Major Router Upgrade Now Available (v 1.03.5)

Netduma Fraser

I tried putting my home in the Atlantic Ocean and reduced the geo to the lowest it could possibly go and ping at around 25 mm since my home ping is about 12 to 15 mm. Won't find any hosts or games. IIt still seems to only connect to Tampa or Atlanta servers only if the geo is opened. I live in central america and would like to try out p2p but haven't expirienced that yet with the netduma on black ops 3. Any advice.Tampa servers 50 to 60 ping isn't all that bad. But I would love to expirience as low as 30 ping in a game. Should I tick bleeding edge on the new firmware? A real nice and patient advice?

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make sure you have the upload slider at 100% and reset device prioritisation & update.

Make sure you have your anti-flood sliders at 100% and reset device prioritisation & update.

You can rename it from the device manager just click edit.

Have you followed the instructions for the Geo-filter, done a hard refresh & chosen the new service?

Have you followed the instructions for the Geo-filter, done a hard refresh & chosen the new service?

What are your speeds? Make sure you reset device prioritisation and apply

ive done everything and still no games found 

• Administrators

. How do you avoid it , I can't get games if I reduce the GEO ?

Last night the servers were down. Give it a go tonight. If you insist on not playing it I recommend:

• Move home out of way
  • Select strict mode
  • Set ping assist to 0ms
  • Make your size big enough to get games but avoiding Irelan

For example move yourselve to Northern France and just clip South England, Germany, etc while avoiding Ireland. 

I do live in central América too and there is No way to get a lobby with 30 ping, because we aren't interconnect in Latin America, all countries here connects directly to USA through a ocean fiber optic cable,is not like in USA that every state is interconnect, the same for EUROPE,Latin America will interconnect in a future but not at the moment,to provide an example if I sent a message through SKYPE to someone in Panamá that message goes first to MIAMI,FL and them to PANAMÁ, so that means that my message makes two routes,LAIN for future customer in Latin America this is very important for you to know.

• Administrators

I upgraded and did a Factory reset.  I have 300up/300dn connection.  Getting good d/l but upload is acting stuck about 150.  Any ideas?  Upload is 300 when plugged directly into main router.

Make sure anti-flood is set to 100% and your device prioritisation is reset ( Click Reset Distribution then click Apply Distribution )

• Administrators

After the upgrade my duma is now randomly restarting itself. Any ideas why???

You are the only one having this issue mate. If it's still happening please disable turbo mode. Does it still restart? 

• Administrators

Where did you guys get the update for 1.3.5 i can't find it ???

- Tom

See the first post for this thread Tommy, and please ready very carefully. Enjoy!

• Administrators

I would need a tech to check my router please after updated not only router cannot find my Xbox one anymore it gave it a random name i was able to recognize it because I gave it a static ip to my Xbox anyways please help so I can fully enjoyed my black ops 3 I am having a better experience playing with my modem plug directly so far thanks

Please go to "Settings > Misc" then go to the cloud section. Tick autocloud and tick bleeding edge. Then click apply. Now try searching. 

If that fails take a screenshot of the entire host filtering page and post it here please. 

• Administrators

this means both are scaled the same way right?

priorization of 5%:

5% of your specified download

5% of your specified upload

would be nice to have independant scales with the next update, preferably with the option to insert values so i can set a device to eg 1mbit down 1mbit up

The next version will give you far more bandwidth management then just asymmetric device prio :) 

• Administrators

I tried putting my home in the Atlantic Ocean and reduced the geo to the lowest it could possibly go and ping at around 25 mm since my home ping is about 12 to 15 mm. Won't find any hosts or games. IIt still seems to only connect to Tampa or Atlanta servers only if the geo is opened. I live in central america and would like to try out p2p but haven't expirienced that yet with the netduma on black ops 3. Any advice.Tampa servers 50 to 60 ping isn't all that bad. But I would love to expirience as low as 30 ping in a game. Should I tick bleeding edge on the new firmware? A real nice and patient advice?

Unfortuately it sounds like Central America cannot get pings as low as EU or USA. I'd suggest setting your ping assist to 50ms and trying that. 

• Administrators

ive done everything and still no games found 

Please take a screenshot of your entire "Host Filtering" page and post here. Also go to "Settings > Misc" and make sure you have auto cloud and bleeding edge ticked. Then click apply. 

• Administrators

I do live in central América too and there is No way to get a lobby with 30 ping, because we aren't interconnect in Latin America, all countries here connects directly to USA through a ocean fiber optic cable,is not like in USA that every state is interconnect, the same for EUROPE,Latin America will interconnect in a future but not at the moment,to provide an example if I sent a message through SKYPE to someone in Panamá that message goes first to MIAMI,FL and them to PANAMÁ, so that means that my message makes two routes,LAIN for future customer in Latin America this is very important for you to know.

Thanks for informing me Josh. Hope those new pipes get installed soon b/c gaming will be amazing for you then :)

• Administrators

I followed the update to a T and now my download speeds are worse than before. I read through this entire post and have rechecked everything. I might need a dev to look at my router.

I pay for 150d/30u

The best test I get 10-15d

please help.!

Please go to "Congestion Control" and at the bottom click "Reset Distribution" then click "Apply Distribution". Also slide the anti-flood to 100% both ways. Then restart the test. 

• Administrators

problem with speed and ping after update, need help !! can some dev check it out. i followed the instructions for the update and made a test. but the router seems to slow my speed and the pings fly away. 

Please make sure that you disable IPv6 by doing:

• Going to "Setting > LAN" then disabling IPv6
  • Going to "Setting > WAN" then disabling IPV6
  • Going to "Settings > Misc" and untick link-local IPv6

Also make sure you perform the test using a gigabit ethernet cable not wireless. 

Archived