Found mislocated servers? Let us know here!

Netduma Alex

• Administrators

It might be a back up for MW then only used during peak times etc. If it works with other CoD games and appears for MW too but no matter how hard you try you can't force it then they don't want you connecting to that server at the moment for whatever reason.

What can be done on your end "via the cloud side of things" to make it appear consistently.......i know other people who live in the city where its located are playing on it all the time as they have to low ping figure which is linked to playing on it.

If it was a case of "them" not wanting me to connect to it, then it would be that way all the time as i connect to it randomly and then not at all as i mentioned.

• Administrators

The cloud can only do three things:

1. Correctly classify a host i.e. change from peer to dedicated and vice versa
  2. Move a server to the correct location on the map
  3. Whitelist a server so it's always allowed and therefore bypasses the Geo-Filter

A connection will appear if there has been some interaction a ping for example. When you do connect to it vs when you don't what is your base ping? If you can't force it all the time using the filter as in you're literally blocking everything else and it still won't put you on it or even appear then there isn't anything we can do about that.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The cloud can only do three things:

1. Correctly classify a host i.e. change from peer to dedicated and vice versa
  2. Move a server to the correct location on the map
  3. Whitelist a server so it's always allowed and therefore bypasses the Geo-Filter

A connection will appear if there has been some interaction a ping for example. When you do connect to it vs when you don't what is your base ping? If you can't force it all the time using the filter as in you're literally blocking everything else and it still won't put you on it or even appear then there isn't anything we can do about that.

It has been always added to my allow list.......try whitelisting it on your end......if it doesnt work then it doesnt work, at least i tried.

I would just need you to let me know when its' been whitelisted on your end then i'll remove my console from the geofilter and flush the cloud.

• Administrators

Sorry, I should have been more clear. Whitelisting doesn't give preferential treatment/priority to a server as in connect to this over all others, it just allows it to bypass your settings that would restrict it. Adding to the allow list does the same thing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
19 hours ago, meterpreter said:

When's the next geo-filter update?

There was a cloud done yesterday, if you want to make sure you got it then click Flush Cloud in the Geo-Filter Map options.

This server is still mislocated. It supposed to be located in Dublin, Ireland but the icon is appearing on Poland or near Belarus

IP: 185.34.107.128

ID: ccb9b580566b1d22

Country
Ireland (IE)
Continent
Europe (EU)
Coordinates
53.3472 (lat) / -6.2439 (long)
Time
2020-06-20 19:15:00 (Europe/Dublin)

NETWORK

IP address
Hostname
Provider
Demonware Limited
ASN

• Administrators

Did you enter that into the form as a cloud was done on Friday so it should have been included if it was. The person who does the cloud just looks at the form data so needs to be input there.

Yes i saw it a few months ago already, stopped using geo-filter now i can't even getting games on my location while i am living near a lot cod servers in my hometown Amsterdam (NL).

Something went wrong with the cloud update a few months ago because since then i couldnt get in games on my home location i get forced to expand to UK, France or Germany otherwise it won't find a game.

Also the server icon won't show up on my geo quite often (the ones that are in the Netherlands) sometimes it will sometimes it won't.

I think definitely somebody must straighten things up for the cloud update also still some servers show up that are mislocated for example 1 of the dutch servers appear sometimes on the border of Germany/Switzerland.

For warzone, Sth is not right with the geo filter, im playing from malaysia, singapore server is missing again. When i turn on cross olay on ps4 i find games with 15 ms ping on a peer called choopa.net

If i turn crossplay off it staright connects me to europe 90% of the time, not even japan anymore. All the multiplayer games are on choopa.net as well. 

Somehow i see a server in south africa which probably is a misslocates server

Im using spectating mode as well. 

If u need i will take some screenshota tmr

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you see the Malaysia server appear anywhere on the map when you just try to play against PC players? What is the ping to the SA server?

Let me boot the game up and post a screenshot here from geo filter.

ok first of all excuse my terrible paint skills, but here is a screen shot when i boot up MW and its trying to connect to online services, im always on spectating mode and ping assist is always on 0, if i put on filtering mode with strict mode on then I wont be able to find any warzone games at all, even withing the range with crossplay on 

duma.jpg

2.jpg

They changed their hosting in Singapore from AWS to Choopa.

Best setting you can use at the moment is about the radius you set now and a ping assist of about 50. That ensures you never get into Jap or Aus servers.

4 hours ago, Bert said:

They changed their hosting in Singapore from AWS to Choopa.

Best setting you can use at the moment is about the radius you set now and a ping assist of about 50. That ensures you never get into Jap or Aus servers.

So u mean put geo filter on filtering mode, turn on strict mode and set ping assist to 50?

Yes. I stay in Thailand and have about the same radius as you, strict mode on and PA 63. But since base ping for you is lower in Malaysia you could do with 50 I would think.

I have the impression that the Geofilter has been really picking it up for some time!
I ended up testing all the servers to offer a share of a "refused and accepted" and I put myself in spectating mode ...

16 hours ago, Bert said:

Yes. I stay in Thailand and have about the same radius as you, strict mode on and PA 63. But since base ping for you is lower in Malaysia you could do with 50 I would think.

I cant find games in any warzone mode with this setting, 20 mins wait time and still nothing. (Crossplay off). I dont wanna play against pc players cause every game got aimbotter or wallhackers.

• Administrators

Thanks for the information on this, I'm not sure if there is much we can do if PA doesn't get you a closer host. Sounds like Bert is correct regarding the player base. We will continue to improve on the cloud.