Major Router Upgrade Now Available (v 1.03.5)

Netduma Fraser

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please take a screenshot of your entire "Host Filtering" page and post here. Also go to "Settings > Misc" and make sure you have auto cloud and bleeding edge ticked. Then click apply. 

it works only when i set it to 50ms and games are super laggy 

Please make sure that you disable IPv6 by doing:

• Going to "Setting > LAN" then disabling IPv6
  • Going to "Setting > WAN" then disabling IPV6
  • Going to "Settings > Misc" and untick link-local IPv6

Also make sure you perform the test using a gigabit ethernet cable not wireless. 

done that but it still gets slow

http://www.speedtest.net/result/4847969539.pngthis is what i get from the test and i put the result in, it works for a minute then it slows down and i get high ping 

Not gonna lie, I had a small issue last night too.

Connected me to the Kansas server. But I forgot I had bleeding edge ticked (had it ticked for cloud update while at work), unticked it and didn't get it again. I have a pic of it, but it's at home on my surface, will post if it's needed. PA was set to 30 (30 b/c that server was usually 35ms lobbies or above so I figured that would help not pick it).

Overall the update was fantastic, even w/ that small issue. Hit detection was amazing.

I'm wondering if people in Canada could benefit from this great device to be honest I keep getting match in dedicated servers I can't seem to get under 30 ms ping but if my geo filter is at 10 or 15 why I keep getting 30 ms plus lobby.. I don't think posting a screenshot would fix this since I followed all those easy steps which are required thanks I wish I could get those 10 ms lobby like my filter is supposed to give me thanks

People please note: the R1 is to HELP you get a better gaming experience. The key word is HELP! It's not a miracle devise. I keep reading the same thing over and over again, "I keep getting put in to this __ server and such. The game will put you into dedicated servers first. More than likely you'll ALWAYS will get a dedicated server before getting a p2p connection. Unfortunately, Xbox in USA has CRAP dedicated servers that are positioned in only a few states for the ENTIRE U.S to play on. PlayStation, same thing. Like it was mentioned TIME AND TIME again before, "we cried for dedicated servers, developers gave it to us and now we crying for p2p". Now who looks like stupid asses! Not them...it's us. FORTUNATELY, BO3 has a better system of finding host vs AW.

You can try avoid the dedicated server all you want, but if the game wants to put you in there and you're trying to avoid it, that's your tuff shit! You can sit there and wait hoping for a p2p. Don't blame the R1 for lag and stuff. Imagine if you didn't have the R1, for folks in the USA, you might be playing in the UK and vise versa.

New update is great, thnx again guys but i do have a few questions with regards to ideal settings as nothing on the net seems to provide solid solutions;

1) Deep packet processing - some people say its very important to have it on if your below 100 mb and PC game while others say its usless and not necessary im on 80/20 should i have it enabled or not?

2) Algorithm settings which is better for what? people say pre emtpive is better as it handles lag spikes if this is true why even have reactive? so which one is best for gaming?

3) when setting up bandwidth specs, speed changes based on netduma settings such as pre-emtpive speed test gives me a lwoer reading that reactive ive read its vital you put in correct speed values so do you have to change speed specs everytime you change settings or is it irrelevant?

thank you in advanced! :)

• Netduma Staff

New update is great, thnx again guys but i do have a few questions with regards to ideal settings as nothing on the net seems to provide solid solutions;

1) Deep packet processing - some people say its very important to have it on if your below 100 mb and PC game while others say its usless and not necessary im on 80/20 should i have it enabled or not?

2) Algorithm settings which is better for what? people say pre emtpive is better as it handles lag spikes if this is true why even have reactive? so which one is best for gaming?

3) when setting up bandwidth specs, speed changes based on netduma settings such as pre-emtpive speed test gives me a lwoer reading that reactive ive read its vital you put in correct speed values so do you have to change speed specs everytime you change settings or is it irrelevant?

1) It is only needed for PC gaming or VPN hybrid so you don't need it if you don't use those features.

2) Pre-emptive is meant to be better but for some they still get spikes and find reactive better. If you use pre-emptive you can't get higher than about 55Mbps which is why there is reactive.

3) I would put in the speeds that you'd get if you were getting full speed.

1. Use Deep Packet Processing if gaming on PC.

2. Pre-emptive if ISP download is lower than 55-60Mbps, if above 60Mbps, use Reactive. Never noticed difference for lag spikes etc...

3. I think #2 answers #3 as well...

Ok first off really nice update here.  The firmware update went smooth only issue I ran into was getting my full download speed like some others here.  I have a 120 down 40 up and it's pretty spot on every speed test.  After the firmware update I was getting my solid 40 up every test but my down was capped around 95-97.  I had kept all my settings so I had to ask myself what changed. I rechecked all my settings and everything was good but still nothing over 97 down.

I went and ticked the "Turbo" mode and still nothing. Did a router reboot and still at 95.  I said to myself something is off here because everything is setup correctly and nothing is there to limit my download.  So I was using Firefox as the browser during all this. For the hell of it I went to chrome and checked all my settings. Unticked and reticked Turbo and did a router reboot and guess what I now have my 120 down. 

Not sure if this helps anyone but worth a try if you run into the speed problem like I did.

I'm getting massive spikes. Going from 20 ms up to 200 ms and all in between. What do you suppose I can do for that?

Same last night. I think it was the game, as the games I played started out perfect. Then as it went along, the connection got worse.

how do i downgrade this?

after update i try reset congestion control,Factory reset..and still cant get over 20mbps

It's not recommended you do that. Could end up bricking it.

Go to 'general support' section and make a thread asking for help. You'll get it! :)

• Administrators

I'm wondering if people in Canada could benefit from this great device to be honest I keep getting match in dedicated servers I can't seem to get under 30 ms ping but if my geo filter is at 10 or 15 why I keep getting 30 ms plus lobby.. I don't think posting a screenshot would fix this since I followed all those easy steps which are required thanks I wish I could get those 10 ms lobby like my filter is supposed to give me thanks

10 is literally the best ping you can get on the internet - It's also extremely unlikely that you will get this. I would be happy with 30ms. 

Sounds like you have your location & radius on land which is why you're getting hosts like that. 30ms is a great ping though.

I will like to know specifically what happens when you press the pop out button in Host Filtering. This option is available when you press any icon on the Geo filter. Thanks and congratulations for your excellent work!

Thanks Morbid. It just puts the ping number in a new tab, it's for streamers to add to their overlays easier.

I'm getting massive spikes. Going from 20 ms up to 200 ms and all in between. What do you suppose I can do for that?

Make sure you have CC on 70/70. 

Is this with all hosts or just some in particular?

then explain how come i was having a way better experience with my regular router on those same dedicated servers ? i want to dominate lag like everybody else loll 

They can deteriorate if they're getting overpopulated. Servers were also down last night which would have caused issues.

how do i downgrade this?

after update i try reset congestion control,Factory reset..and still cant get over 20mbps

Do not downgrade. 

What are your speeds then I can best advise. Reset device prioritisation and then update to start.

I know this may or may not be related, but ever since updating I've been getting "Server disconnected - Not authorized 5" when trying to play Black Ops 3.  I don't know if it's the router upgrade or the BO3 patch.  PCDev on Twitter claims it's a problem with Valve (and VAC), but the troubleshooting they link to doesn't work.  Is anyone else suddenly having this problem?

People please note: the R1 is to HELP you get a better gaming experience. The key word is HELP! It's not a miracle devise. I keep reading the same thing over and over again, "I keep getting put in to this __ server and such. The game will put you into dedicated servers first. More than likely you'll ALWAYS will get a dedicated server before getting a p2p connection. Unfortunately, Xbox in USA has CRAP dedicated servers that are positioned in only a few states for the ENTIRE U.S to play on. PlayStation, same thing. Like it was mentioned TIME AND TIME again before, "we cried for dedicated servers, developers gave it to us and now we crying for p2p". Now who looks like stupid asses! Not them...it's us. FORTUNATELY, BO3 has a better system of finding host vs AW.

You can try avoid the dedicated server all you want, but if the game wants to put you in there and you're trying to avoid it, that's your tuff shit! You can sit there and wait hoping for a p2p. Don't blame the R1 for lag and stuff. Imagine if you didn't have the R1, for folks in the USA, you might be playing in the UK and vise versa.

no the key word is dominate lag/kill lag and it delivered in AW big time , now BO3 has to get their issues with lag and hit detection servers sorted out and duma will kill lag again

yeah, i am back down to 60% of my subscribed speeds again. manual MTU fixed it for a couple days but no amount of hard resets or anything will get my speed back up to where it should be.

also all kinds of device connectivity issues today. i had to just walk out the door with the kids bitching and moaning about it. again, no amount of resets would fix it, soft or hard.

Archived