DumaOS Announcement: Development Progress & Testing

Netduma Luke

I just feel like the circles in the netduma map could be made a bit clearer. For one I agree that seeing the host can be hard as it's all red circles and they tend to get bigger and smaller constantly. Why can't we have it so that friends will appear as a different color when in a party chat so as to differentiate them kinda. Like make friends blue or ones associated with party chat as blue so we know hey that's them when they jump into the party chat. Again host should be a different color and then make everyone else a different color or make them a different icon idk.

If it was me I would make really laggy players within a certain ping threshold like idk red. So you can see who's connection is trash. Then make hosts yellow, friends in party chat blue. Idk these are just ideas of course. I'm just set on the idea that there has to be a better way than how it is lol

Of course I know alot of people would like to see laggy players no able to connect. This of course will probably be hard to implement because of dedis. IMO dedis don't matter as much as the netcode does. On ghosts it's mostly player hosted it seems and the netcode appears to hold up fairly well for it

That is interesting. I'll have to look at that. I've never seen that before.

Ya just go into chat with a 2 or 3 guys and watch the circles spread in and out as the chat. At least it does on mine lol. I do as you do as well, add in chat, prioritise lower than my servers and name everything. Males it alot easier. With some issues over the years I do wish they would implement a way to save the entire modem configuration including white list but being that the cloud is actually holding the data for your white list I assumr, it would be hard to save the entire config. 

Of course I know alot of people would like to see laggy players no able to connect. This of course will probably be hard to implement because of dedis. IMO dedis don't matter as much as the netcode does. On ghosts it's mostly player hosted it seems and the netcode appears to hold up fairly well for it

You cannot do stuff like that. It's pretty much tampering with the game in a serious way to block someone's connection from a server. 

If it was me I would make really laggy players within a certain ping threshold like idk red. So you can see who's connection is trash. Then make hosts yellow, friends in party chat blue. Idk these are just ideas of course. I'm just set on the idea that there has to be a better way than how it is lol

A lot of us have suggested similar things to distinguish one peer from another by colour so we can match colours to connections and block the laggy players.

It's not messing with the server - they or we will simply connect to another lobby because that peer cannot connect to us. It should behave like the geo-filter, but more granularly.

What's weird is even when I start a game and see a New York dedi. I can't ever get to connect to it no matter what. Strict mode could be on ping assist to 0 and the game will not connect me to it ever. Doesn't really make sense. Unless the game somehow isn't utilizing that server for some reason or another

If you are talking about cod

Try turning off geo filter,

Shutting down console

Reboot r1 from misc settings

Fire up console and game

Go to find game screen

Turn geo filter on

Search for a game.

If you still have issues please start a thread in the General Support section

• Administrators

• Mid February - Open beta: a public beta which you can all apply to be a part of. This version will have all the major new features ready for testing (including anti-jitter, anti-spike and much much more that we can't reveal yet!)

We then expect to launch an Open Beta in March, which will allow any Netduma user who wishes to become a tester to take part.

I think people are getting confused with the timeframe as somewhere along the line it got posted somewhere as the open beta in mid February instead of mid March and it's the second time someone has posted it and that's why people are confused about the timeline, but as it says in Luke's original post...Testing

We are currently approaching users on our community forum to invite them to become testers. The users we approach are based on many factors, including locale and experience with testing. If you are not approached please do not be offended – by its very nature testing means using software that is not yet fully stable so we are deliberately limiting the number of testers.

Shortly after this phase we will extend the testing to the ‘Coal Mine’, our long-standing community of beta testers. We then expect to launch an Open Beta in March, which will allow any Netduma user who wishes to become a tester to take part.

I think people are getting confused with the timeframe as somewhere along the line it got posted somewhere as the open beta in mid February instead of mid March and it's the second time someone has posted it and that's why people are confused about the timeline, but as it says in Luke's original post...Testing

We are currently approaching users on our community forum to invite them to become testers. The users we approach are based on many factors, including locale and experience with testing. If you are not approached please do not be offended – by its very nature testing means using software that is not yet fully stable so we are deliberately limiting the number of testers.

Shortly after this phase we will extend the testing to the ‘Coal Mine’, our long-standing community of beta testers. We then expect to launch an Open Beta in March, which will allow any Netduma user who wishes to become a tester to take part.

They need testers to test from Hawaii.  I'm a "canary" but I haven't been approached yet! :D  I've been with Duma since launch...me and another Hawaii person but since I have not seen him around.  Thats how we became "beta testers"

If you read the forums as much as most people do waiting on this update to resolve some long standing glitches it clearly says in Iain's post that the open beta will be in mid february. It wasn't until it got passed on to Luke to hand out the bad news of a delay that it changed. That's where the "confusion" is coming from. 

If you read the forums as much as most people do waiting on this update to resolve some long standing glitches it clearly says in Iain's post that the open beta will be in mid february. It wasn't until it got passed on to Luke to hand out the bad news of a delay that it changed. That's where the "confusion" is coming from. 

Yeah I know that's my point and where the confusion is coming from, sometimes in business deadlines and timeframe's change and unfortunately it changed and we all want 2.0 as it has some great features but when Iain feels it a workable update he'll let us know.