I also have signed up to the insider program using my profile name. Is that the correct way to do it? Ha ha im a bit confused if it worked or not.  Also I do have a separate question and that is to see this announcement today we don't need to be in the DumaOS Insider program do we?  Thanks!

Zippy.

13 minutes ago, Zippy said:

I also have signed up to the insider program using my profile name. Is that the correct way to do it? Ha ha im a bit confused if it worked or not.  Also I do have a separate question and that is to see this announcement today we don't need to be in the DumaOS Insider program do we?  Thanks!

Zippy.

The big announcement will be public. There will be smaller announcements and "concepts" that are shared with insiders. We won't share anything with the public which we might change later, but for the insiders program we're going to be more open and talk about ideas that may or may not come to fruition.

The idea with insiders is to gauge interest in things, and figure out if people would actually use the features we're designing in the way that we think they will. It might be that we're working on something that we think is awesome, but nobody would actually use. Hope that makes sense!

16 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

The big announcement will be public. There will be smaller announcements and "concepts" that are shared with insiders. We won't share anything with the public which we might change later, but for the insiders program we're going to be more open and talk about ideas that may or may not come to fruition.

The idea with insiders is to gauge interest in things, and figure out if people would actually use the features we're designing in the way that we think they will. It might be that we're working on something that we think is awesome, but nobody would actually use. Hope that makes sense!

That makes sense. Sounds like a good idea. I signed up! Thanks Alex for the clarification. :) Is Jack the one in charge of accepting those who have signed up?

Zippy.

19 minutes ago, purpleandgold33 said:

Super pumped, R2? Im in on that baby!!

Im with yah there! Id be all over that like flies on you know what! :D 

Zippy.

1 minute ago, sharpz44 said:

Am I missing something 

No, There are a few of us on here that would like to see a Duma only router and not a XR series Netgear/Netduma router. Basically we would like to see a new R2 so to speak. Nothing has been reported or anything like that. Its just there are a few of us that would love to see something like this in the future. Id be blown away if they actually had something in the works already. But I highly doubt that because there focus has been on the new milestone.. I just think it would be a very smart move for them when they have the time and effort to do such a thing.. Its just a wish atm.. Nothing reported.

Zippy.

4 hours ago, Zippy said:

No, There are a few of us on here that would like to see a Duma only router and not a XR series Netgear/Netduma router. Basically we would like to see a new R2 so to speak. Nothing has been reported or anything like that. Its just there are a few of us that would love to see something like this in the future. Id be blown away if they actually had something in the works already. But I highly doubt that because there focus has been on the new milestone.. I just think it would be a very smart move for them when they have the time and effort to do such a thing.. Its just a wish atm.. Nothing reported.

Zippy.

It just depends on their respective contractional obligations to netgear. Honestly I think one is in the works but may take a couple years to develop cause they have to devote time to XR series routers. Duma OS is pretty but in terms of working great with bo4 not so much.

17 hours ago, Zippy said:

That makes sense. Sounds like a good idea. I signed up! Thanks Alex for the clarification. :) Is Jack the one in charge of accepting those who have signed up?

Zippy.

Yes Jack's in charge of that. We've had a massive response so it's taking a while to get to everybody!

16 hours ago, Magnolia said:

Looking forward to hearing about Milestone 1.4!, I've enjoyed using y'alls OS in my XR500.

Thanks, i'm glad you're enjoying it! We've decided that instead of calling it 1.4, we're going to call it DumaOS 3.0! It's all explained in this post: 

Great stuff.

Iv resurrected my Netduma R1 before COD MW launch, iv not been using it for more than 1 year.

I havent tested DUMAOS iv dropped using netduma before the release. Im backkkk !

Great to see the community is well and bright.