Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Netduma Iain

Hate lag? Introducing the World’s greatest QoS, including unique Anti-jitter & Anti-spike technology

Recommended Posts

I knew this would be an impressive update with all the work that's gone into it but those results are unbelievably good.  Real game changer...pun intended :P

 

Well done Iain all those months locked in the lab have been worth it.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be quite a bit different but I'll keep the sliders there just in case you're experiencing an issues you can reduce the bandwidth to get more guarantees. But as shown by the results it runs optimally at 100%.

 

The page will have anti-spike, anti-jitter and few other check boxes. I'd suggest just ticking them when you're playing and then unticking when you're done. When I bring out the new engine logic hopefully arround December the router will be able to detect when you start and stop gaming and do it for you :)

Dam man stop this... our you will crate the artificial intelligence and the time of SKYNET will come to reality.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is terrific news, sounds like a massive breakthrough in online gaming ;)  Can't wait to try these features out, particularly the anti spike/anti jitter features.

 

The anti-flood also sounds awesome and even though my wife is the only other user of the internet in our home I didn't realise simple things like page loading can cause spiking! 

 

Guys you are great, many thanks for all your hard work Iain!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1) Upload congestion is far simpler problem because you control the queue, specfically the queue is on the router itself. So you can do what you want, we prioritise gaming packets. In the download direction the queue is on the ISPs PoP.

 

2) We didn't bother because the upload issue is truly trivial and was fixed back in the 90s :)

 

Awesome can't wait to get the feedback. 

 

so with the new anti-jitter firmware my brother can upload to youtube with 90% of the total connection upload while i keep the remaining 10% for my game and wont lag?

 

with the current firmware this isnt possible, the R1 needs to be set to 50-60% congestion control minimum in order to not experience lag in this scenario which ofc will delay the youtube upload by 40-50%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be careful , you create something this big then the big boys will come and buy you for £100000000000000000000000000....... Good work this should help with my minecraft YouTube mad daughters....

O and I know I always ask about R2 as my router is in the lounge,I've come up with a solution ,I'm going to house the R1 in a black shell ....they you go I've got my R2 ......lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, so I moved my home location in the geo-filter from Seattle to the UK so I could download the beta update. Why isn't it working guys??   ;)​ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, so I moved my home location in the geo-filter from Seattle to the UK so I could download the beta update. Why isn't it working guys??   ;)​ 

 

Damn it, why didn't I think of that???   :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...