Major Router Upgrade Now Available (v 1.03.5)

Netduma Fraser

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the people with slower speed tests.

As listed in the set up guide/changes the device priority is now download and upload so if you prioritise the console your other devices that you are speed testing will be slower.

I have all my device set equal in prioritization.  The duma seems to be capping the upload when it shouldn't

5dc439d9fa7dc752815af00c903d94d7.png

Hello Netduma! Thank you fro great product and good support. 

Could your tech support help with some settings? I put the location into mid ocean as stated and activated the strict mode, why do i still get connection to random servers especially those closed to my actual location? Isn't strict mode designed not to connect to anything that is outside of search parameters (distance and ping?). In addition  I get some symbols on the map that are not in the legend description like grey locks and symbols that look like radioactive hazard sign but red?

Appologies, I am very new to the Netduma

Thank you 

• Netduma Staff

Hello Netduma! Thank you fro great product and good support. 

Could your tech support help with some settings? I put the location into mid ocean as stated and activated the strict mode, why do i still get connection to random servers especially those closed to my actual location? Isn't strict mode designed not to connect to anything that is outside of search parameters (distance and ping?). In addition  I get some symbols on the map that are not in the legend description like grey locks and symbols that look like radioactive hazard sign but red?

Appologies, I am very new to the Netduma

Thank you 

Hi Cahtep, welcome to the forum :)

Ping assist allows you to connect to hosts outside your GeoFilter if they are below the specified latency :) This explains how it works. Here is an up to date version of that the symbols mean.

Hi Cahtep, welcome to the forum :)

Ping assist allows you to connect to hosts outside your GeoFilter if they are below the specified latency :) This explains how it works. Here is an up to date version of that the symbols mean.

Crossy, Thank you for quick replay. So by enabling Ping Assist then it defeats the purpose of having filter running?  Would it be possible for technician check all my settings? I am behind the router but I all the DMZ requirements, Also after update I can't run internet test for some reason,

Thank you very much

• Netduma Staff

Crossy, Thank you for quick replay. So by enabling Ping Assist then it defeats the purpose of having filter running?  Would it be possible for technician check all my settings? I am behind the router but I all the DMZ requirements, Also after update I can't run internet test for some reason,

Thank you very much

The purpose of getting hosts close to you is that usually this means they have low pings. Ping assist lets in hosts that are mislocted outside of your GeoFilter but still have a low ping. What problems are you having with the settings? :)

The purpose of getting hosts close to you is that usually this means they have low pings. Ping assist lets in hosts that are mislocted outside of your GeoFilter but still have a low ping. What problems are you having with the settings? :)

My ping diagnostics/Internet Diagnostics does not run

For the people with slower speed tests.

As listed in the set up guide/changes the device priority is now download and upload so if you prioritise the console your other devices that you are speed testing will be slower.

yes, but the weird thing is that even if I put 100% priority on my computer and test the speeds it will still cut the speed by 80-90%.  So no matter what, if I change anything on the priority settings it cuts my speeds by 80-90%.  Everything goes back to normal once I reset priority though.

I have all my device set equal in prioritization.  The duma seems to be capping the upload when it shouldn't

Make sure the right bandwidth is set, and give the upload slider a slide up and down the range settling back to 100%

This is the same for me, if I touch device priorities it cuts my speeds by about 80-90%.

Same happens to me ! when reset distribution and bars are in default all is fine (upload and speed), but if I touch ANY bar and move, then it's capped to 80%90% in all my devices.

Great job with the update, I've noticed a little problem with the CC where you give something the majority of bandwith with share excess ticked and it doesn't get it, infact it's gets a lot less than maximum. I'll explain further if you haven't picked up on it already.

Great job with the update, I've noticed a little problem with the CC where you give something the majority of bandwith with share excess ticked and it doesn't get it, infact it's gets a lot less than maximum. I'll explain further if you haven't picked up on it already.

Yes, I think this is happening to everyone.  I think device priorities might be bugged.

Dear Netduma gents, I got internet diagnostics working now, (The results inside netduma test is said to be exceptional with zero package loss).  But I see some strange results on Speed Test and console connection test. My wireless connected laptop has 16Mbps down and 5 up, and my wired connected PS4 ony gets 8-9 Mbps down and 2 up. This is with BT infinity that claims to be 75 mbps. I did get 55 when was wired to BT hub 5 before. Any ideas?

Thank you very much in advance,

• Netduma Staff

Dear Netduma gents, I got internet diagnostics working now, (The results inside netduma test is said to be exceptional with zero package loss).  But I see some strange results on Speed Test and console connection test. My wireless connected laptop has 16Mbps down and 5 up, and my wired connected PS4 ony gets 8-9 Mbps down and 2 up. This is with BT infinity that claims to be 75 mbps. I did get 55 when was wired to BT hub 5 before. Any ideas?

Thank you very much in advance,

What speeds do you get if you do a wired test directly to the Netduma from a PC? :)

What speeds do you get if you do a wired test directly to the Netduma from a PC? :)

Crossy, 

When i plugged wired to Netduma i get 15-16mbps up 3 down on PC

When i plugged wired to BT Hub 5 i get 59.77mbps up and 14.06 down

My netduma is behind the DMZ enabled BT hb 5

When wired PS4 console through netduma i get 8-9 Mbps down and 2 up

When I connect PS4 wiressly I get similar result to PC wired 15 down and 3-4 up

...???

I don't know and would appreciate the help

• Netduma Staff

Crossy, 

When i plugged wired to Netduma i get 15-16mbps up 3 down on PC

When i plugged wired to BT Hub 5 i get 59.77mbps up and 14.06 down

My netduma is behind the DMZ enabled BT hb 5

When wired PS4 console through netduma i get 8-9 Mbps down and 2 up

When I connect PS4 wiressly I get similar result to PC wired 15 down and 3-4 up

...???

I don't know and would appreciate the help

Can you follow the first section of this for speeds and see if it fixes the problem :)

Can you follow the first section of this for speeds and see if it fixes the problem :)

Yes I did all that  - still running the same issue... not sure what is bottle-necking... 

And also it is strange that wireless connection gets faster speed test than wired...

• Netduma Staff

Yes I did all that  - still running the same issue... not sure what is bottle-necking... 

Can you try:

• Make sure 'Share Excess' is ticked under device prioritisation.
  • Click reset distribution then apply.
  • Make sure the sliders are set to 100%.
  • You've entered your correct download and upload speed.

• Make sure 'Share Excess' is ticked under device prioritisation. - DONE
  • Click reset distribution then apply. - DONE
  • Make sure the sliders are set to 100%. - DONE
  • You've entered your correct download and upload speed.  - I DID both cases nominal and actual test results

Archived