My best BO4 DumaOS setting that eliminates Shoot-first-die-first

Chaiyoabc

57 minutes ago, Chaiyoabc said:

I have been testing this for countless hours. I’m gn only be focusing on setting that should get my connection as good as possible to elminate lag compensation issue

here is the result after I discovered my best setting specifically for BO4 multiplayer

I’m gn go through section by section 

Device Prioritization: make sure you put PS4 as your prioritized device

Anti-Bufferbloat: Apply only when high priority traffic detected. Make sure you havetht ticked

Congestion Control: this is the most important thing to deal with inconsistent lag compensation. You have to expect that there is no ‘best value’ whatsoever it al depends on players connection who you are put agiainst, gun fire rate. So here is my congestion value and I must tell you there are various values that you have to try along so here it is 

With slow rate of fire gun: you go with 99%/100% gun like rampant, titan has pretty slow fire rate, with wrong value your bullets would end up not registering. So with full upload bandwidth, this will make your hit registration as accurate as possible

With high rate of fire gun: you go with 99%/99% gun like maddox, hades, you have to nerf your unload bandwidth a bit as your bullets could become ‘ghost bullet’ so you have to slow down your upload value a bit 

I have been making log on each weapon specific value, be advised this is still WIP, I will update the full list later

sometimes these above values might not work so i suggest you to drop your download bandwidth to 70% / 90-100% depend on guns as I mention above

as I have been testing with many values, here is what I found

70%/70% - jack of all trade, you will not be getting instant death with this, however, hit registration would be a bit off. Sometimes you won’t hit enemy and ended up getting kill

please let me know if this worked for you

0B01874F-7166-4FA2-951F-5B0675C6CC6A.jpeg

D65B67DE-0039-4D5C-9C87-CF1A38988DD3.jpeg

If those settings work for you then that's great and thank you for sharing them with us on the forum!

• Administrators

Thanks for sharing these settings. Just one flag - if you have Anti-Bufferbloat at just 99%, any time your ISP dips below your expected bandwidth speeds then it will no longer take effect.

For example, you have 100mbps speeds. You set Anti-Bufferbloat to 99mbps. ISP has a lot of people using Internet in your area, lowers your speeds to 90mbps temporarily. Anti-Bufferbloat will no longer be taking affect.

This is why we recommend starting out at 70% and moving up and down from there.

45 minutes ago, Netduma Admin said:

Thanks for sharing these settings. Just one flag - if you have Anti-Bufferbloat at just 99%, any time your ISP dips below your expected bandwidth speeds then it will no longer take effect.

For example, you have 100mbps speeds. You set Anti-Bufferbloat to 99mbps. ISP has a lot of people using Internet in your area, lowers your speeds to 90mbps temporarily. Anti-Bufferbloat will no longer be taking affect.

This is why we recommend starting out at 70% and moving up and down from there.

So you are saying that my QoS hadn't taken effect the whole time? 

So does this indicate that for me, it is better to turn off QoS ? 

• Administrators

It may have taken effect, so long as your ISP was proving you with more than 99% of your total bandwidth speeds.

Generally it's better to not turn off QoS, it stops any thing on your network from taking all your bandwidth and causing you to lag.

• Netduma Staff
7 hours ago, Glazeko said:

Where do i find device prioritization 

I think Big Dog meant 'Bandwidth Allocation' - that feature used to be called Device Prioritisation :) 

• Netduma Staff
49 minutes ago, Glazeko said:

I am super confused 😕

Sorry xD maybe I just made things worse. If you are using DumaOS, go to the QoS page. You'll find Bandwidth Allocation there. That feature used to be called Device Prioritisation.

If you happen to be using the Netduma R1 and haven't upgraded to DumaOS, you'll find that feature on the Congestion Control page. Rather than Bandwidth Allocation, that feature will be called Device Prioritisation.

9 minutes ago, Chaiyoabc said:

About 35 on netduma

50 in game

Yeh had a feeling that was going to be the your answer, looks to me like a ping between 30ms and 60ms is ideal for alleviating those WTF moments in Cod. 

15 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

Sorry xD maybe I just made things worse. If you are using DumaOS, go to the QoS page. You'll find Bandwidth Allocation there. That feature used to be called Device Prioritisation.

If you happen to be using the Netduma R1 and haven't upgraded to DumaOS, you'll find that feature on the Congestion Control page. Rather than Bandwidth Allocation, that feature will be called Device Prioritisation.

I took it to mean traffic prioritisation as he simply said prioritise the console. Device prioritisation/bandwidth allocation would be vague if that's what he's saying, since there are a hundred possibilities with that setting. 

Or - and this is a distinct possibility - my interpretation of that wording is greatly affected by my lack of coffee so far this morning 😏

• Netduma Staff
5 hours ago, lllRL said:

I took it to mean traffic prioritisation as he simply said prioritise the console. Device prioritisation/bandwidth allocation would be vague if that's what he's saying, since there are a hundred possibilities with that setting. 

Or - and this is a distinct possibility - my interpretation of that wording is greatly affected by my lack of coffee so far this morning 😏

Ah you could be right! Then again, I don't want to complicate it any further so I'm gunna' zip my mouth shut for now, haha! :) 

So... I've been using this setup with CC @ 99/99 since I'm using le Hades LMG for the last 2 hours or so and can honestly say I haven't had a single BS death thus far.

Even got my first 40 bomb!

Now if only there was some settings to give you teammates that weren't thumbless trash... that would be something ;)

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Sol0flyerz said:

Sadly I just tried the same and honestly had a better game turning all my features off. 

Suggest you try the other post about changing the R1 LAN IP to the same as the upstream router, not sure how it would help but apparently it has

10 hours ago, N3CR0 said:

Now if only there was some settings to give you teammates that weren't thumbless trash... that would be something ;)

I believe you have to be thumbless in order to not get bent over by team KD balancing. Sorry, that doesn't apply to you 😏

20 minutes ago, lllRL said:

I believe you have to be thumbless in order to not get bent over by team KD balancing. Sorry, that doesn't apply to you 😏

It still boggles mind mind. Kids on a playground know how to divide teams so the best 2 start out on opposite teams, then each picks the next best player back and forth until the teams are fairly equal. I almost have a 4.0k/d, but my w/l ratio is only 1.8. Usually I get stuck with with the worst 4-5 stat players in the lobby. Sadly this has always been this way in all of COD multiplayer history. Ballancing shouldn't be a lobsided clusterf✓¢k forcing 1-2 players to carry. I gotta stop playing solo.