NEW R3 FIRMWARE 4.0.41

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, LordofBiggles said:

Is PPPOE sorted yet?

I've a 900mb BT fibre to the home connection which I'm having to use my old router for with the R3 in the DMZ. If I use the R3 direct connected to the ONT modem I only get half the available speed, getting a bit irritated at having to run my old router as well as the R3.

If it's not in the change log then it won't be included, we'll be working on boosting the speeds with PPPoE if possible

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If it's not in the change log then it won't be included, we'll be working on boosting the speeds with PPPoE if possible

You say if possible but what causes this issue ?. I have the same problem thats all.

PPPoE is an aging protocol that struggles to support high speeds. Some ISPs continue to use it to force their subscribers to use their equipment...

1 hour ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

As she should! You should purchase her a R3 too 👍

Has nothing to do with the r3,some of us play in sweaty lobbies because our skill though. Come take a scroll in my lobby you’ll get stunned and Naded 3 times before you can take 2 steps at all times of the match by 2 or 3 guys dying 50+ times spawning and instantly throwing 2 flashes/stuns and a nade or 2. Only time I’ve seen lobbies like that is using an sbmm breaking vpn

46 minutes ago, x12Tyler said:

Has nothing to do with the r3,some of us play in sweaty lobbies because our skill though. Come take a scroll in my lobby you’ll get stunned and Naded 3 times before you can take 2 steps at all times of the match by 2 or 3 guys dying 50+ times spawning and instantly throwing 2 flashes/stuns and a nade or 2. Only time I’ve seen lobbies like that is using an sbmm breaking vpn

i do not miss those days... why you need to set up your duma correctly

On 2/4/2024 at 2:49 AM, titofuenla said:

Try dividing the WiFi bands and try to connect everything on the same band, sometimes by not having the bands divided, a device may be connected to the 2.4Ghz band and another device to the 5Ghz band, which is why they may have problems communicating .
As I said, try dividing and connecting everything on the same band.

I had a similar situation with my Apple TV’s and Sonos system, my workaround was to use my mesh system in AP mode, disable the WiFi on the R3 and now everything works perfectly.  Idk if it will work for you but it is a suggestion.

On 2/4/2024 at 11:50 PM, Psyco-Mengo said:

The best way to go about settings is slapping a return label on the box. Nothing they do work. I’m starting to realize I was scammed.  There are gaming VPNs out there that do a much better job. 

A VPN routes traffic, the router doesnt and never has said it could. 

If you wanted specific traffic routing then the router is not for you. 

See here for a similar user who was confused with what the router could do compared to a VPN 

9 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

i do not miss those days... why you need to set up your duma correctly

There’s just different skill levels to the game no settings are going to change that but I have mine setup properly but let’s hear it. What does having it setup properly consist of for you? 

@Netduma Fraser @Netduma Alex

This firmware 4.0.41 using pppoe with pingplotter increases my ping by 4ms compared to doing the test with the modem alone (where the line is more stable without changes compared to having Netduma R3 in cascade). I have a TIM FTTC 200 mega line with the Tim Hub Plus Technicolor modem. To improve smartboost. If I put efootball as priority the upload does not perform in the download comparison test. In fact, with smartboost deactivated the Playstation 5 improves in game. I hope you fix this problem in PPPOE.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, euphidra said:

@Netduma Fraser @Netduma Alex

This firmware 4.0.41 using pppoe with pingplotter increases my ping by 4ms compared to doing the test with the modem alone (where the line is more stable without changes compared to having Netduma R3 in cascade). I have a TIM FTTC 200 mega line with the Tim Hub Plus Technicolor modem. To improve smartboost. If I put efootball as priority the upload does not perform in the download comparison test. In fact, with smartboost deactivated the Playstation 5 improves in game. I hope you fix this problem in PPPOE.

Are you referring to upload not being affected when doing Ping Optimiser? Could you try to find the best MTU for your connection when using PPPoE and see if that makes any difference please?

I didn't come here for this but since I use PPPOE and have no issues with the R3, those who have issues may need to check how they have things configured. MTU should be 1492, the R3 should be put in a static route and also in DMZ on the modem, the modem should be used as nothing but a gateway turning off DHCP allocation and WIFI and having the R3 handle all DHCP allocations and internet directions, for connection type the WAN on the R3 should be set to static route using the modem's IP address as the gateway and the IP address that the R3 has on the modem as the IP address which should be the same as the WAN IP and the netmask should be 255.255.255.0, make sure the DNS on both modem and R3 are set to something reliable like Google's (which I use) or Cloudflare. V4.0.41 did a good job a creating stability and increasing speed. Netduma is doing something that no other company is so you have to be patient, things will only continue to improve. 

My concern that I originally came here for was that I still feel like I'm having to refresh the page quite often to get the Geo-Filter to work, or at least update what it is doing. After I finish a game and back out of the matchmaking to do something, it often gets stuck on showing the connection from the previous game or it won't show anything until I refresh. Also, I'm still finding that every other couple days or so it will connect me to a game on a server that is outside the set limits I have set and often on the east coast whereas I live in the northwest (United States). Also, when I initially play, I connect to the first game fine but then it can take quite awhile to start connecting to the game servers and getting me in lobbies to play. 

So right now, I don't know what firmware to run? can someone tell me what is the best version to run, because right now I don't have any faith in any of them, and I have switched to using the R2, though I have had some issues with that tonight, though that could just be COD servers. Everything just freezes (Like some is Lag switching), and players are rubberbanding all over the place.

Any info on the right firmware to use would be good though.

On 2/4/2024 at 1:23 PM, TODDzillaInLA said:

eeehhh your one of those... 🤦🏿‍♂️

A lot of crying and the fact the most do not read and want to be spoon fed  is what is ridiculous. If you do not like to tinker you bought the wrong item!

On 2/4/2024 at 1:23 PM, TODDzillaInLA said:

eeehhh your one of those... 🤦🏿‍♂️

A lot of crying and the fact the most do not read and want to be spoon fed  is what is ridiculous. If you do not like to tinker you bought the wrong item!

I really appreciate your view on this router!  I have only the networking experience that I have from owning two netgear routers and I didn't really mess with them.  I am not the only one on my network, so every time I mess with the network to find things out, it costs me in relational $ with my family.  You only have so many frinedship $ to spend before your family becomes impatient with you.  Why do I say all this?  Because I really love this new router, the R3 and its software is increadible in my humble oppinion.  I have had some questions here in this forum and have also expressed my deep frustration for one reason only.  This router seems to be marketed as being this "plug and play" monster.  It doesn't seem that is the case at all.  Many in here have said that every network is different, and I am realizing that is so true.  That would make this router impossible to be a plug and play item because it seems it needs to be tweaked to fit each individual network.  Once I finally realized that, it became much easier to understand what the goal was and that if I didn't experiment, I would never get the best results.  Maybe change the marketing?

11 hours ago, x12Tyler said:

There’s just different skill levels to the game no settings are going to change that but I have mine setup properly but let’s hear it. What does having it setup properly consist of for you? 

Everyone's gaming environment is different so my settings not going to work for you since i have a 2gige internet connection and the duma only supports up to 1gige so its already cutting my connection in half by 50%. I have frontier 2gige for my gaming only! Only thing connected to my frontier connection is the r3 then my xbox and pc, I have a Spectrum internet tv bundle for the rest of the house to connect to.

the bot lobbies is coming from the geo filter settings.

TO: @x12Tyler

VPN's no longer work at the moment for CODt!!! If your using a vpn and when the name server tries to ping you back and its not completing the handshake because your using a vpn and is masking your location activison is using this to throw you in the worst SBMM lobbies possible im pretty sure they are even putting you in shadown ban lobbies. A bunch of different companies have paid me and even gave me life time subscriptions to there services to try their vpns and since the end of December to now when using a vpn the lobbies are filled with hackers.(Warzone worse then Multiplayer)

TO EVERYONE:

Geo filter - i have my home pin set to Washington and i have my geo map set to the 2 to 4ping server to where i live i added a pic so you can see locations of the servers that pop up on the ping map. (GREEN DOTS ARE THE SERVERS)

image.thumb.png.00e413e049e989f5657da3cbd91902eb.png

I live in southern cali and there are a couple servers down here (pic below) that do not show on the ping map (RED DOT IS ME)

image.thumb.png.cbc89a6bd0c06cd7d49befac2dfb7f92.png

how you get routed to the server will brake SBMM so all your skill level blah blah blah is true but you can use the duma routers to brake it!

and here is me connected to 3ping server thats not on the heat map (WHITE CIRCLE WITH XBOX CONNTROLLER IS ME RED DOT IS GAME SERVER)

image.thumb.png.0607580ce8e249b745524bb4fb99ac6f.png

hit detection and all that other stuff is all you dialing in your connection to your gaming environment.

Its crazy how TOXIC this NETduma community is. I been using the r1 since 2015. The majority of you all bought a duma product cause you watched something that showed bot lobbies. I provide proof how this is possible and some complain, cry, or disagree instead of being like some members that are actually smart enough to DM me and ask me how? (NETduma them self does not promote their product that way but alot of you still purchased them for that.) You guys are using Beta firmware but cry and complain because things are not working and there's even people on here posting to ask for refunds when they do not even own a NETDUMA product. I guarantee if NETduma devs made it to where you had to provide proof that you owned one of there products you will see 1/4 to half of all the negative comments gone!. Ill say this again Duma Products are NOT off the shelf plug and play items you have to tinker (MABYE THEY NEED TO PUT THIS AS A DISCLAMIER WHEN YOU FIRST OPEN THE WEBSITE) if not its more then likely going to give you a worse gaming experience then your factory modem / router

STOP GOOGLING FOR 2 TO 5HRS looking for a answer that doesn't exist when you can play with the settings your self and you can find what works best for you in 10 to 20min

42 minutes ago, rvndo said:

I really appreciate your view on this router!  I have only the networking experience that I have from owning two netgear routers and I didn't really mess with them.  I am not the only one on my network, so every time I mess with the network to find things out, it costs me in relational $ with my family.  You only have so many frinedship $ to spend before your family becomes impatient with you.  Why do I say all this?  Because I really love this new router, the R3 and its software is increadible in my humble oppinion.  I have had some questions here in this forum and have also expressed my deep frustration for one reason only.  This router seems to be marketed as being this "plug and play" monster.  It doesn't seem that is the case at all.  Many in here have said that every network is different, and I am realizing that is so true.  That would make this router impossible to be a plug and play item because it seems it needs to be tweaked to fit each individual network.  Once I finally realized that, it became much easier to understand what the goal was and that if I didn't experiment, I would never get the best results.  Maybe change the marketing?

🙏

13 minutes ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

Its crazy how TOXIC this NETduma community is. I been using the r1 since 2015. The majority of you all bought a duma product cause you watched something that showed bot lobbies. I provide proof how this is possible and some complain, cry, or disagree instead of being like some members that are actually smart enough to DM me and ask me how? (NETduma them self does not promote their product that way but alot of you still purchased them for that.) You guys are using Beta firmware but cry and complain because things are not working and there's even people on here posting to ask for refunds when they do not even own a NETDUMA product. I guarantee if NETduma devs made it to where you had to provide proof that you owned one of there products you will see 1/4 to half of all the negative comments gone!. Ill say this again Duma Products are NOT off the shelf plug and play items you have to tinker (MABYE THEY NEED TO PUT THIS AS A DISCLAMIER WHEN YOU FIRST OPEN THE WEBSITE) if not its more then likely going to give you a worse gaming experience then your factory modem / router

STOP GOOGLING FOR 2 TO 5HRS looking for a answer that doesn't exist when you can play with the settings your self and you can find what works best for you in 10 to 20min

I think you are right, about how toxic it has go on here, its a shame really most people just want to help, and give as much info as they can.

BTW I like your 2Gig connection, I can only dream of such things, because when you live in the 3rd world of Cumbria in the UK, its just not happening, though its not your fault, and you have said stuff that I can/have used.

It does seem that the problem I was having with COD servers, wasn't all down to Trayarch though, the hamster must have died in the exchange here, or something very similar.

34 minutes ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

Everyone's gaming environment is different so my settings not going to work for you since i have a 2gige internet connection and the duma only supports up to 1gige so its already cutting my connection in half by 50%. I have frontier 2gige for my gaming only! Only thing connected to my frontier connection is the r3 then my xbox and pc, I have a Spectrum internet tv bundle for the rest of the house to connect to.

the bot lobbies is coming from the geo filter settings.

TO: @x12Tyler

VPN's no longer work at the moment for CODt!!! If your using a vpn and when the name server tries to ping you back and its not completing the handshake because your using a vpn and is masking your location activison is using this to throw you in the worst SBMM lobbies possible im pretty sure they are even putting you in shadown ban lobbies. A bunch of different companies have paid me and even gave me life time subscriptions to there services to try their vpns and since the end of December to now when using a vpn the lobbies are filled with hackers.(Warzone worse then Multiplayer)

TO EVERYONE:

Geo filter - i have my home pin set to Washington and i have my geo map set to the 2 to 4ping server to where i live i added a pic so you can see locations of the servers that pop up on the ping map. (GREEN DOTS ARE THE SERVERS)

image.thumb.png.00e413e049e989f5657da3cbd91902eb.png

I live in southern cali and there are a couple servers down here (pic below) that do not show on the ping map (RED DOT IS ME)

image.thumb.png.cbc89a6bd0c06cd7d49befac2dfb7f92.png

how you get routed to the server will brake SBMM so all your skill level blah blah blah is true but you can use the duma routers to brake it!

and here is me connected to 3ping server thats not on the heat map (WHITE CIRCLE WITH XBOX CONNTROLLER IS ME RED DOT IS GAME SERVER)

image.thumb.png.0607580ce8e249b745524bb4fb99ac6f.png

hit detection and all that other stuff is all you dialing in your connection to your gaming environment.

Vpns do work mate, night and day difference with them on and off that's a fact sorry.

@Netduma Fraser

I've set up my network with my R2 router serving as the primary router with DHCP enabled, while the R3 router is connected with DHCP disabled. Both routers have the PS5 IP assigned to their DMZ, and everything appears to be functioning smoothly; Call of Duty 3 indicates an open status. However, upon running a waveform buffer bloat test, it reveals low latency. To address this issue, it's essential to consider the network architecture. The R2 router connects directly to my carrier's ONT, while the R3 router is linked to the Ethernet port in my main room, serving as the intermediary between the primary router and my PS5, how do I fix this?.  Also speed test and ping optimizer are not working, ping optimizer says "Ping Optimizer has encountered a problem-DumaOS is unable to complete the Ping Optimizer process due to external circumstances" How do I fix this? and Geo filter is working on the R2, not on the R3, I would like to use it on the R3.Is this happening because the R3 DCHP is disabled?

buffer.thumb.GIF.63af84fb394389e9831fe2b9eebf7959.GIF

2 hours ago, Mrbchambers said:

So right now, I don't know what firmware to run? can someone tell me what is the best version to run, because right now I don't have any faith in any of them, and I have switched to using the R2, though I have had some issues with that tonight, though that could just be COD servers. Everything just freezes (Like some is Lag switching), and players are rubberbanding all over the place.

Any info on the right firmware to use would be good though.

All that was down to the R3 running 4.0.41, I have reverted back to 4.0.23 and all is well again. I am not changing the Firmware again until someone tell me to!