Major Router Upgrade Now Available (v 1.03.5)

Netduma Fraser

Have you got reactive selected as the algorithm?

yes, I did. i rebooted all routers as well, including bt. i now managed to get 40 as down and 9 up on console but this still considerably lower than if i am wired connected to bt hub.  Shall I be using turbo mode and deep packet processing unticket? or is it for speed that is higher than 100mbps? TBH i did not see much difference. Thank you for your help

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Netduma Staff

yes, I did. i rebooted all routers as well, including bt. i now managed to get 40 as down and 9 up on console but this still considerably lower than if i am wired connected to bt hub.  Shall I be using turbo mode and deep packet processing unticket? or is it for speed that is higher than 100mbps? TBH i did not see much difference. Thank you for your help

You shouldn't need turbo mode but try unticking DPP :)

You shouldn't need turbo mode but try unticking DPP :)

okay, thats what i did. i get 40 with Netduma and 67 when connected to bt hub on console. on PC i get 60+ even on wireless. something wrong with my Netduma hardware?

P.S. Thanks for great support. I can see how it is true that people say that support is tremendous :)

• Netduma Staff

okay, thats what i did. i get 40 with Netduma and 67 when connected to bt hub on console. on PC i get 60+ even on wireless. something wrong with my Netduma hardware?

Probably not hardware. I guess you could try these instruction here to make sure that it isn't any settings on the Netduma that are causing the low speeds. Make sure you tick IPv6 in all the places that the guide shows :)

Probably not hardware. I guess you could try these instruction here to make sure that it isn't any settings on the Netduma that are causing the low speeds. Make sure you tick IPv6 in all the places that the guide shows :)

followed that no significant change. PC wireless is still circa 25-30% faster 

1) There is a great variation between netduma ping value and value given in game - when i was in a game ND pinged at 15 - 19 ms  however ingame connection checker read 33ms which one is more accurate and why is there such a difference between the two sometimes the difference can as big as 60ms difference.

2) There are times when i join a lobby and that icon comes up showing outside filter range host however after a few minutes in the same lobby with no players leaving or joining these icons dissapear and i get a few red dots inside the range i set what does this mean and why am i connectiong with these people? (i beleive this could be based on their ping but i wanted to make sure if this is how it works)

3) Having issues talking to certian friends (always the same 2 people) and at times even prevents them frim joining my lobby even though i white listed them.

4) (Last question i swear lol) There can be a great variation between game to game even in the same lobby id go 4kd in one game and in the next id go like 1.2 or even negative, even though its the same lobby and most of the players are the same i know this is a hard one as player error can come into play but since purchacing the netduma you really get a feel for lag and know the difference. So often than not i can instnalty tell when the conenction isnt great as a whole the product is amazing and im really happy i bought it but i felt the product worked better on advanced warfare than on blackops 3 for some reason it had more consistency thats why ive been more active on the forums to get set up advice ect however this could also be a 3arch thing more people are on bops3 than aw and ghost combined so idk ... Anyway any imput would be greatly appreciated.

1) Just a few question with regards to geo filter/ ping assist, i usually set my range to about 700km and ping assist to 30ms - if people with higher pings are inside this range or if people with lower pings than set value are outside the range i set will i still be able to play with these people?  Yes to both

2) There is a great variation between netduma ping value and value given in game - when i was in a game ND pinged at 15 - 19 ms  however ingame connection checker read 33ms which one is more accurate and why is there such a difference between the two sometimes the difference can as big as 60ms difference. Netduma is telling you what the ping from your router to the host is, the game is telling you what the ping from your game to the host is (there is some added latency between your router and your game).

3) There are times when i join a lobby and that icon comes up showing outside filter range host however after a few minutes in the same lobby with no players leaving or joining these icons dissapear and i get a few red dots inside the range i set what does this mean and why am i connectiong with these people? (i beleive this could be based on their ping but i wanted to make sure if this is how it works).  Not sure I understand you 100% here, but if you are connecting to host outside your filter range, it is most likely because they have a ping lower than your ping assist.

4) Having issues talking to certian friends (always the same 2 people) and at times even prevents them frim joining my lobby even though i white listed them. Is this on Black Ops 3?  Because BO3 has party issues right now, so just be aware that might be the cause of your issue.  But you can also try to expand your geo-filter until they are within range.  Can they now join your lobby, and can you now speak to them?

5) (Last question i swear lol) There can be a great variation between game to game even in the same lobby id go 4kd in one game and in the next id go like 1.2 or even negative, even though its the same lobby and most of the players are the same i know this is a hard one as player error can come into play but since purchacing the netduma you really get a feel for lag and know the difference so often than not i can instnalty tell when the conenction isnt great as a whole the product is amazing and im reappy happy i bought it but i felt the product worked better on advanced warfare than on blackops 3 for some reasion it had more consistency thats why ive been more active on the forums to get set up advice ect however this could also be a 3arch thing more people are on bops3 than aw and ghost combined so idk ... Anyway any imput would be greatly appreciated. It's this way every time a new game is released, Netduma will get better over time with each game, and Treyarch will fix whatever server side issues they are having.

I have bolded my answers above, hopefully this helps.

What is your upload speed?

300 up.  I only get about 150 consistency on the netduma.  I think it has something to do with the sliders because one time a moved them down and back to 100% and hit update distribution and got about 250 up.  It didn't stay that way for long though.

It's most definitely the congestion control.

You can mess around with the Up/Down percentages and for the most part it will scale well.

Mess with priority and it's a no go from there regardless of share excess.  It only works once distribution has been reset/applied then don't touch.  As previously stated, enhanced priority implementation is being worked on so this looks to be temporary.

This topic was dicussed before if i recall however not fully explained, i wanted to add another router to my set up currenty im running MODEM - RI but i wanted to add another router to it, so i wanted Modem - R1 - Router .... My console will be connected to the R1 and everything else coming off the router is this okay or will this not be recommeded? Reason being is i live in a pretty packed house hold with a lot of devices currently connected to the R1 however id prefer jsut my console connected to the R1. Will this cause any issues for me int he long run? What i was going to do was give the ps4 and the second rotuer each static ips and organise a 50 / 50 bandwitdh split.

Thnx :)

that's interesting, so device prioritization works fine for you?

to be honest it is near impossible for me to tell if it has any effect. i have so many devices on my network to begin with... but i keep my workstation, xbox and ps4 all prioritized. the rest have tiny prioritization if any from where they default down. i have share excess ticked.

i would probably have to run network loading tests to verify that i just dont have the time or care to do.... BUT it doesnt seem to affect my overall speeds when testing, unless of course the sliders are adjusted. right now they are at 100% while i am trying to track down this MTU issue of it slowing down.

Can we get some official acknowledgement that there is an issue with congestion control in 1.03.5?

My internet speeds are 120Mb down and 20Mb up.  Using my old router I get consistent speed tests of 120/20 on both my computer and Xbox one, both are connected directly through ethernet.

When I speed test the R1 I get 90/10 on my computer and roughly 55/2.5 on my Xbox one.

I'm not really bothered by the loss of upload speed on my Xbox but only getting half the upload speeds I pay for on my computer is a problem.

I've also tried everything posted and there are too many other people having the same issue for it to be isolated.

• Netduma Staff

Can we get some official acknowledgement that there is an issue with congestion control in 1.03.5?

My internet speeds are 120Mb down and 20Mb up.  Using my old router I get consistent speed tests of 120/20 on both my computer and Xbox one, both are connected directly through ethernet.

When I speed test the R1 I get 90/10 on my computer and roughly 55/2.5 on my Xbox one.

I'm not really bothered by the loss of upload speed on my Xbox but only getting half the upload speeds I pay for on my computer is a problem.

I've also tried everything posted and there are too many other people having the same issue for it to be isolated.

Have you tried reseting distribution and pressing apply under device prioritisation?

Have you tried reseting distribution and pressing apply under device prioritisation?

Yes, I've also tried to isolate the problem by removing all other devices and only having the Xbox one plugged into the router and it still has the speed issue.

Archived