Ping Heatmap suggestion/issue thread

Netduma Alex

• 2 weeks later...

I just purchased this router based on reviews and I currently play COD Black Ops 4 and noticed in the review when they clicked that game it did not show anything.  Not sure if that was due to them not waiting too long but with Modern Warfare it loaded right up.

Wanted to make sure that it was already loaded as I play that game daily.

thank you for your support

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, jcarter30 said:

I just purchased this router based on reviews and I currently play COD Black Ops 4 and noticed in the review when they clicked that game it did not show anything.  Not sure if that was due to them not waiting too long but with Modern Warfare it loaded right up.

Wanted to make sure that it was already loaded as I play that game daily.

thank you for your support

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sometimes servers aren't pingable and then the next time you try it it will work. In regards to BO4 some servers weren't pinging, we looked into it and did a cloud update literally a few hours ago and they're all now appearing and pinging correctly.

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Sometimes servers aren't pingable and then the next time you try it it will work. In regards to BO4 some servers weren't pinging, we looked into it and did a cloud update literally a few hours ago and they're all now appearing and pinging correctly.

Thank you so much that is awesome to hear, and fast response from you guys!!!

38 minutes ago, jcarter30 said:

Thank you so much that is awesome to hear, and fast response from you guys!!!

I do have one more question, will this router handle 1gig down fairly well?  I already purchased this one but as I continue to research seems like others are pushing away from this with those speeds.  I want to make sure I did make the right purchase.  My upload is only 40mb up so really just concerned about my download loss.

thanks again, sorry for all the questions

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, jcarter30 said:

I do have one more question, will this router handle 1gig down fairly well?  I already purchased this one but as I continue to research seems like others are pushing away from this with those speeds.  I want to make sure I did make the right purchase.  My upload is only 40mb up so really just concerned about my download loss.

thanks again, sorry for all the questions

You won't hit those speeds with WiFi but wired you should get pretty close to those speeds, In the 900's I should think. Every connection is different though so it really depends.

I am super excited as the delivery should arrive today.  I do work from home and have a VPN that I have to log into from work.  Will I have to do anything special in the setup of the router or will it work how I have it today.   Today I am using the all in one gateway/router from my ISP and I do not have to do anything but just login to the VPN and go.  

Thanks again for your response, this forum by far has been the most responsive one I have been in.

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, jcarter30 said:

I am super excited as the delivery should arrive today.  I do work from home and have a VPN that I have to log into from work.  Will I have to do anything special in the setup of the router or will it work how I have it today.   Today I am using the all in one gateway/router from my ISP and I do not have to do anything but just login to the VPN and go.  

Thanks again for your response, this forum by far has been the most responsive one I have been in.

Should be exactly the same process as you are used to now. Just connect the R2 to the gateway and your devices to the R2. Go through the setup wizard and you should be good to go.

Ok so I hooked up the router this morning and got everything set.  One concern is using Ookla speed test (pretty much the standard) I am getting on average 850MBS down and 40MBS up consistently but in the Connection Benchmark in the Netduma software I am averaging 520MBS down and 40MBS up.  So my upload speeds are the same but losing on the download.  Also ping on the Ookla is averaging 10-12 where the Connection Benchmark is showing me 23?

Any thoughts on that?  Thank you for your help

• Administrators
44 minutes ago, jcarter30 said:

Ok so I hooked up the router this morning and got everything set.  One concern is using Ookla speed test (pretty much the standard) I am getting on average 850MBS down and 40MBS up consistently but in the Connection Benchmark in the Netduma software I am averaging 520MBS down and 40MBS up.  So my upload speeds are the same but losing on the download.  Also ping on the Ookla is averaging 10-12 where the Connection Benchmark is showing me 23?

Any thoughts on that?  Thank you for your help

The connection benchmark speed test isn't reporting as accurately as it should at the moment so we'll be improving upon that. It won't be limiting your speeds, you'll be getting what speedtest.net says. Benchmark uses the Google server for the ping tests so it won't be the closest server to you as with speedtest.net hence the difference in ping.

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The connection benchmark speed test isn't reporting as accurately as it should at the moment so we'll be improving upon that. It won't be limiting your speeds, you'll be getting what speedtest.net says. Benchmark uses the Google server for the ping tests so it won't be the closest server to you as with speedtest.net hence the difference in ping.

Ok, that makes me feel better.  Thanks for the quick response as always, I am getting ready to see how this baby does on gaming :)  Got everything setup and set up the ping servers for the games I play so hopefully I see the difference.

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, Paulo_81 said:

I am from Brazil and this Ping Heatmap function on my R2 is not working!

Sorry to hear you're having an issue. Could you be specific with what is happening exactly please? Is the page not loading, is nothing appearing when you ping? etc.

8 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Olá, bem-vindo ao fórum!

Lamento saber que você está tendo um problema. Você poderia ser específico com o que está acontecendo exatamente, por favor? A página não está carregando, nada aparece quando você faz o ping? etc.

sorry, I was not specific .... it is not working on the COD MW CW servers!