NEW R3 FIRMWARE 4.0.41

Oh I should have mentioned, that there was peculiar stuff going on with the logs on 4.0.41 FW, None of them were populating properly, and the date line was just pausing, then it would redraw extremely quickly, this was all insync  with the my game stuttering and rubberbanding.

4 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

Everyone's gaming environment is different so my settings not going to work for you since i have a 2gige internet connection and the duma only supports up to 1gige so its already cutting my connection in half by 50%. I have frontier 2gige for my gaming only! Only thing connected to my frontier connection is the r3 then my xbox and pc, I have a Spectrum internet tv bundle for the rest of the house to connect to.

the bot lobbies is coming from the geo filter settings.

TO: @x12Tyler

VPN's no longer work at the moment for CODt!!! If your using a vpn and when the name server tries to ping you back and its not completing the handshake because your using a vpn and is masking your location activison is using this to throw you in the worst SBMM lobbies possible im pretty sure they are even putting you in shadown ban lobbies. A bunch of different companies have paid me and even gave me life time subscriptions to there services to try their vpns and since the end of December to now when using a vpn the lobbies are filled with hackers.(Warzone worse then Multiplayer)

TO EVERYONE:

Geo filter - i have my home pin set to Washington and i have my geo map set to the 2 to 4ping server to where i live i added a pic so you can see locations of the servers that pop up on the ping map. (GREEN DOTS ARE THE SERVERS)

image.thumb.png.00e413e049e989f5657da3cbd91902eb.png

I live in southern cali and there are a couple servers down here (pic below) that do not show on the ping map (RED DOT IS ME)

image.thumb.png.cbc89a6bd0c06cd7d49befac2dfb7f92.png

how you get routed to the server will brake SBMM so all your skill level blah blah blah is true but you can use the duma routers to brake it!

and here is me connected to 3ping server thats not on the heat map (WHITE CIRCLE WITH XBOX CONNTROLLER IS ME RED DOT IS GAME SERVER)

image.thumb.png.0607580ce8e249b745524bb4fb99ac6f.png

hit detection and all that other stuff is all you dialing in your connection to your gaming environment.

Its crazy how TOXIC this NETduma community is. I been using the r1 since 2015. The majority of you all bought a duma product cause you watched something that showed bot lobbies. I provide proof how this is possible and some complain, cry, or disagree instead of being like some members that are actually smart enough to DM me and ask me how? (NETduma them self does not promote their product that way but alot of you still purchased them for that.) You guys are using Beta firmware but cry and complain because things are not working and there's even people on here posting to ask for refunds when they do not even own a NETDUMA product. I guarantee if NETduma devs made it to where you had to provide proof that you owned one of there products you will see 1/4 to half of all the negative comments gone!. Ill say this again Duma Products are NOT off the shelf plug and play items you have to tinker (MABYE THEY NEED TO PUT THIS AS A DISCLAMIER WHEN YOU FIRST OPEN THE WEBSITE) if not its more then likely going to give you a worse gaming experience then your factory modem / router

STOP GOOGLING FOR 2 TO 5HRS looking for a answer that doesn't exist when you can play with the settings your self and you can find what works best for you in 10 to 20min

I'll give this a try, I have the same setup as you

5 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

Everyone's gaming environment is different so my settings not going to work for you since i have a 2gige internet connection and the duma only supports up to 1gige so its already cutting my connection in half by 50%. I have frontier 2gige for my gaming only! Only thing connected to my frontier connection is the r3 then my xbox and pc, I have a Spectrum internet tv bundle for the rest of the house to connect to.

VPN's no longer work at the moment for CODt!!! If your using a vpn and when the name server tries to ping you back and its not completing the handshake because your using a vpn and is masking your location activison is using this to throw you in the worst SBMM lobbies possible im pretty sure they are even putting you in shadown ban lobbies. A bunch of different companies have paid me and even gave me life time subscriptions to there services to try their vpns and since the end of December to now when using a vpn the lobbies are filled with hackers.(Warzone worse then Multiplayer)

TO EVERYONE:

Geo filter - i have my home pin set to Washington and i have my geo map set to the 2 to 4ping server to where i live i added a pic so you can see locations of the servers that pop up on the ping map. (GREEN DOTS ARE THE SERVERS)

I live in southern cali and there are a couple servers down here (pic below) that do not show on the ping map (RED DOT IS ME)

how you get routed to the server will brake SBMM so all your skill level blah blah blah is true but you can use the duma routers to brake it!

and here is me connected to 3ping server thats not on the heat map (WHITE CIRCLE WITH XBOX CONNTROLLER IS ME RED DOT IS GAME SERVER)

hit detection and all that other stuff is all you dialing in your connection to your gaming environment.

Its crazy how TOXIC this NETduma community is. I been using the r1 since 2015. The majority of you all bought a duma product cause you watched something that showed bot lobbies. I provide proof how this is possible and some complain, cry, or disagree instead of being like some members that are actually smart enough to DM me and ask me how? (NETduma them self does not promote their product that way but alot of you still purchased them for that.) You guys are using Beta firmware but cry and complain because things are not working and there's even people on here posting to ask for refunds when they do not even own a NETDUMA product. I guarantee if NETduma devs made it to where you had to provide proof that you owned one of there products you will see 1/4 to half of all the negative comments gone!. Ill say this again Duma Products are NOT off the shelf plug and play items you have to tinker (MABYE THEY NEED TO PUT THIS AS A DISCLAMIER WHEN YOU FIRST OPEN THE WEBSITE) if not its more then likely going to give you a worse gaming experience then your factory modem / router

STOP GOOGLING FOR 2 TO 5HRS looking for a answer that doesn't exist when you can play with the settings your self and you can find what works best for you in 10 to 20min

Been using since the r1 as well, I also have a 1gig up and down fiber internet connection. I geo specifically to the Georgia server since it’s the lowest for me at 14-15ms. I’m not being toxic but there is nothing else you could do to break sbmm just router related to be getting pure bot lobbies like your posting, I will say it can slightly reduce the sbmm but not to a drastic bot lobby level, I’m sorry your ego is hurt but I would crush players like you and yes I get you were camping the corner because you were on a 20+ streak I do the same thing on shipment once I get to about 20, fyi I’m a high level iridescent player and I never said anything about hit detection as mine is just as good, the difference is the players in my lobbies are just more skilled then what your coming up against(if that is what your playing on a normal basis which it might not be) which is normal for a high skilled player like me compared to players like you(No Offense). And I’m also dropping nukes at times in those lobbies. I mainly play ranked now that it’s out.

—The only way I’ve seen pure bot lobbies like I’ve seen in the 2 games you posted is 2 boxing and joining a bot account. Good for you and 2 thumbs up if you can get those normally but that don’t happen for some of us. I literally get accused of cheating and get lobbies where it’s a coin toss every game on if there will be cheaters in them. 

5 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

TO EVERYONE:

thats not right mate red dot is your location not the server think u got it mixed up its the other way around

20 minutes ago, Gskillz said:

I'll give this a try, I have the same setup as you

Just eyeballing it here. You need to lower your download and upload speeds some more. As you do this your Waveform test should improve until you achieve A+ with 0 latency on the download and upload. 

21 minutes ago, Rossi300 said:

As someone new to the NETDUMA R3 can you share what helped your improve your hit detection? Thanks in advance. 

Put your console/pc into the geo and add the game you’ll be playing. Add the pc/console to smartboost and prioritize it there, i also prioritize gaming and cod since that’s my main game. Since the ping optimizer isn’t working try just going to advanced both sliders on 70, always on. And steady ping which is automatically enabled, been getting the best hit detection in years, if you play cod though keep in mind the servers just suck at times, you could get packet burst or a high ping randomly that only happens 1 game out of 20, you’ll also get games where it just don’t feel right/ this is just cod and crappy servers+ the skill level of people you play which is out of your hands.

6 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

i thought white circle with the controller was the actual server you’re in.

7 minutes ago, Sgt-Greco said:

If I’m not mistaken it’s either the server your on or more specifically the spot you have set for your location.

Anyone having issues with very slow speeds on battle.net? Tried disabling smart boost and all but still nada. Is it me or servers are busy with the mw3 season 2 pre-loading? Thanks in advance. 

P. S - Even tried adding battle.net as a priority under smartboost and didn't make any difference. 

36 minutes ago, satinghostrider said:

Anyone having issues with very slow speeds on battle.net? Tried disabling smart boost and all but still nada. Is it me or servers are busy with the mw3 season 2 pre-loading? Thanks in advance. 

P. S - Even tried adding battle.net as a priority under smartboost and didn't make any difference. 

If your referring to download speeds that’s on battlenet and not you. There isn’t anything that can be done to fix it, I tried everything myself. Sometimes they download fast other times the download gets stuck at like 5 gb left and goes slow the rest of the time

4 hours ago, Sgt-Greco said:

There is a legend for that screen that confirms what all the icons mean.

4 hours ago, Sgt-Greco said:

Correct and the red dot is your home location. White dots are servers that have players in your current game.

Just to mention the R3 does a great job of getting you connected to your nearest server, getting you a stable ping and eliminating bufferbloat for most people's setups. 

What it can't do much about is the crappy matchmaking that some of these games employ and SBMM. For example in Destiny 2 PVP I will join to the London or Amsterdam server with a good steady ping but then Steam goes and matches me in a game with players from China, Russia and Middle East (i'm in UK). Its players using VPN's and cheaters that often ruin what would be a good gaming experience. If the designated host is miles away it doesn't really matter how good my connection is to London, I will always be at a disadvantage.  

So I guess my point is that I don't think the R3 or any gaming router for that matter can eliminate 'all' our gaming woes but it does a good job of giving you the best experience possible, despite Steam and Activision's best endeavours to do the contrary.

19 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you referring to upload not being affected when doing Ping Optimiser? Could you try to find the best MTU for your connection when using PPPoE and see if that makes any difference please?

@Netduma Fraser

Without putting MTU on the router the pingplotter test with slight ping changes in PPPOE is better. If I set MTU 1492 (1464+28) I have greater ping fluctuations in PPPOE. Only with the modem is the ping on pinglotter stable without fluctuations.

Do you have new firmware beyond 4.0.41 to send me. Thank you.

1 hour ago, euphidra said:

@Netduma Fraser

Without putting MTU on the router the pingplotter test with slight ping changes in PPPOE is better. If I set MTU 1492 (1464+28) I have greater ping fluctuations in PPPOE. Only with the modem is the ping on pinglotter stable without fluctuations.

Do you have new firmware beyond 4.0.41 to send me. Thank you.

they just came out with 0.41 so i doubt they have a new one already after only being a week of people using this firmware im sure they are still trying to fix some issues that they are having 

@Netduma Fraser I think my r3 arrives tomorrow can't wait to test it out on fortnite and cod and destiny 2 and finals and more! How would I get the geofilter with that new feature to work with fortnite?

Personal use of Vivo fiber internet 200 Download and 100 Upload PPPOE Currently Firmware 41 It's amazing how good hit detection is when playing Warzone I configured it like this vivo modem in bridge use 100% upload and 50% download in ping optmizer UPNP disabled DMZ enabled on the console Spanning tree protocol disabled because when I leave it enabled I experience stuttering and packet loss smartboost only the gaming option in advanced 1000* All geo filter options and steady ping disabled I disable steady ping because I have delay, I don't know why But it doesn't work very well for me and neither does the geo filter do this and be surprised I've already taken the waveform bufferbloat test at 4:00 pm, 6:00 pm, 9:00 pm, 11:00 pm and 5:00 am before going to work and I always get an A+ And max. and 35ms And I sometimes play on servers with 140 ms and I play very well, I can avoid exchanges and win them even with a 140 ms delay This router solved my problem that more than 5 routers I already had did not solve

I’ve come to the conclusion that EOMM is really a thing. In public 6v6 I noticed that some servers feel better than others, if you’re a hardcore gamer then you can feel it. When you’re in a bad server everything feels sluggish. And those good servers it feel like everything is in real time, NO LAG. I noticed when my ping is 6ms in game that’s when I can feel the EOMM kicking in. When my ping is above 20ms I get those good servers. I guess the lower your ping the more sluggish your game will feel to compensate for other players ping. I’ve been starting to test having steady ping on to artificially add latency. I always had steady ping off because I actually felt like I needed every millisecond to win gunfights.

i need some input from other hardcore gamers

1 hour ago, swippur said:

I’ve come to the conclusion that EOMM is really a thing. In public 6v6 I noticed that some servers feel better than others, if you’re a hardcore gamer then you can feel it. When you’re in a bad server everything feels sluggish. And those good servers it feel like everything is in real time, NO LAG. I noticed when my ping is 6ms in game that’s when I can feel the EOMM kicking in. When my ping is above 20ms I get those good servers. I guess the lower your ping the more sluggish your game will feel to compensate for other players ping. I’ve been starting to test having steady boost on. I always had steady boost off because I actually felt like I needed every millisecond to win gunfights.

i need some input from other hardcore gamers

I feel the same, I would keep steady boost on if I were you, It makes for a smoother game.

15 minutes ago, Gskillz said:

I feel the same, I would keep steady boost on if I were you, It makes for a smoother game.

I’m gonna test having steady ping on for a couple days and switch back to see if I notice a difference. CoD is really punishing lower ping players. If I’m correct then having geo filter on is useless if you’re going to get put at a disadvantage for having lower ping.

9 minutes ago, swippur said:

I’m gonna test having steady ping on for a couple days and switch back to see if I notice a difference. CoD is really punishing lower ping players. If I’m correct then having geo filter on is useless if you’re going to get put at a disadvantage for having lower ping.

I another trick is to play with a friend, I get better lobbies with another player. Plus if you are playing against PC players they are always going to have the advantage better power behind there machines.