the reason you get Developers out there on the bleeding edge looking for the next "the fans love it" feature or perk or streak.  Which explains how we got a god damn Tracker sight from the mind of a moron into the game in the first place.

But let me ask you all this.  I saw this point in a video from Crimsix, who is a flat beastly Pro player and one of the best in the world.  If you take a gamer that likes FPS games, and drop them into a game like AW (or Blops 3 I suspect) with ZERO KNOWLEDGE of anything we all use here (Net Duma routers, Scufs, XIMs, Low input lag monitors, Kontrol Freeks, etc.) and COMPOUND that learning curve with fast, herky-jerky movements and a low time to kill, how much fun are they really going to have??

If the casual gamer can't pick the game up and play for more than 30 minutes without rage quitting, what hope does the franchise have left in it?

And the solution is to somehow make the game harder to play by adding a bunch of chaos, frantic movements and button mashing requirements designed to induce early stages of Carpal tunnel??

I have to think there needs to be a middle of the road where the meta game doesn't require an advanced degree to solve and the gun-play is "fun" enough to keep regulars happy.

Years into the future from 2025 was not necessarily where I was hoping we would find Blops 3.

COD 2... Everyone has the same guns, same perks (none) and same movements. You know what that game was about? Skill. Not who lagged first, who saw what on their screen, etc. When you shot someone your bullets counted, when you missed it was because you suck at aiming. When you add too much to something you take away what makes the game great. There's a reason why MW1, WAW and MW2 have more players on them currently than AW and BO2 have.

hmmm, BO2 was a horrid mess for me. i quit playing CoD because of it until Ghosts came out. was worlds better with connection. IW releases ALWAYS are. maybe after i get my netduma delivered, will have to renew my XBL and give it a try again. i never even played the last DLC. AW is as bad or worse than BO2 was. see if this benefits me any.

that said, i probably wont be ordering BO3 i dont think [first CoD ever i dont get], unless this router is a miracle worker and the reviews are flawless. might be playing battleffront instead, but that has DICE issues.

i still have fun going back and playing ghosts, MW3, BO1, MW2 from time to time...

Archived