Ping Heatmap suggestion/issue thread

Netduma Alex

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Apoc said:

So not sure if this is the right place for this but here we go lol, I Have had to reset the R2, 2 or 3 time's now. Some times it will not show any server but I have a connection to something, it shows nothing in the Auto Ping also. I know there is a Call of Duty server in Dallas TX but when I do a Ping HeatMap it is not there I could see it on my XR500. Tonight I go to use the Profiles and I get an Error see image. The Ping HeatMap will not open also I get " Error: The operation is taking longer than expected. Please briefly wait before using this Rapp" . Should I reset it again? seem like I am resetting this a lot. Any help would be appreciated .Thanks to you all in advance

Try this firmware and see if it resolves your issues:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vklzjkftpdcd01t/DumaOS-R2-RC5-Production-3.0.129-100820.sig?dl=0

To update: Download the file above, open DumaOS, click the three dots in the top right corner, choose update, upload the file you just downloaded, and wait a few minutes while the R2 restarts.

So I am still getting the Error: This Rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute. So I rebooted and got this right after.

Error: RPC error 'ERROR_UNKNOWN': Unterminated JSON encoded object found at position in [] -> stack traceback: ?: in function <?:73> [C]: in function 'assert' ?: in function 'decode' ?: in function <?:117> ?: in function <?:382> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:346> [C]: in function 'run' ?: in function <?:404> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:263> (tail call): ? ?: in function <?:30> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in main chunk [C]: ?

I have not been able to find much support on this router on the web. I have a problem that just started a day or so back. the ping heatmap is not working on my netduma r2 I just got it a week  or so back. I keep getting this error ( The operation is taking longer than expected. Please briefly wait before using this Rapp.)  

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, Eli said:

I have not been able to find much support on this router on the web. I have a problem that just started a day or so back. the ping heatmap is not working on my netduma r2 I just got it a week  or so back. I keep getting this error ( The operation is taking longer than expected. Please briefly wait before using this Rapp.)  

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Is this after picking a game to ping or just as soon as you go on the page?

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Deaconbrown said:

Hello

Sometime my Ping heatmap times out and does not load, I can click on any other option and it loads straight away, i have firmware R2 3.0.123

Thanks

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Could you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing please? If you reboot the router does it load correctly?

12 hours ago, Deaconbrown said:

Hello

Sometime my Ping heatmap times out and does not load, I can click on any other option and it loads straight away, i have firmware R2 3.0.123

Thanks

I have the same issue but when i reboot the router it works fine but after sometime it's the same problem again, there's something wrong with the Ping Heatmap.

Dumapic1.png

Dumapic2.png

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, jongc said:

I have the same issue but when i reboot the router it works fine but after sometime it's the same problem again, there's something wrong with the Ping Heatmap.

How long after you reboot until you see it happening again? Is it a few days?

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

How long after you reboot until you see it happening again? Is it a few days?

Just rebooted and tested it's working then log out, after 5 - 10 minutes log in then the issue is back, but the rest of the tabs is loading just fine.

• Administrators
15 hours ago, jongc said:

Just rebooted and tested it's working then log out, after 5 - 10 minutes log in then the issue is back, but the rest of the tabs is loading just fine.

Thanks for letting us know - I've sent you a PM, please follow my instructions there should you get it again.

Just an update, the Geo-Filter map is giving me the, "Error: This Rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute". Up until today all seems to have been working just fine. just an FYI

Geo.PNG

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, Apoc said:

Just an update, the Geo-Filter map is giving me the, "Error: This Rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute". Up until today all seems to have been working just fine. just an FYI

If you reboot the router does the message go away?

Can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong with creating a customized list straight from ping heatmap then inputting these ip's into my own custom list and the ping information does not show up? I thought this was only a problem on the R1 Beta but it seems it's not showing up on the,  Optimized version  R2? 

anyone having troubles blocking/denying servers? i have blocked many but it seems geo filter has never shown me any blocked servers at all and i have over 50 blocked on the R2 ?

1718820821_R2SERVERIPS.thumb.jpg.d0a864c4d73dfe376f3b0c505396f4e4.jpg

• Administrators
14 hours ago, CableGames22 said:

Can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong with creating a customized list straight from ping heatmap then inputting these ip's into my own custom list and the ping information does not show up? I thought this was only a problem on the R1 Beta but it seems it's not showing up on the,  Optimized version  R2? 

anyone having troubles blocking/denying servers? i have blocked many but it seems geo filter has never shown me any blocked servers at all and i have over 50 blocked on the R2 ?

1718820821_R2SERVERIPS.thumb.jpg.d0a864c4d73dfe376f3b0c505396f4e4.jpg

I just added a few of the servers in your list to my Ping Heatmap as well and they didn't ping, this can happen sometimes if they're unpingable. I checked using command prompt and I couldn't get a ping response either so I don't think you've done anything wrong, they're just not pingable right this moment.

Could you provide a screenshot of a blocked server you've connected to?

11 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I just added a few of the servers in your list to my Ping Heatmap as well and they didn't ping, this can happen sometimes if they're unpingable. I checked using command prompt and I couldn't get a ping response either so I don't think you've done anything wrong, they're just not pingable right this moment.

Could you provide a screenshot of a blocked server you've connected to?

Oh ok try to go to your ping heatmap  and see if you can copy the ip's from ping heat map and make your own custom list. If it pings within custom heatmap should it ping in your custom list using the same ip's or not ping within your custom list you took from ping heatmap? 

the deny servers are scattered or mixed in a hugh list of over 150 allowed servers.that will take alot to screen shot.

my question is that i don't see any servers being blocked ever. strict mode is on servers outside of geo map still get through. maybe i have something not set up right. i use to see on R1 before 3.0 beta, i would see servers outside of geo with a line through them now i do see this in R1 beta3.0  or R2 3.0  fully optimized. so to end i'm asking because i'm not sure if geo filter is working to block out servers i deny, that's all

• Administrators
12 hours ago, CableGames22 said:

Oh ok try to go to your ping heatmap  and see if you can copy the ip's from ping heat map and make your own custom list. If it pings within custom heatmap should it ping in your custom list using the same ip's or not ping within your custom list you took from ping heatmap? 

the deny servers are scattered or mixed in a hugh list of over 150 allowed servers.that will take alot to screen shot.

my question is that i don't see any servers being blocked ever. strict mode is on servers outside of geo map still get through. maybe i have something not set up right. i use to see on R1 before 3.0 beta, i would see servers outside of geo with a line through them now i do see this in R1 beta3.0  or R2 3.0  fully optimized. so to end i'm asking because i'm not sure if geo filter is working to block out servers i deny, that's all

I talked to a developer about this and this was their response:

When you manually write an IP, what Ping Heatmap does is to try to ping it with the "Ping" tool from Linux but CoD servers in particular are made to purposefully avoid answering to those pings. To bypass that, with most games we send actual game data, If you manually write the IP, then Ping Heatmap doesn't know that's a game server, and can't send CoD game data to that server, therefore never receives a response. That's why we added the button "Add to List", because that one adds the server to a custom list, but also adds the game data if it exists.

So I'm assuming you wrote the IPs manually instead of 'Adding to List' which is why it didn't work. Could you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing on the Geo-Filter Map when you're seeing a host outside the radius please?

49 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I see what you mean, I just confirmed that it's not working as expected. I have let the developer know and they are now looking into it.

Could you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing on the Geo-Filter Map when you're seeing a host outside the radius please?

ok cool it's been over a month prior to this that i asked what's it's function and was told what it does and that it would be fix from several admins. so what's the time frame now, not for R1 user's of beta 3.0 But the R2 user's that this feature should work for on Optimized Duma 3.0?

Yes the next time i see that occur i will screen shot, "host outside of radius".

• Administrators
1 hour ago, CableGames22 said:

ok cool it's been over a month prior to this that i asked what's it's function and was told what it does and that it would be fix from several admins. so what's the time frame now, not for R1 user's of beta 3.0 But the R2 user's that this feature should work for on Optimized Duma 3.0?

Yes the next time i see that occur i will screen shot, "host outside of radius".

As above I can confirm Ping Heatmap is working as expected:

When you manually write an IP, what Ping Heatmap does is to try to ping it with the "Ping" tool from Linux but CoD servers in particular are made to purposefully avoid answering to those pings. To bypass that, with most games we send actual game data, If you manually write the IP, then Ping Heatmap doesn't know that's a game server, and can't send CoD game data to that server, therefore never receives a response. That's why we added the button "Add to List", because that one adds the server to a custom list, but also adds the game data if it exists.

We will add a message when adding IPs manually regarding this to make it more clear. Thanks, will see what is occurring once screenshot is provided.