Major Router Upgrade Now Available (v 1.03.5)

Netduma Fraser

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've boxed my duma up till the next update rolls out.

Throughout is down random reboots and the User Interface is lagging it can take up 2 minutes load the geo filter network monitor ect I've tried different Web browsers tried alsorts of combinations in the misc settings with no avail. The problem to me seems theres not enough available ram in the duma to run the new update. Fingers crossed it will be sorted on the next release till then it's staying in the box.

I also decided the duma isn't worth using as a primary router with the current update.  I have a networking background and I've never had so many issues with a router before, the one thing that baffles me the most is when I factory reset it in the config or by using the button the back it'll still retain settings.  That's just something that should never happen and is indicative of problems that have nothing to do with user error.  The internet speed issue is still a problem for a number of people but they just choose to overlook it.

The one positive thing is host filtering works.  If the only device that'll be plugged into the duma is your gaming console then you won't lose much but if you intend on replacing your current router with the duma people better think twice.

• Administrators

I also decided the duma isn't worth using as a primary router with the current update.  I have a networking background and I've never had so many issues with a router before, the one thing that baffles me the most is when I factory reset it in the config or by using the button the back it'll still retain settings.  That's just something that should never happen and is indicative of problems that have nothing to do with user error.  The internet speed issue is still a problem for a number of people but they just choose to overlook it.

The one positive thing is host filtering works.  If the only device that'll be plugged into the duma is your gaming console then you won't lose much but if you intend on replacing your current router with the duma people better think twice.

Other than factory reset, what issues are you personally having? For speeds reset device prio & apply is what is needed whilst Iain splits them for the new upgrade.

• Netduma Staff

i read that with the new ping assist you could use ping assist by itself instead of the geofilter.. how do i do that?

Set your home location to the see, make sure strict mode is on, make GeoFilter as small as possible and put ping assist on about 40ms.

Set your home location to the see, make sure strict mode is on, make GeoFilter as small as possible and put ping assist on about 40ms.

I've seen multiple people asking about this. the solution is simple, but there also could be a checkbox next to strict mode saying ping assist only. it could automatically change the radius to 111 and toss your home to the north pole. maybe also set the PA to baseping + 10. so not to confuse anyone it could then hide the entire circle and turn the radiusmeter transparent.

• Netduma Staff

I've seen multiple people asking about this. the solution is simple, but there also could be a checkbox next to strict mode saying ping assist only. it could automatically change the radius to 111 and toss your home to the north pole. maybe also set the PA to baseping + 10. so not to confuse anyone it could then hide the entire circle and turn the radiusmeter transparent.

That's a pretty good idea! There are gaming profiles being added so maybe this could be one of the pre-made profiles :)

more like june mate

Iain is a work horse, he really does want to push out these updates and please everbody (a tough feat) but he also wants to relax and enjoy the router as he envisioned it originally.

This .6 update he's working on right now is a step toward that, but the .7 or 2.0 fw with anti-jitter will be, unless I'm mistaken, the serious BIG update before some calm and some time for the poor guy to relax, all he's done has move on from fw to fw (it takes its toll).

At the end of the day, he's just one man and one year on, even after the R1 does as advertised, he continues pumping out these fw's, for us.

i was thinking about this last night ,what would be nice is if there were a  switch (not a physical switch) that completely bypasses the Netduma just in case we are not sure if its just our imagination or are we just having a good or bad day personally.

sometimes I'm confused as to what i did to make game play better but i do not know if i did the right thing or not in the adjustments i did earlier. it would give us a good idea if the router was adjusted a lot better when we switched the bypass button. :)

Did this get announced on the @Netduma twitter? I don't check the forums often, so I just found out .5 got officially released. I follow both Ian and Netduma and didn't see mention of an official release. Did I just miss it?

You missed it, it was announced multiple times.

• Administrators

today i turned of gf and had alot better games so the new update is shit. can always add staff to get things done 

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds to me like you have incorrect settings. Try playing with the Geo-filter off for awhile, I'm sure you will end up hating the connection after the 5th time of being connected to a host half way around the world. When that occurs please do let us know your settings so we can help.

Did this get announced on the @Netduma twitter? I don't check the forums often, so I just found out .5 got officially released. I follow both Ian and Netduma and didn't see mention of an official release. Did I just miss it? 

We haven't pushed it aggressively as Iain is working on a more UI friendly, fixing common tech support Q's upgrade that will come out in the near future - I imagine

We haven't pushed it aggressively as Iain is working on a more UI friendly, fixing common tech support Q's upgrade that will come out in the near future - I imagine

It's almost Christmas guys I think you should wrap up early and enjoy it til the new year

Thanks for everything so far it's been an awesome year of gaming for me

Just wanted to throw this out there:

Was having some bad spikes and had been putting off a factory reset, just reser and got all my settings sorted out and wow - all my speeds tests are MUCH smoother. I got some exemptional! on the Duma tests as well. Can't wait to try out some games when I can.

Listen to me for this, if you never listen to me for anything else!

Every time you flash to a new firmware version, even if it's a slight update, factory reset your R1 right after, especially before playing online!

+1 to that I do the exact same.

Archived