Jump to content
Netduma Alex

Adblocker unwanted block reporting thread

Recommended Posts

is the adblocker based on pihole or adguard home or your own private adblocker engine?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mohands said:

is the adblocker based on pihole or adguard home or your own private adblocker engine?

It's entirely our own creation! The master lists however have been sourced from many public communities to get the best combination, including the PiHole community. PiHole is an awesome product and what we have looked to do with our Adblocker is the same concept but without the learning curve / needing tech savviness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it will be ok if you implemented an option for encrypted dns like Nextdns. is it possible to add option like that in the adblocker ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Fraser,

Seems to be blocking apple apps like sky sports and bbc sport although access via web is fine?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, c20vch said:

Hi Fraser,

Seems to be blocking apple apps like sky sports and bbc sport although access via web is fine?

Is this on an iPhone? If you turn adblocker off, does it then all work fine?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Netduma Admin said:

Is this on an iPhone? If you turn adblocker off, does it then all work fine?

Hi, yes on iPhone and IPad. Apps work fine once adblocker is turned off. I’m not sure how I can add this manually to allow? It didn’t do this with the R1 oddly?

 

I take it all back - seems to be working ok this morning now as I’ve just turned adblocker back on and it let me click through the headlines. Will let you know if it stops access again!

Edited by c20vch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, c20vch said:

Hi, yes on iPhone and IPad. Apps work fine once adblocker is turned off. I’m not sure how I can add this manually to allow? It didn’t do this with the R1 oddly?

I take it all back - seems to be working ok this morning now as I’ve just turned adblocker back on and it let me click through the headlines. Will let you know if it stops access again!

Thanks for letting us know and do keep us updated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I seem to be having real issues with skysports.com

 

on my windows desktop pc skysports live text streams don’t seem to load.

on my iPad and iPhone the whole page won’t load.

this is with Adblock on with it off the website acts normal 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think mine only started working again as the adblocker isn’t running properly. I’ve just looked and there are no queries showing. Will restart at lunchtime when not at work and see if the same sky issues crop up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, trmin343 said:

I seem to be having real issues with skysports.com

on my windows desktop pc skysports live text streams don’t seem to load.

on my iPad and iPhone the whole page won’t load.

this is with Adblock on with it off the website acts normal 

Thank you we will look into that.

1 hour ago, c20vch said:

I think mine only started working again as the adblocker isn’t running properly. I’ve just looked and there are no queries showing. Will restart at lunchtime when not at work and see if the same sky issues crop up. 

Okay do keep us updated please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, trmin343 said:

I seem to be having real issues with skysports.com

 

on my windows desktop pc skysports live text streams don’t seem to load.

on my iPad and iPhone the whole page won’t load.

this is with Adblock on with it off the website acts normal 

I have found the culprit domain name for the live Sky Sports blogs not loading, so that will be included in the next update. I'll test the Sky Sports app next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, PoddyMcQ said:

It Youtube whitelisted? how do i stop ads from playing on vids using this? (new to this type of router)

Have you enabled the Adblocker? If so that's all you need to do. It's not whitelisted but we're still looking into how to block the video ads as it is more tricky. Once we've done that we can upload the Adblocker lists remotely and you'll get the latest changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having problems receiving YouTube TV and Samsung TV streaming services.  Samsung TV has not worked since I plugged in the R2, and it doesn't matter if Adblocker is on or off. However the problem is not consistent with YouTube TV.  It worked last night, but would not load a few minutes ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, major masingil said:

I'm having problems receiving YouTube TV and Samsung TV streaming services.  Samsung TV has not worked since I plugged in the R2, and it doesn't matter if Adblocker is on or off. However the problem is not consistent with YouTube TV.  It worked last night, but would not load a few minutes ago

What happens exactly do they buffer a lot or do they just not play? Are you connected directly to the 5GHz?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, major masingil said:

they aren't playing.  It's a black screen on both apps.  I have the Adblocker on the TV disabled

Could you try disabling QoS completely please from the Congestion Control panel options and see if they load then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We use quite a few different ones and sometimes tweak them, not sure if we're using those specifically.

Why do deleted lists still show up and stack up?

Untitled.thumb.png.dd5e117fb81e60768324ad8fa899a714.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...