Ping Heatmap suggestion/issue thread

Netduma Alex

Call of Duty Server in Middle East which is hosted in the same datacenter in Bahrain 

Host type

Dedicated

ID

4f0fefbaaceeb4b9

Hostme

ec2-15-185-238-186.me-south-1.compute.amazonaws.com

another one also in the same datacenter for call of duty war zone 

Host Type

Dedicated

ID

4f0f6e39aceeb4b9

Domain Name

ec2-15-185-238-57.me-south-1.compute.amazonaws.com

FIFA server in Bahrain

Host Type

Dedicated

ID

ee0fb782ac8db4b9

Domain Name

ec2-15-185-141-130.me-south-1.compute.amazonaws.com

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Snipingzom said:

can there be a way to add the geo filter to the ping heatmap that way we dont have to memorize where the severer is we can just draw our polygon geo filter from there on to the best servers for our games 

People have requested that we can make them work together so we will be working on that in future. For now it's meant to inform your settings so find a low ping server on heatmap then go to the Geo-Filter and put your radius/polygon around that area.

Gears Of War 5, Halo 5, Battlefield 5, Rocket League. Halo 5 may use the same servers as MCC but I could be wrong on that, gonna look into it personally by just doing a spectate mode and comparing with heat map while doing a side by side on windows using the snapshot feature. Thanks!

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, TG3NOC1D3 said:

Gears Of War 5, Halo 5, Battlefield 5, Rocket League. Halo 5 may use the same servers as MCC but I could be wrong on that, gonna look into it personally by just doing a spectate mode and comparing with heat map while doing a side by side on windows using the snapshot feature. Thanks!

Thanks for the suggestions, we'll look into getting those implemented!

11 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for the suggestions, we'll look into getting those implemented!

Also could we get Overwatch added to the ping heatmap? It would be pretty rad to check out what all they have for servers. Also Doom Eternal would be another good one. Thanks!

• Administrators
4 hours ago, TG3NOC1D3 said:

Also could we get Overwatch added to the ping heatmap? It would be pretty rad to check out what all they have for servers. Also Doom Eternal would be another good one. Thanks!

We are working on Overwatch! We'll look into Doom as well, thanks!

• Netduma Staff

Hi, a comment regarding Overwatch:  We know its one of the most requested games, but adding it is not as easy as other games due to its internal functionality. We'll probably take one or two months before being able to actually go and add it, but don't worry, it'll arrive eventually.

I've noted all other games suggested here, and we'll try to add all of them (or as many as possible). Many thanks to everyone!

why can't ping heat map get the server list from the geo-filter when the game connect for first time to its servers the, all the server are show up on the geo-filter which could be easily to implement 

• Netduma Staff
11 minutes ago, mohands said:

why can't ping heat map get the server list from the geo-filter when the game connect for first time to its servers the, all the server are show up on the geo-filter which could be easily to implement 

Because what Geofilter does is take advantage of the game pinging those servers to display them on the map, while Ping Heatmap has to replicate the ping that Overwatch does.

Ping Heatmap tries to replicate ping to servers, following what the game would exactly do.

We have a couple of generic ways that allow us to ping most games, but unfortunately Overwatch doesn't work with those.

• Netduma Staff
2 hours ago, mohands said:

I have sent some Middle East server especially FIFA servers have you added them ?

Hi @mohands, sorry for not adding them yesterday. We are currently working on adding a few more games to Ping Heatmap, so I'll try to add them today or tomorrow. Apologies about that, I forgot to add them on yesterday's update.

And many thanks for sending us the servers, that really helps!

• Netduma Staff

Hi everyone!

We have just pushed a new cloud update with:

- Support for CoD: Modern Warfare (not the same as Warzone)

- Support for Team Fortress 2

- Support for Dota 2

We'll keep adding more games over time, thanks for all the suggestions! This should be downloaded automatically to your router over the next 24 hours, but if you want it sooner, you can force a cloud update from Ping Heatmap's hamburguer menu.

PD: @mohands, I have included your Fifa 20 server, thanks for that! Unfortunately, I couldn't get the CoD servers to respond to any of my pings, so I haven't included them. I'll research why this is happening.

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, bboy486 said:

PC COD MW Geofilter and Warzone Ping Heatmap display seems to be wrong. It must be marked as South Korean.

Thanks for this, I'll pass it onto Adrian - he is away for a week so won't be done until after that.

I think we need to find an effective solution for adding servers to Heatmap as many servers don't respond to the way you use to add them to Heatmap. We need another option to allow users to add their servers easily or detect the servers from Geo-filter. This is because all time you will miss some servers. Also, I have sent a call of duty Middle East server, but you are not able to add it in spite of my capability to ping on it .

So this isn't a ping heatmap suggestion but it's about the geo-filter. Would there be any way to have to servers that are ping'd during the startup of a game stay up? It would make things A LOT easier to go through and decipher which servers are good and which are bunko for us. Just a thought, cheers.

• Administrators
On 8/24/2020 at 2:17 AM, TG3NOC1D3 said:

So this isn't a ping heatmap suggestion but it's about the geo-filter. Would there be any way to have to servers that are ping'd during the startup of a game stay up? It would make things A LOT easier to go through and decipher which servers are good and which are bunko for us. Just a thought, cheers.

The Geo-Filter shows the connections it has made at the time and once the connection is no longer active they will disappear from the Geo-Filter. Ping Heatmap can help you with what you want to achieve as it will show all the servers and you can then use this to inform your Geo-Filter settings and force the servers that have the best ping.

22 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The Geo-Filter shows the connections it has made at the time and once the connection is no longer active they will disappear from the Geo-Filter. Ping Heatmap can help you with what you want to achieve as it will show all the servers and you can then use this to inform your Geo-Filter settings and force the servers that have the best ping.

True, I noticed last night there was a server or 2 mislocated for me via ping heatmap and geo filter. When setting my polygon over my state for COD MW in Wyoming, after seeing a server here on heatmap, it did not show up in geofilter at all. I'll have to get the ID and share it with you. As far as using ping heatmap, it wouldn't be useful due to the games I was playing are currently not on heatmap lol. Thus it would be awesome to constantly ping the game servers in geo.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, TG3NOC1D3 said:

True, I noticed last night there was a server or 2 mislocated for me via ping heatmap and geo filter. When setting my polygon over my state for COD MW in Wyoming, after seeing a server here on heatmap, it did not show up in geofilter at all. I'll have to get the ID and share it with you. As far as using ping heatmap, it wouldn't be useful due to the games I was playing are currently not on heatmap lol. Thus it would be awesome to constantly ping the game servers in geo.

Understood, we still need to do some cloud updates to adjust locations. It would probably be easier to add the games you're playing to heatmap rather than make icons appear permanently on the Geo. What games are you playing?

So not sure if this is the right place for this but here we go lol, I Have had to reset the R2, 2 or 3 time's now. Some times it will not show any server but I have a connection to something, it shows nothing in the Auto Ping also. I know there is a Call of Duty server in Dallas TX but when I do a Ping HeatMap it is not there I could see it on my XR500. Tonight I go to use the Profiles and I get an Error see image. The Ping HeatMap will not open also I get " Error: The operation is taking longer than expected. Please briefly wait before using this Rapp" . Should I reset it again? seem like I am resetting this a lot. Any help would be appreciated .Thanks to you all in advance

R2 1.PNG