Ping Heatmap suggestion/issue thread

Netduma Alex

5 hours ago, KingXFocusedxX said:

I have a mislocated server, I'm assuming this server for me is actually in california, on the screenshot I've circled where the server is locating for me, but underneath is the server credentials.

Where abouts are you located? What indicates that it's being located in Europe?

I am Located Longview, WA about 45 minutes north of Portland, OR. That server I'm pinging pops up when I'm playing warzone on pc, I'm not sure if its an actual gaming server, but typically demonware is a gaming server. I have never actually connected to that server, since the polygon mode has me only on the west coast I'm assuming, but that server ID doesn't look familiar or similar to any of the other servers I connect too. HOWEVER, I do have another mislocated server which happens to pop up when I'm in Discord. I have a screenshot here as well with that server's credentials.

Screenshot (5).png

• Administrators

The STUN demonware isn't a game server but it should be allowed, I'd recommend you add that to your allow list - also do the same for that discord server as well and then it won't cause any issues when your Geo-Filter is active. Thanks for the IDs, we'll get them placed correctly and whitelisted.

That's what I did, what's weird is I can't connect to anyone voice wise in discord even with the server added, I have to turn filtering off on the geo filter and then voice chat connects. Any reason why filter mode blocks discord chat?

• Administrators
46 minutes ago, KingXFocusedxX said:

That's what I did, what's weird is I can't connect to anyone voice wise in discord even with the server added, I have to turn filtering off on the geo filter and then voice chat connects. Any reason why filter mode blocks discord chat?

There must be another server that is being blocked - make sure to zoom out fully and look at the exact time you try to chat - then add it. It's being blocked as they use ports within the range the Geo-Filter looks at

• 3 weeks later...

Hello.

I have some issue with the PING HEATMAP on my R2 : N/A ms for all the servers (even after reboot only for Warzone and Modern Warfare ).

What is the problem causing this dysfunction ?

warz.thumb.png.81476f1686c4c49689d00e89f4f22638.png

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, cayo97300 said:

Hello.

I have some issue with the PING HEATMAP on my R2 : N/A ms for all the servers (even after reboot only for Warzone and Modern Warfare ).

What is the problem causing this dysfunction ?

We're aware of this, we'll push a cloud update on Monday to resolve it - you can still use the Geo-Filter to get the servers you normally would.

15 hours ago, cayo97300 said:

Hello

The ping heatmap function still not working today. I hope it will be fixed soon.

12 hours ago, Scotty2Shotty said:

Has the Ping Heatmap been addressed? Still getting N/As. 

Can you both please go to the three-line menu in Ping Heatmap and hit Resync Cloud, it should be fine for you then.

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, 21SZN said:

Hi, I am having issues with the ping heatmat, I have tried resyncing and resetting my router. Any idea?

We're aware of this and we're looking for a permanent solution to the problem, it's caused by Activision updating their server information every day, it's not your router. I don't have an ETA for when it'll be fixed but we're working on it!

5 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

We're aware of this and we're looking for a permanent solution to the problem, it's caused by Activision updating their server information every day, it's not your router. I don't have an ETA for when it'll be fixed but we're working on it!

Alright, good to know, thanks Liam :)

• 1 month later...

same thing here for battlefield 2042, ever after resync cloud

i also noticed that the ping heatmap is showing only very few servers, there is much more servers for this game

i've NetlimiterPro installed on my gaming PC, i keep an eye on the servers i play on, and here is some

pinghm.jpg

• Administrators

The servers you have listed there are servers but in just a few locations, there isn't any need to put every single server on there in a location cluster as your ping to them will be the same and you can't filter between servers in a singular location

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The servers you have listed there are servers but in just a few locations, there isn't any need to put every single server on there in a location cluster as your ping to them will be the same and you can't filter between servers in a singular location

i know that , it's the same server located in 1 data center, but why i'm stuck in UK severs, Geofilter don't seems to work, it keep matchmaking me at the same place , spain & france servers are the closest to me 

any idea ?

9 hours ago, 1conito said:

i know that , it's the same server located in 1 data center, but why i'm stuck in UK severs, Geofilter don't seems to work, it keep matchmaking me at the same place , spain & france servers are the closest to me 

any idea ?

We're still working on improving how Geo-filter and Ping Heatmap work with Battlefield. What about Geo-filter doesn't seem to be working for you? How do you currently have it configured?

• Administrators

You should have strict mode on, otherwise you can get games outside your radius. The server in the UK is either an authentication server required for online play, in which case it will not affect your gameplay at all as it isn't the game server, or you've added the server to your allow list.

with strict mode on, it doesn't wotk, the game keep searching and i get an orange triangle in the uk server location

here is another screenshot while playing a game with strict mode off, and my allow list & deny list is empty

geofi2.thumb.jpg.6de9ab562e70af1d4275ba902b87ea07.jpg

• Administrators

Okay so it's an authentication server then, you can ignore that. Delete the device from the Geo-Filter, give the PC a PlayStation device type and then re-add to the Geo-Filter and select the manual option, then see if it filters properly.

no it doesn't filter anything, i'm still stuck with uk servers, with or without geofilter

take a look at my network monitoring tool, the game put me 90% of time with servers with ip range 13.40.x.x  , and it's located in london according to many ip geolocation sites

NETL.thumb.jpg.078ade4c0c255344b40e3b672f1166f0.jpg