Major Router Upgrade Now Available (v 1.03.5)

Netduma Fraser

Yes, I've also tried to isolate the problem by removing all other devices and only having the Xbox one plugged into the router and it still has the speed issue.

Same for me.  I've tried everything recommended and I still get half of my upload when plugged into the netduma.  It is fine when plugged directly into isp router.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try switching mtu to manual with proper setting, Google how to find yours... Can try 1500, that's how I kicked mine into full speeds. Only last a few days however before I have to switch back to auto, then repeat cycle.

I just attempted this also just to rule it out as the problem and it made no difference in what I've been experiencing.

They just need to acknowledge there's an issue and say they intend to fix it.

The last thing anybody wants is a router that hinders you from using the internet speeds you're paying for, this needs to be addressed.

If the problem is congestion control then allow me to turn it off.  I don't know of any other router that offers QoS that doesn't allow you to turn it off.

CC at 100% or Super Turbo mode are the same as it being off.

I'm surprised people can't get their speeds, there's more probability it's user error than anything else, that's not meant to be an insult to any user but if you flashed the firmware correctly you shouldn't have an issue if you followed all the steps correctly before/after firmware update.

I anticipate some heat but I'm willing to assist in getting issues sorted.

Peace.

CC at 100% or Super Turbo mode are the same as it being off.

I'm surprised people can't get their speeds, there's more probability it's user error than anything else, that's not meant to be an insult to any user but if you flashed the firmware correctly you shouldn't have an issue if you followed all the steps correctly before/after firmware update.

I anticipate some heat but I'm willing to assist in getting issues sorted.

Peace.

So everybody experiencing the same issue is user error?

I've isolated everything, even attempted running the duma with the console as the only device and the issue is still there.

There's something wrong with their update, it might not have affected your setup but it has caused an issue with enough people that it'd be naive to call it user error.

So everybody experiencing the same issue is user error?

I've isolated everything, even attempted running the duma with the console as the only device and the issue is still there.

There's something wrong with their update, it might not have affected your setup but it has caused an issue with enough people that it'd be naive to call it user error.

Ok, let's say I agreed with you, let's say I'm being naive, let's change that.

How did you come to the conclusion that you isolated everything?

• Administrators

Everyone who has had issues with speed so far that I've done a 1 on 1 with has been resolved by doing the things that has already been suggested. That's not to say it's the same for everyone but just letting you know that is what I've encountered so far. 

Iain is working on an upgrade to split the device prioritisation so this will no longer be an issue as well as other UI improvements to make it easier to use as shown here http://forum.netduma.com/topic/9309-tech-support-update/

If you are absolutely certain you have done everything suggested you can PM me for a 1 on 1. Please keep in mind I will be very quick - less than 5 mins per person because I can't do everyone. PM me with the subject line #1on1 so I know you're aware of what I've said. Also include your expected speeds in the message. 

Is it possible to actually determine what causes lag comp? As it is no longer a myth and widely accepted that it is a very dominant force in the call of duty franchise, It is very unclear as to what it does or who it effects let along who is on the good/bad side of it and you have variety of people saying reduce download, reduce upload, play wireless, play wired, use 3G others say no use 4G people say its all a huge mess and very very VERY complicated! My issue is this when i compare my game play to a friend who i watched play he runs mid map and just shoots up everything and it seems like people dont even react or bother to shoot back God forbid i even peak my head out i have like 4 enemies ready to rush the crap out of me i just dont get it whats really confusing is that he has a very very VERY poor internet connection an upload of around 300 - 400 Kbps and download of about 1 Meg on a good day for him and he says his ping is usually 70 - 150 ms however when i watch him play he rushes in, destroys people in 3 - 4 bullets with a suppressed gun easily dropping triple spray's with one clip! But when i run with a similar set up empty half a clip into an enemy  before he drops leaving me with the remington red screen Not to mention it feels like when i challenge people they are already aware of my presence before i even make my move its like im expected the classic they see me first scenario. When i compare my internet specs to his and the difference between not our game plays but how the enemies react it just blows my mind my net is 80 down 20 up with 6 - 8 ms ping 1ms jitter. Im sure a lof of people already know who MarkofJ is just looking at his gameplays i know hes an amazing player so im not comparing myself to him in any way but instead im comparing how the enemies react to him compared to how enemies react to me J runs into the battlefield completely destroys people and not one fires a bullet or even pulls up their guns until hes already taken out 2 - 3 people a lot of the time one on ones he wins about 90% of the time without even getting shot ... I just dont get it :\ with my net specs and duma set up i feel as i should be winning a lot more of the 50/50s i get into to but just isnt the case which has be shouting at my monitor lol -.- frustrating times!! One thing is for sure though the Netduma worked better on Advanced warfare from my experience. - PS im aware this isnt the place for this topic but non of the other topics suited so ive posted it here sorry in advance!

id like to know which isp he has so i can order it.

Is it possible to actually determine what causes lag comp? As it is no longer a myth and widely accepted that it is a very dominant force in the call of duty franchise, It is very unclear as to what it does or who it effects let along who is on the good/bad side of it and you have variety of people saying reduce download, reduce upload, play wireless, play wired, use 3G others say no use 4G people say its all a huge mess and very very VERY complicated! My issue is this when i compare my game play to a friend who i watched play he runs mid map and just shoots up everything and it seems like people dont even react or bother to shoot back God forbid i even peak my head out i have like 4 enemies ready to rush the crap out of me i just dont get it whats really confusing is that he has a very very VERY poor internet connection an upload of around 300 - 400 Kbps and download of about 1 Meg on a good day for him and he says his ping is usually 70 - 150 ms however when i watch him play he rushes in, destroys people in 3 - 4 bullets with a suppressed gun easily dropping triple spray's with one clip! But when i run with a similar set up empty half a clip into an enemy  before he drops leaving me with the remington red screen Not to mention it feels like when i challenge people they are already aware of my presence before i even make my move its like im expected the classic they see me first scenario. When i compare my internet specs to his and the difference between not our game plays but how the enemies react it just blows my mind my net is 80 down 20 up with 6 - 8 ms ping 1ms jitter. Im sure a lof of people already know who MarkofJ is just looking at his gameplays i know hes an amazing player so im not comparing myself to him in any way but instead im comparing how the enemies react to him compared to how enemies react to me J runs into the battlefield completely destroys people and not one fires a bullet or even pulls up their guns until hes already taken out 2 - 3 people a lot of the time one on ones he wins about 90% of the time without even getting shot ... I just dont get it :\ with my net specs and duma set up i feel as i should be winning a lot more of the 50/50s i get into to but just isnt the case which has be shouting at my monitor lol -.- frustrating times!! One thing is for sure though the Netduma worked better on Advanced warfare from my experience. - PS im aware this isnt the place for this topic but non of the other topics suited so ive posted it here sorry in advance!

You should go to your friends. Login, play a few games and see how you fare. If your able to that is?  

id like to know which isp he has so i can order it.

Very valid point about J's connection thats why i was curious about how lag comp actually works and with regards to playing with friends connection unfortunately this isnt an option he lives in Germany.

Internet Speeds First Off: Down - 3Mbps, Up - 0.9Mbps

Before I upgraded to the current version, everything was running ok, we typically have between 5-10 devices connected at a time (I know that's a lot for the internet speed, that was the reason we bought the Netduma, and loved it.) and everyone could use the internet just fine, 1-2 people could watch Netflix or YouTube and the they would fight for bandwidth but it would still work ok, 360-480p.

Well, after upgrading to 1.03.5, things have gone downhill fast. After factory resetting, downgrading, upgrading again, and resetting again, we still have problems. The problems we are having is that at times, some devices can't even load a website, it will time out, or just error. Some times the Netduma page (192.168.88.1) won't load, even though it is trying, telling me it is getting some sort of a connection. The network monitor graphs are displaying at 0 all the time (even after resetting, it would work for a day and then stop again). YouTube wasn't loading half the time, and when it did, it was horrible quality. Yet, speed tests are normal, getting the ping and speed that I should. And I was having the loading issues after downgrading and testing again.

So, I'm out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated. (I'm a computer guy and can't figure it out, so...)

EDIT: Just checked, the graphs are working, not sure for how long though. (Plus, they are stuttering at 1s intervals.)

• Netduma Staff

Internet Speeds First Off: Down - 3Mbps, Up - 0.9Mbps

Before I upgraded to the current version, everything was running ok, we typically have between 5-10 devices connected at a time (I know that's a lot for the internet speed, that was the reason we bought the Netduma, and loved it.) and everyone could use the internet just fine, 1-2 people could watch Netflix or YouTube and the they would fight for bandwidth but it would still work ok, 360-480p.

Well, after upgrading to 1.03.5, things have gone downhill fast. After factory resetting, downgrading, upgrading again, and resetting again, we still have problems. The problems we are having is that at times, some devices can't even load a website, it will time out, or just error. Some times the Netduma page (192.168.88.1) won't load, even though it is trying, telling me it is getting some sort of a connection. The network monitor graphs are displaying at 0 all the time (even after resetting, it would work for a day and then stop again). YouTube wasn't loading half the time, and when it did, it was horrible quality. Yet, speed tests are normal, getting the ping and speed that I should. And I was having the loading issues after downgrading and testing again.

So, I'm out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated. (I'm a computer guy and can't figure it out, so...)

EDIT: Just checked, the graphs are working, not sure for how long though. (Plus, they are stuttering at 1s intervals.)

Hey, welcome to the forum,

Are you using Google Chrome and have you by any chance enabled your computer on the GeoFilter which could be blocking websites? :)

• Administrators

Fraser and Iain not active on forum I think they are working hard on R1.....

We've been super busy and regrettably I haven't been as active as I would like on the forum due to this. AHodak, if Chrome doesn't work for you please do PM me and I can take a look as soon as I can

Anyone who is having speed issues after upgrade check if you are connecting to the internet via PPPOE. 

I am using PPPOE on the Duma and have lower speeds after upgrade.  Had my 1 on 1 with Iain, and he also said that turbo mode will not work with PPPOE. 

Don't know if this is relevant to anyone, just sharing my case.

I've boxed my duma up till the next update rolls out.

Throughout is down random reboots and the User Interface is lagging it can take up 2 minutes load the geo filter network monitor ect I've tried different Web browsers tried alsorts of combinations in the misc settings with no avail. The problem to me seems theres not enough available ram in the duma to run the new update. Fingers crossed it will be sorted on the next release till then it's staying in the box.

• Administrators

Throughout is down random reboots and the User Interface is lagging it can take up 2 minutes load the geo filter network monitor ect I've tried different Web browsers tried alsorts of combinations in the misc settings with no avail. The problem to me seems theres not enough available ram in the duma to run the new update. Fingers crossed it will be sorted on the next release till then it's staying in the box.

I would say do a reboot from settings > miscellaneous and see if that resolves it. Otherwise a factory reset from settings > miscellaneous should work

I'd only agree if I had that issue too, but I don't, so it can't be the Duma having memory issues.

I'm seeing more trends of flashing incorrectly and others not following the proper steps that have lead to issues, not saying you're guilty of any of this but it's a new forum trend amongst a small minority.

Archived