NEW R3 FIRMWARE 4.0.41

18 hours ago, TrayDay said:

Hit registration is amazing once you dial in your settings. 

I’ve been having way more amazing fun games rather than headache in my shots not connecting. 

For me, steady ping been amazing for my connection. When my ping shows similarly to what it shows on geo-filter. Everything is crisp for me. 

Mine is hopefully arriving tomorrow. What is the best way to go about tuning settings? Any specifics you followed? Or advice? Thanks

I'm thinking to replace the R3 with my old router. Nothing works, constant wifi disconnects  and no connection to UI interface. It's not the experience I imagined before buying. You can read that you should perform a restart or a factory reset all the time. Is that all the meaning and purpose of the whole time? How long do we have to wait for the product to work 100% ?

1 hour ago, bowthorpe123 said:

Mine is hopefully arriving tomorrow. What is the best way to go about tuning settings? Any specifics you followed? Or advice? Thanks

its your connection speed i suggest for gaming (COD) cut it in half then move it up 10 or 20mb at a time to find the sweet spot, for mp 90 percent download and 100 percent upload for br 50 / 50 is what works best for me

23 minutes ago, VanillaCokeZz said:

I'm thinking to replace the R3 with my old router. Nothing works, constant wifi disconnects  and no connection to UI interface. It's not the experience I imagined before buying. You can read that you should perform a restart or a factory reset all the time. Is that all the meaning and purpose of the whole time? How long do we have to wait for the product to work 100% ?

i went back to the r2 to they came out with the 41 update

2 hours ago, bowthorpe123 said:

The best way to go about settings is slapping a return label on the box. Nothing they do work. I’m starting to realize I was scammed.  There are gaming VPNs out there that do a much better job. 

2 minutes ago, Psyco-Mengo said:

The best way to go about settings is slapping a return label on the box. Nothing they do work. I’m starting to realize I was scammed.  There are gaming VPNs out there that do a much better job. 

What are you going to use a vpn for? You know they do not work for cod at the current moment.

1 hour ago, VanillaCokeZz said:

How far do you have your console from the router?? The WiFi on the netduma r3 may not be the best but it works and the range is okay. You may have to scan WiFi channels in your area and find the best channel to use with lowest interference. As far as not being able to connect to the UI the default ip to the router is 192.168.77.1

3 hours ago, bowthorpe123 said:

Basically, what @TODDzillaInLAsaid. I mainly play battle royale’s. Cutting my speed in half helps eliminate bufferbloat. As far as close quarter or multiplayer, setting to 90% should do. 
also make sure you add your “priority” game to the SmartQOS and make it number one on the list. 

So far .41 is an improvement. All previous versions the Chicago server for me on COD is always 12-14 ping with my internet provider router. The R3 was 40-45 with steady ping and 30 with steady ping turned off . Now it is 25 with steady ping and 14 with it turned off.

3 hours ago, TrayDay said:

Basically, what @TODDzillaInLAsaid. I mainly play battle royale’s. Cutting my speed in half helps eliminate bufferbloat. As far as close quarter or multiplayer, setting to 90% should do. 
also make sure you add your “priority” game to the SmartQOS and make it number one on the list. 

@TrayDayhit detection on point!!! dropped another nuke but this time with the MCW prob the worse MW3 AR in the game

5 hours ago, Psyco-Mengo said:

This is dissappointing to hear, I’ve been using a software based geofence now for sometime to use East coast servers and geofence Europe at times. 

I was hoping one of these R3’s would enhance this and allow me to be more pinpoint to where I wish to play.

when you say you were scammed and VPNS do a better job? In what way?

14 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

eeehhh your one of those... 🤦🏿‍♂️

A lot of crying and the fact the most do not read and want to be spoon fed  is what is ridiculous. If you do not like to tinker you bought the wrong item!

I knew this was coming LOL

14 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

For br turn everything off!!! disable everything!!!! and set the sliders to 100% but put your bandwidth at half the speeds if you have 100mb down and 20 mb up set it to 50 and 10 and if your on console then we are screwed no matter what if a pc player is 140fps or higher

make sure to put settings back the way you had them for MP

I give this a go cheers

@Netduma Fraser @Netduma Alex

This firmware 4.0.41 using pppoe with pingplotter increases my ping by 4ms compared to doing the test with the modem alone (where the line is more stable without changes compared to having Netduma R3 in cascade). I have a TIM FTTC 200 mega line with the Tim Hub Plus Technicolor modem. To improve smartboost. If I put efootball as priority the upload does not perform in the download comparison test. In fact, with smartboost deactivated the Playstation 5 improves in game. I hope you fix this problem in PPPOE.

23 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Usually 1-2 working days to most countries. I don't know if there will be a beta or not, I think we settled on potentially just releasing it publicly on the forum for people to try and then we'll push it to routers gradually so essentially there is a 'beta' period as any issues could then block a wide rollout. 

We will be looking into it, I believe it's related to IPv6 or SmartBOOST being enabled.

I responded to you on this in another topic I believe.

Are they definitely the same servers? They would say denied at the top when you ping it. Could you clarify? If it's within your radius it is allowed and you can add to the allow list.

Still haven't got tracking yet

18 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

eeehhh your one of those... 🤦🏿‍♂️

A lot of crying and the fact the most do not read and want to be spoon fed  is what is ridiculous. If you do not like to tinker you bought the wrong item!

Lmao why you pretending to be black?

also spoon fed? If you say so, I know my way around the routers and my network. Your nukes are clearly against no thumb players and you post it on here making it out that the router is what gave you the lobbies giving people that aren’t so tech savvy false hope.

• Administrators
23 hours ago, Matthew_D said:

@Netduma Fraser  @Netduma Alex i manually updated it an everything is fine except that it still doesn't ping the servers really when i play.. it does stabilize my connection just doesn't show the ping is that still a thing i thought it was gonna be a little better. or does it not matter that it don't ping much?

Not all game servers respond well to pings, they may also have restrictions on them as well which makes it harder, we'll do what we can to make it happen more often but may not always to be possible.

21 hours ago, Davinci77 said:

Hello, is there a new update for the R2 router users? Mine seems buggy and won’t connect me to a specific geolocation that I prefer.

Best to make a new topic and we can help you there.

19 hours ago, Proud R3 Owner said:

So I tried to sync the cloud in geo and the router crashed I guess, lost internet connection and wouldn't let me into the gui. I just turned the R3 off from the switch on the back then waited about 30 seconds or so then turned it back on.  Now, I don't see Geo Latency or Steady Ping in the Geo page.  It's like it's not even there.  Here's some SS's and a log to help.

R3_2024-02-04T19_54_19.260Z_logs.txt 118.42 kB · 0 downloads

Do a hard refresh on the page and they should re-appear. Logs are wiped after a reboot so won't be anything helpful there unfortunately. We've had some similar issues so we're looking into it.

18 hours ago, xNotTheBestJedi said:

General thoughts about .41 

- Great improvement in general D/U speeds and WIFI performance. Good work!
- Ping is very low. I always had low ping and a bufferbloat score of A but now it's A+ everytime.
- Smartboost works well only if the deep packet inspection is consistent. Sometimes it doesn't classify gaming traffic correctly and it gets the "Unkwonwn" tag. Devices on the other hand get prioritized perfectly.
- Deep packet inspection consistency wouldn't be an issue if Steady Ping didn't rely on this feature to work. I observed that when DPI is not working, Steady Ping doesn't work either. So it's very important to have a consistent DPI performance.
- Steady ping is great when it works, I have a ping to COD servers of 60 - 90 ms and when steady ping is active it doesn't matter if a have a higher ping, the game feels very smooth and responsive. I think this is one of the best new features you implemented. Great work! Need it to work all the time.
- Geo Latency needs a lot of work. It allows connections to servers outside the Geofence consistently. 
- And lastly the GeoFilter mostly works but it had happened on occasion that it gets a connection outside the fence even with Geolatency off.

Overall I had a good experience with this update but there is still some more work to be done. The router is actually very good and I'm very happy with the experience. Thank you for the continued support. 

Thank you for your feedback, glad to hear you're having a generally good experience so far, it will just get better!

2 hours ago, Spazz said:

@Netduma FraserNa, rebooting didnt fix the loss of RGB. It's ok. I can deal with it as long as the router itself is functioning. 

Disable it on the interface, reboot, enable, reboot then see if it works

29 minutes ago, fabigas said:

@euphidrahow u Set up ppoe?

i put in My Login from ISP. then i Insert vlan 7 and save. but save is Not made and IT restarts. then i can mit acces interface anymore and need to fsctory reset? 

I responded to your other post about this

On 1/31/2024 at 6:59 AM, Netduma Alex said:

Hi everyone,

We have a brand new R3 firmware for you. It includes many important fixes based on the feedback we received since the launch, including addressing issues with Steady Ping and Geo-Filter 2.0 to make them more reliable. The full change log is provided at the bottom of this thread.

Over the next few days, you will be able to upgrade automatically by clicking on the 'Update Available' option in your user interface (both mobile and desktop). However, if you prefer, you can manually upgrade your R3 now using a PC or laptop by following these steps:

1. Download the attached upgrade file.
  2. Reboot your R3 - this is a one-off as this new firmware contains improvements to make manual upgrading smoother in the future.
  3. Go to the Netduma R3 user interface on your PC/laptop.
  4. Navigate to >Settings >Troubleshooting and then click Upload Firmware.
  5. Choose the file and then upload it. You'll need to wait a few minutes for the upload to complete..

If you upgraded to version 4.0.40 last week, we recommend upgrading to this new 4.0.41 as soon as possible. The previous firmware had a niche packet reordering bug affecting login issues for games like Fortnite. It also made Geo-Filter 2.0 less reliable. These issues are now fixed in the latest release.

R3-4.0.41.sig 37.77 MB · 493 downloads

What's Next?

Good news: Hybrid VPN development is complete for the R3 and is now in testing. We've redesigned the frontend for Hybrid-VPN to make it easier and clearer compared to DumaOS 3. We're excited for you to try it out! In the next few days, we'll be moving it to closed beta testing, and if all goes well, we should have it with you very soon along with fixes to make Ping Optimiser run more reliably and improved IPv6 support.

Please continue to provide us with your feedback so we can keep making your R3 experience better and better.

Changelog:

Reveal hidden contents

Changelog for this version:

• Improvements to Steady Ping
  • Improvements to Geo-Latency
  • Improvements to stability of upgrade tool, especially manual upgrade
  • Improvements to performance during high bandwidth usage
  • Fixed a bug when disabling multiple devices in Adblocker
  • Fixed packet reordering issues in 4.0.40 that affected logging in for some games 
  • Added ability to select individual server in Ping Heatmap when servers are grouped together
  • Improved reliability of Speed Test
  • Reduced CPU usage of certain services that were causing ping spikes for some users
  • Various frontend styling fixes

Alternative download link.

Thank you for using the Netduma R3.

Wish I could join closed beta testing I just bought a r3 it shipped today I can't wait to try it out! Should be end of this week or maybe next!

Is PPPOE sorted yet?

I've a 900mb BT fibre to the home connection which I'm having to use my old router for with the R3 in the DMZ. If I use the R3 direct connected to the ONT modem I only get half the available speed, getting a bit irritated at having to run my old router as well as the R3.